Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Cheech Guest
    first off my credit score Is not in the 1000s, it was a joke we have quickly realized you can't handle a joke. your credit score is not of the utmost importance in your background. you have not progressed far in your background. the reason I say that is because you have not cleared backgrounds. you can go through the whole process it doesn't mean anything. until your background investigator says your good to go then your clear. as for disqualifying factors we don't know, and you don't know. let your background investigator tell you. if you make it buy bigger underwear maybe you'll loosen up a bit!

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    was the fake id thing a felony charge?
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

SANDMAN is offline Master Officer
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by lechleidner View Post
    Thanks Lew, and Illy, you guys spelled it out. My skin is plenty thick, and I can handle any and all ribbing. It's just a different world for me. I am a business man, and I let my employees talk, and I try to get a feel for their personality. I like to hear their opinions, and I feel it helps my business to make them feel special. When I was 22 or 23, I got a chance to talk with the Owner/Founder of Outback Steakhouse, I felt, he never made a joke, he was all business he wanted to know what I thought, and what He never made a comment and said, hahaah don't you get it?
    Thats the point he never made a joke, he was all business
    That was Business to make money. LE is a Business to save lives, and humor is a big part of that as if it wasn't there most of the guys would be in the nut house.
    If at first you don't succeed, then bomb disposal probably isn't for you.

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to there level and beat you on experience.

lechleidner is offline Rookie
    Gozling, my fake ID, was when i was about 19, I got pinched at a club near FSU, I did 40 hrs Comm Serv. and that was it.

Hey guys ( I mean all LEO), I don't know what is funny about getting spit in the face, and I don't know what is funny about some drunk hill-billy beating on his wife. And I don't know what is funny about anything I"ve seen on Cops..

My dad was 32 years Navy, and now he's a 63 year old reserve with Jackson county. He was a funny guy, but he was never sarcastic, and he was always to the point. I am very proud of my pop, I never had to guess where I stood, I never once saw him stand in a group with others and laugh at his own jokes. (thats just not funny)

Cheech Guest
    And I don't know what is funny about anything I"ve seen on Cops..
    dood, your kidding me... cops is the funniest show ever.

but hey mr. citizen you know all about law enforcement we apologize for having the wrong attitude I guess we can learn a lot from a business man never having anything to do with law enforcement. we apologize.

Cheech, I know nothing about Law Enforcement, I am a wanna-be, no more/no less. I'll have to look back at my posts, I can't remember where I said you had the wrong attitude? Cheech, I am a decent law abiding citizen, you have no reason to apoligize to me.

Cheech, if you are a LEO, I hope you are cool to about 90% of the public, and I hope you don't call them Mr Citizen. Most of the people in your community are nice people, and willing to help.

iso607 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    I'm gonna answer your original question first. Not too good if you don't loosen up a little. IMO.
    As far as the rest of what has been said on this thread, nobody is saying there is anything funny about getting spit on or bubba beating his wife. Or many other things that many of us LEO's have seen. What I believe they are saying and what I am saying is this is this can be a very stressfull line of work. Laughing and joking is done to relieve some of that stress. LEF is a place that we go to do this. I believe Cheech was just playing with you in the same way we all do with each other. If you can't respect that maybe you should leave.

Oh, Cheech, I wanted to add one more thing; I know Zero about the LEO feild. But I know what it means to be a decent human being, while emplyoying 17 tax payers. I do everything within the law, and my daughter is the Captain of the 12Under National Travel Team (volleyball), All of us parents are here to help. As I said, I am 38, I think that 90% of any community are nice people. Any buisness, and any field has a few bad apples (doushe bags), but those are the breaks...good luck my future law dog bro

I have been told to loosen up, and lighten up alot in the past 4 months, with regards to my Law Enforcement goals.

I love all the posts, and I love to read all the advice.

Here is why I can't take a joke, and you want me to lighten up:

Theft and shrinkage are a plague, one bad apple can sink a business. I do inventory every day, and there ain't no tap dance to explain away a missing bottle of booze. ( I tell my bartenders; you steal from me, you are enemy) I have zero turnover, because I treat my guys with respect and dignity, and I pay them well.

