Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Badge View Post
    Jesus, I posted a simple thread to get some other professional perspectives on my situation and I get the Three Stooges equivilent of comments second guessing a rather straight forward scenario.

Virginian, in my Agency a background check was run by checking within the State the Agency was located in and any state the applicant lived in or was employed in. For example if NYPD was hiring someone who live in FL but worked in GA they would check in NY, FL, & GA. They wouldnt do a seperate check in Montana, New Mexico, or Alaska without cause.

While not employed with other Agencies I know a number that would search our tri-state area regardless of where you lived or were employed because the States are so intermingled in terms of commuiting, shopping, recreation, etc. For example NYPD might have searced NY, NJ, & PN but not CA and others without reason.

Would you care to add some intelligent insight to my situation now?
    Just what we need around here. We haven't had a thick-skulled nimrod to bat around in a while.

I'm not sure the responses could have been any more clear or proffesional. The fact is, IF you were any kind of Law Enforcement Officer you would see the problems you face without coming to the forum, posting your plight in comfort of hiding behind a screen name, then trying to argue with the very same people you sought help from.

You were caught OVI, were dumb enough to drive yourself to court to appear on the charges, and then attempt to drive away. Did you think that someone wouldn't notice the guy who was just in on OVI walking back to the driver's side of his vehicle? Common sense tells you that's just straight up, good old fashion heads up Police work to see if you were foolish enough to drive. And apparently you were.

Furthermore, how did you manage to keep a clear conscience working the streets with NO driver's license and knowing you were pursuing people for commiting a crime you yourself were guilty of? Let's not even mention the criminal and proffessional risks you put your "friend" through to check you license.

I don't think you need to ask if you "Have a future". It's become apparent that you've answered your own question. Please do the proffesion a favor and do NOT attempt to get back into the job. It will spare us all the black eye and embarassment you will cause to the rest of us when you commit another crime and attempt to cover it up. Your life would be best suited staying where you are. For all of our sakes.

Feel free to let us know what type of business you work in so we can protect our money from someone as dishonest as you...........thank you, drive through.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Badge View Post
    Thank you for the replies and Iíll happily reply to each question/comment.

Cidp24:
    1.) Why was the suspension not reciprocal? I have no idea and thank god it wasnít otherwise I couldnít have held a job for 4-years (habitual suspension) let alone lived any semblance of a life.
    2.) I was already a sworn LE Officer when this happened. How did I avoid this coming to light? Iím not sure I understand the question. It happened in another State and my Agency, and no other I have heard of, runs background checks on their established Officers so there was no reason for it to come up. Furthermore you have to remember that they would have to specifically check the State it happened in otherwise it would never come up.
    3.) Oui, leaving the scene, crossing the yellow line, and the driving after suspension that came a month later made me a habitual offender. Three charges came from a single incident.
    4.) Itís not pressure thatís making me want to go back. I always wanted to be part of it and LOVE it. Thatís why I had a better resume by the age of 25 than most Career State Troopers have. Unfortunately because of this incident that resume might as well be printed on toilet paper. I have friends and family that are part of three different Agencies who are in need of part time Officers and their respective Department Heads all keep telling them to get me in. I would love to do this but not at the expense of humiliating myself in front of friends and family.

One other person in my life knows about this incident, the friend that was with me that night and we no longer speak. My wife doesnít even know about it.

Maclean your comment is the exact blind robotic mentality Iím concerned with. For the record my vehicle was struck by a girl who was found to have drugs in her system. She was hurt and went to the hospital; I was not hurt so I went to jail.

Unless a search is done specifically in the State that it happened the incident will not come up. I have a friend in the State Police that has checked this a number of times. I could apply in most States in the country and wouldnít have a problem because I never lived in or was employed in the State where it happened. But like I said in my original post I live in a tri-state area that is commonly checked.

Do most Agencies only conduct background checks in their State or one that an applicant lives in?
    Assuming they do and I was upfront about all of this is their a chance I would be hired?

Oh, as for expunging. I have emailed a number of Attorneyís over the years and most of it could be expunged. However there is a ďLifetime look backĒ statue in regards to the OUI so I donít see the point in trying unless I can clean my entire slate.
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I don't for a second believe this guy has anything more than an associates in CJ and 5 years as a mall ninja.

MacLean is online now O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Yay! Someone finally brought up mall ninjas!

Reps inbound.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

Talking did someone say mall ninja

P.S. do i get rep for posting the first picture of a mall ninja!!!

___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Bad photo Fed, you can't see the ceramic plate duck taped to his back.
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

In the most intelligent way, of course...

