Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Citizen72521 is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by BugEyedBeast View Post
    Citizen72521 : Please cite your source.

P&T's BS doesn't count. I want something to read - not just picking on you for not giving a source, I'd actually like to have something credible to reference.
    Google says... http://www.fraserinstitute.ca/shared...sNav=nr&id=386

Obviously inhaling chemical soot and burnt particulate matter is not good for you and I hope no one needs a Dr. to tell them that, but these days the smoking bans are almost as crazed as that loony liberal asbestos scare.

Citizen72521 is offline Rookie

Market Control through Legit business

Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg3533 View Post
    He doesn't care about that stuff. Doesn't care what we see on any given day, why? Because it goes completely what he has been brain washed into believing.

In case you haven't noticed most of us here don't agree with legalizing it. You can argue till your blue in the face and I personally wont change my opinion, why? Because of what I see on any given day of work.
    Might I suggest then that you try not of relying on your emotionally charged likely more irrational personal anecdotal and unscientific experience with the every day "dangers of drugs" that everyone is already aware of. Instead apply some logic and common sense to the problem to find a real solution.

The stronger restrictions are on a prohibited commodity the higher the black market value goes i.e. the price of the drugs/service will continue to go up the tougher the laws are. This is partly because the fines and punishments are more severe and therefore more complex organized crime must form and take in even more money to keep the trade going.

If there are no restrictions on a commodity the free market naturally lowers the price and the need for consumers to steal to support their bad habit goes away.
    Low profit margins and lack of threat of severe punishment make it so organized crime can no longer compete and eventually the manufacture and abuse of such commodities dissipates.

With the intimate services industries service providers naturally get off the streets and form businesses, which protect them and their clients and makes it so street criminals can not compete with legit business.

This is obvious in Nevada where there are very wealthy brothels that have lots of security and in house doctors etc. to protect themselves and their clients from embarrassment and negligence law suits. There is NO government intervention or regulation necessary when individuals choose the responsibility to protect their rights.
    Last edited by Citizen72521; 11-28-06 at 01:24 PM. Reason: syntax/grammar

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    Just remember if it wasnt for double standards, liberals wouldnt have any standards at all.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Wow, I've spent so much time on their site, I get defensive any time I read a post here now

Welpe is offline Wannabe NFL Ref
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
    Wow, I've spent so much time on their site, I get defensive any time I read a post here now
    SHUT UP YOU FREEDOM HATER!!!!!
    "To the German commander: 'Nuts!' The American Commander" - General Tony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne Division

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
    SHUT UP YOU FREEDOM HATER!!!!!
    That made me so angry my eyeball popped out

E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO
    Who determines what is wrong or harmful? 400 years ago blasphemy was wrong, 70 years ago drinking alcohol was wrong. you're right no one has the civil right to harm anyone else, but i have the right to do whatever I want with my own body, my own money, and my own time regardless of what you think is 'wrong or hamful' Let me ask you this: the sun is widely known to cause cancer should we make a law that mandates everyone must stay inside at all times?
    Above quote from SMITTY^^

So to take a quote from Michaal Savage, If it feels good it must be ok and should be legal???
    Well then , lets all Fuk sheep and horses. OH WAIT they did and a guy in Seattle got crushed to death by a horse he was FUKING...
    If it feels good, it must be legal
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    Quote Originally Posted by FTL_Ian View Post
    I'd like to address the why we're bringing these issues to the police instead of just the politicians.

It's simple. Informing the police and recruiting allies is important because when the issue does get brought to the forefront politically, like it did in Nevada this year, the police associations actively OPPOSE any form of decrim or legalization.

I realize that not all of you support the Chiefs of Police and the other organizations that come out in favor of the War on Drugs, but the fact still remains that they do.

Therefore, the more LEOs we can get on our side, the more "legitimate" we become because then we can point to the LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition) cops as a counter argument to the Drug-Warrior cops.

When the issue is citizens vs. cops, on-the-fence people tend to side with the cops. When the issue is cops vs cops, then perhaps people will stop and think, and really look closely at the issue of ending the War on Drugs.

I hope that makes sense.
    Nope.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Someone take over for me on their site, I have to pass the baton so I can go to the gym. Training to crack druggy skulls of course

TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    I'm listening to the playback now. Brad totally owns.
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

Welpe is offline Wannabe NFL Ref
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    I'm listening to the playback now. Brad totally owns.
    ROFL that picture is priceless!
    "To the German commander: 'Nuts!' The American Commander" - General Tony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne Division

Vendetta is offline Today, We are All Hokies
    Verified LEO
    I hate to say this but we really need to get the former member known as SHERIFF on the air.
    That would be funny as shit
    "And don't go home, and don't go to eat, and don't play with yourself. It wouldn't look nice on my highway", Buford T. Justice

#1 Rule in Police: Sometimes its easier to ask Forgiveness than it is to ask Permission

No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes

Michelle is offline Civilian
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    I hate to say this but we really need to get the former member known as SHERIFF on the air.

Yeah it would! I'd pay to listen to that!

HardNoseBull is offline HardNoseBull
    If I had been at home instead of work, you that law enforcement/corrections thing that those DJ's luv so much I would have called in. I would gladly have a verbal sparring match with all the questions and comments they made. Hopefully next time I will get the chance. I love some of their arguments it's like a 15 year kid that busted and is trying to justify everything.
    Giggity giggity Goo!

Glen Quagmire,Family Guy, Pick any Episode

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Oops, in the Holding Cell now - was somebody naughty?

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    I know where we can find him

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by HardNoseBull View Post
    If I had been at home instead of work, you that law enforcement/corrections thing that those DJ's luv so much I would have called in. I would gladly have a verbal sparring match with all the questions and comments they made. Hopefully next time I will get the chance. I love some of their arguments it's like a 15 year kid that busted and is trying to justify everything.
    They are on right now. 1-800-259-9231
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

Vendetta is offline Today, We are All Hokies
    Verified LEO
    i just listened to Brad on last night.........and he laughs when they talk about how bad Barcardi 151 tastes like.............LOL

How about Everclear??????????
    "And don't go home, and don't go to eat, and don't play with yourself. It wouldn't look nice on my highway", Buford T. Justice

#1 Rule in Police: Sometimes its easier to ask Forgiveness than it is to ask Permission

No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    That's what I was thinking!

Radar is offline We all bleed blue
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    everclear. got 3 bottles in my pantry. when and where?
    Here Speeder, Speeder, Speeder

"Oderint dum metuant" - Caligula

"How come you only call me when someone's dead?"

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information