Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO

Question It Takes a Thief

Does anyone else watch a show on Discovery called It Takes a Thief? I love this show. I think it is such a great idea. For those who haven’t seen it, these two guys go around and pick out houses that would make a good B&E target. The producers talk to the homeowners and convince them to let them wire the house with cameras for the show. When the homeowners aren’t expecting it, the one guy breaks in to take all their shit and trash the house. He’s in and out in usually 5-10 minutes. Then they get to watch the guy in their house/business to get a reality check. Then after they tally up the loot, they give it back to the owners. Then they renovate the house to make it more secure. I like watching it to get ideas for my own home security.

The other day, they targeted Mountain Lakes (NY or NJ?) Police Department. Yup the PD! They stole all kinds of shit including guns and ammo. They ended up getting greedy and got stopped in the driveway on the way out, but none the less would have succeeded. If this were a real B&E of the PD, it would have been ugly, no doubt ending up in a shootout.

It is on M-F at 1800. Check it out. Some episodes are better than others. But over all I give it a 10/10.
    Last edited by Hannibal; 10-24-06 at 03:01 PM.

"Stupid should hurt."

General Patten is offline Surgeon General
    yeah, thats a pretty good show.
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
    Lead is very hazardous to your health.
    Always include Kevlar in your daily diet.

"I always believe in being prepared, even when I'm dressed in white tie and tails."
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Seen it. It truly is an awesome show. It also give home owners an idea about what truly goes on during a B&E.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2001 View Post
    Seen it. It truly is an awesome show. It also give home owners an idea about what truly goes on during a B&E.
    You're right. When I first saw the show last season it surprised me how quickly they could clean out a house with only one or two guys. In like 8 minutes, a whole house pillaged and trashed. It really is an eye opener for those involved.

"Stupid should hurt."

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Very good show

The guys on it are former burglars too, might I add
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

pc830cop is offline Just another squirrel looking for a NUT
    Verified LEO
    I love the show. every chance I get I watch! It has given me good tips for my own home

Searching for Evil and the Perfect donut (Love that book)

"It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you"
    -Batman Begins

There are gains for all our losses
    There are balms for all our pain
    But, when youth, the dream, departs
    It takes something from our hearts
    And it never comes again

"Captain, it is I Ensign Pulver. I just threw your damn palm tree overboard. Now, what's all this crap about no movie tonight?" -Ens Pulver in Mister Roberts

The man who will go where his colors go, without asking who will fight a phantom foe in the jungle and mountain range, without counting, and who will suffer and die in the midst of incredible hardship, without complaint, is still what he has always been, from Imperial Rome to sceptered Britain to democratic America. He is the stuff of which legions are made. ...His pride is in his colors and his regiment, his training hard and thorough and coldly realistic, to fit him for what he must face...and his obedience is to his orders. He has been called United State Marine.
    T.R. Fehrenbach, This Kind of War

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky

Great show, and it's amazing the gadgets they use beyond what you expect.

Using motion detector sprinklers usually used to deter animals is brilliant!

Discovery Channel rocks!
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    I've found myself watching this show quite often recently. I think it's great! The way they break into some of the homes is really unique sometimes. Furthermore, the security equiptment they use is really cool also. Yesterday I watched them install some real state-of-the-art stuff in this house that sits along a golfcourse, even in a gated community. The hooked the family up with some really nice stuff, and even a badass security system for the dad's new BMW!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Thread Information