Illiy is offline Corporal

Can we all take a deep breath...

I think the guy is sincere, and has very little experience in the "ribbing" that goes on... something that he will need to work on if he plans to get into law enforcement.

I think we can let this thread die and move on now....

Terminator is offline BANNED

SANDMAN is offline Master Officer
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Oh, Cheech, I wanted to add one more thing; I know Zero about the LEO feild. But I know what it means to be a decent human being, while emplyoying 17 tax payers. I do everything within the law, and my daughter is the Captain of the 12Under National Travel Team (volleyball), All of us parents are here to help. As I said, I am 38, I think that 90% of any community are nice people. Any buisness, and any field has a few bad apples (doushe bags), but those are the breaks...good luck my future law dog bro
    while emplyoying 17 tax payers
    Whats that got to do with it, People go on about i pay my taxes so i pay your wages. Forgive me if i am wrong but don't LEO pay taxes also and pay partly to there own wage.

This hasn't got anything to do with Money, this has got to do with how an officer uses humor as a form of stress relief just as i do as a soldier in battle. Just because you wear a uniform doesn't mean you have to be hard nosed and cold hearted to everything. You need to have a laugh from time to time at a bad situation, granted not at the scene at the time as that is a little sick .
    If at first you don't succeed, then bomb disposal probably isn't for you.

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to there level and beat you on experience.

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Quit breaking this guy's balls already!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Officer Illiy, can we please go back to the original question?

Illiy is offline Corporal
    Officer Illiy, can we please go back to the original question?
    I am not an officer. I am in the application process myself. Somewhere around the second and fourth phases with different departments.

These guys are smart and have a lot to offer, loosen up and listen to them.

This hasn't got anything to do with Money, this has got to do with how an officer uses humor as a form of stress relief just as i do as a soldier in battle. Just because you wear a uniform doesn't mean you have to be hard nosed and cold hearted to everything. You need to have a laugh from time to time at a bad situation, granted not at the scene at the time as that is a little sick ...........
    Thank you Sandman, I think law enforcement is no laughing matter, I will support my family, and raise my daugter with no such jokes.

This hasn't got anything to do with Money, this has got to do with how an officer uses humor as a form of stress relief just as i do as a soldier in battle. Just because you wear a uniform doesn't mean you have to be hard nosed and cold hearted to everything. You need to have a laugh from time to time at a bad situation, granted not at the scene at the time as that is a little sick .

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    lechleider...

I know it was a while ago.. but fraud here is a big thing .. not sure how that would go over with the guys who approve things upstairs.

as far as everything else is concerned we are honest hard working people just like you with families and such.. there are probably more similarities than differences ...
    however... until you see someone blown apart into 6 pieces and accidently step on a part of the skull and NOT vomit... or UNTIL you see a baby stuffed in a bag stored in the trunk of a car for a week in 90 degree heat.. OR until you get in a fight with a gun and its next to your head and you are praying that you can get out of it....
    dont question any of these guys about their sense of humor to deal with this job on a daily basis.

It is no laughing matter, however you will find when or if you get into this that it is HOW stress is MOST often dealt with due to the level of uncomfortableness that surrounds the entire moment.

When you walk away from an MS13 gang that just shot up your car while you have it in reverse screaming into the mic... and a fellow officer finds you and cracks a joke... believe me it is the best moment in the whole freaking world.

(and yeah those are all things that have happend to me as a friggin rookie)

I am sure you are a really good guy.. from reading your posts you are very responsible and caring and have your priorities in order it seems...
    but you have to realize this is a WHOLE different world and until you live it - dont either question it or think you know what its all about or how or what you would do in those situations... you just dont know till you live it...

but thats just me

sorry just found your post that you answered me.. my apologies..

also.. if you dont find cops funny... ok

but after you do this job... its hillarious... and i dont see us standing around laughing at our own jokes we come up with... they are great jokes at our partners expense...
    and mr citizen here is called... customers...

we have customers
    for real lol now that is funny
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with