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Talking Best mall ninja thread ever

___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    One last comment. I value honesty. I was up front with everything I thought possibly I may have done wrong. In my agency you lie you die. How would you ever pass a polygraph which is standard in the hiring process? Would you lie on your application where it asks if you have ever been convicted of a crime?

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

I was there for that one, absolutely priceless!
    I'm your huckleberry...

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Yeah you're a liar.

We're all familiar with how background checks are done, how NCIC operates (at least to a degree), resources police officers have to them, and hiring requirements for our own agencies.

You're a liar.

If you were an officer, why couldn't you check your own driving record?
    You lied to your family, friends, co-workers, and employer (if any of this is true, which I doubt). If it is true, please stay out. You're not wanted. You're the kind of officer that gives the rest a bad name.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Sacramento checks FBI, NCIC, ELKS, MASONS and every other alphabet agency>

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Kpdpipes is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Nope you have NO chance..and i'm sure that if your "Friends and Former co-workers" or whoever is pushing to get you back into LE Knew about your little "Problem" they wouldnt even bother to ask you anymore. In NJ, in most departments that i'm familiar with, if you get ANY moving violation, or arrest ANYWHERE you are required to report it to your Dept head in a timely manner. If you get a DWI even someplace that does not have reciprocity with NJ as far as Licensing is concerned you're looking at a 3-6 month suspension, if not outright Termination. So you're a screwup in that, then you COMPUND that by having your dispatcher friend take a chance on being fired, or even subject to criminal action, depending on her departmental policy to run your license.. Do the rest of us a Favor, and stay with your Money job.... YOU are nothing but a Bad news story waiting to happen.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Go home, sit down, shut up and stop wasting our time. I know some of the guys are enjoying batting you around.....in a battle of wits, you are unarmed....but I really have better things to do.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    HTO is a felony here.
    the answer is a simple no.
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Mr. Broken Badge,

You've asked me to terminate your account here, and I will do so by finally banning you, immediately after I have given you the opportunity to read this; my final words regarding your situation.

Above all else, I believe that law enforcement officers are entrusted with the highest duty of all public servants, that being the guardians of the public trust. We are indeed human and thereby apt to error, this is understood. However our errors should always be on the side of honor, dignity, and respect for the office with which we have been entrusted, and when committed, our belief in justice conveys a sense of duty in standing up and admitting our fault; accepting the consequences for our actions. We expect others to do the same, how can we expect less of ourselves?

Your post blatantly and clearly purports the opposite, and in doing so, you admit to an offense much more critical than that of driving under the influence. I cannot rectify in my mind how a law enforcement agency could arrest, charge, and convict another agency's law enforcement officer without somehow notifying that officer's department. This is what you claimed happened, so I'll simply take that at face value. If indeed this happened as you report, you have shown an absolute disregard for the badge and your former department. You forget that when one of us fails, in the minds of the public, we all do. Honestly sir, we take enough unwarranted black eyes to be subject to one so deserved. I think you will notice by the responses here, that you are unwanted in our community, not because of the mistake you made by driving under the influence, but because of your evasion thereafter and the detestable attitude which you communicate so boldly now. Your whining about being 'victimized' by an out-of-state agency is painfully familiar to us, we hear it regularly when we do our jobs, specifically when we jail those who so desperately deserve it, as you did.

You are correctly self-named, for YOU broke the badge, and tried to glue it back together with lies and deceit, only to eventually find out that the badge is just too heavy for someone without any semblance of honor to carry.

My most fervent wish for you is that one day you will realize that the world doesn't spin around you and that you aren't owed anything special in regards to treatment. You screwed up, you violated the law, you got caught, then you hid behind your "Broken Badge" like a coward for two years before the guilt and shame finally led to your demise. There is a God.

These men who you scoff at and liken to the Three Stooges are more than you have ever been, and are more than you will ever be. They are PROFESSIONAL law enforcement officers, who hold their duty and the honor of their service far above their selfish desire to hide behind a cheap shiny badge. You sir, are not worthy to shine their boots.

You are cordially invited to STFU, GTFO, and continue your meaningless, dishonored, and despicable little existence elsewhere. I will remember you in pity only.

/rant off

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Illiy is offline Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    Mr. Broken Badge,

You've asked me to terminate your account here, and I will do so by finally banning you, immediately after I have given you the opportunity to read this, my final words regarding your situation.

These men who you scoff at and liken to the Three Stooges are more than you have ever been, and are more than you will ever be. They are PROFESSIONAL law enforcement officers, who hold their duty and the honor of their service far above their selfish desire to hide behind a cheap shiny badge. You are not worthy to shine their boots.
    Reps in bound!

Grrr! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to countybear again.

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Thats ok, I did it. Too bad it is not so much.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    what is GTOF?
    lol
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road