Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Kpdpipes is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    We certainly do have a kickass Mod Squad.

Who Plays Link??????

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Someone has a rude awakening in store, should they ever hit the street. Throwing push-button tackles on a video game or playing tag with a willing partner on a mat are a far cry from someone trying to gouge your eyeballs out on an asphalt roadway while they're grabbing at your holster.

This young man uses video out-takes of uniforms being made victims; domestic, foreign, and even security guards, who put themselves in compromising professional, then tactical disadvantages, relates that to a hasty generalization of POLICE training and conduct. In his little, linear window of the world, he shares the perception of many facets of the e-generation, and ignorant of statistical fact, he equates what he sees on the internet as his "global" reality.

For those of us on the street:
    Ten years from now, the glory will be gone, the scars and aches will be real, and the memories what nightmares are made of. You'll often wonder why, but learn to avoid wondering what if...

Use this lesson, my shield-brothers (and sisters), this is what your public sees and thinks. Be mindful that to the human, perception is equivalent to reality. This is the boldness that society feels, and a cause of the aggressive posturing that we now so commonly face. And it appears to be getting worse.

Critique yourselves constantly. Remember positioning, tactics, peripheral awareness and vigilance. Re-acquaint yourselves with the 10 deadlies, and practice their avoidance. Read the eyes, but watch the hands.

Be diligent, professional, always exuding calm confidence, and be ever-watchful for the cues of impending violence. You are never legally bound to only react to acts of aggression, you must well-articulate the basis for your actions and reasonings behind your perception of a threat and the reasonable expectation of violence. Once committed, never relax until you are secure and alone among family again. Rule #1, always and in all ways.

You, my family are the legacy of the warrior. Your victory is for that which is right and just. Carry the banner proudly, wear the uniform with dignity and decency.

Wear your velvet gloves over an iron fist.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    I think they should teach Tai Chi in Academies. That way we'd all look good in Slow Motion.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Someone may want to tell this young man one day that Billy Badass never made it to be an old man and judging books by their covers only ever proved you were too stupid to read.

PeterJasonMN Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Offhand, I'd say join the academy and find out.
    Offhand I'd have suggested he go up to the biggest/baddest cop he could find, punch him once in the gut and learn by example.

CW Mock is offline Trooper
    Verified LEO
    LOL ... that could be funny.

TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO
    Wait until the OP finds out Cops carry Golden Saber, Ranger, Gold dot, Hydra-shok ammo in their handguns instead of....

"When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO

Smile Elle

That was priceless!!!!

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    One of my partners on the P.D. was taught Hwa Rang Do when he was in Spec. Ops. in Vietnam and it served him very well on the street

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    I am a master in El Gun Do. So don't

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Badge212 Guest
    The biggest problem is we're taught defensive skills and officer survival tactics once and maybe refreshing ourselves in the classroom once a year, but if you don't use what your taught regularly, you forget it. So thats probably what leads most officers to fight like you see on television because you just simply forget it over time. At least thats what my instructors have said.

That being said, I was trained in street survival (Ground fighting, fighting people with weapons such as knives, razors, etc), PPCT (Pressure Point Control Tactics) and a new one Homeland Security came out with, Controlled F.O.R.C.E.

Suffice to say I've used it just the other day to disarm a nut that came at me with a fork, and it works wonders. And once they feel that nerve being hammered on, they comply pretty quick with your commands.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information