Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    lehope42 is offline Rookie

Polygraph confusion

I was at the final stages of the hiring process and had to take my polygraph. The Polygrapher said I was "flagging for sale of drugs and lying on my app." I then explained to him I was prescribed to adderral back in school and gave it away to friends up to 20 times and occassionally took 5 bucks for a pill in HS and College) I told him that the last agency I applied to told me that i should not have put I sold drugs on the app as these werent illegal. So on this new department who I was taking the polygraph for I didnt and this came up. He said it was going to be sent for adjudication to determine if they can retest me........How bad does this look? Is what I did a huge showstopper?

Thanks!

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Not good, essentially you were a drug dealer. You sold prescription drugs, which is a pretty serious felony.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

nikkio9 is offline When your day ends mine begins
    I'm no expert by any means but I just went through the process myself and from what I've been told you should never change or omit any info. on your app. from one department to another. They may have been able to look over the fact that you did that when you were younger (everyone makes bad decisions) but now you look like you were trying to hide something which shows them that there are integrity issues. Also you should never bring up new info. during your polygraph....the issue should have been brought up long before you took the actual test.

hush29 is offline Corporal
    Even if it sounds bad on that app, put it down anyway. Always be completely forthcoming with all your information. When I applied, a while back, it asked if i have had any weapons charges. I had to respond 'yes' because even though it wasn't a serious charge, it still was a weapons charge. I got tagged for "Possession of an uncased/unloaded concealed weapon". It was in Minnesota, i was from South Dakota, therefore, my permit for a concealed weapon was only good for South Dakota.

They asked me about it in my interview. I told them exactly what happened and was later hired.
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

OXCOPS is offline Usual Suspect
    When it comes to police applicants, departments are alot more willing to work with you on something you fessed up to doing. If you don't list something, and they find out about it (and they will), then you will be viewed as untruthful and will most likely be removed from the hiring process.

Remember that just because one department doesn't have a problem with it doesn't mean the next department will view it the same way. When I took my poly for my current job, I was advised to tell EVERYTHING on the application and polygraph questionnaire. Almost all of it was written off by the examiner during the pre-test interview. They would word their questions in a way that would take my answers into account.

Also, how long ago did the LAST transaction take place? If you are 40 years old, and it was 20 years ago, that is one thing. If you just graduated college and it was 6 months ago, that is another.

Jks9199 is online now The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    You just fessed up to concealing that you committed a felony.

If you applied to my agency -- I'd sure argue against hiring you. It's a double integrity issue...

If you want to even have a chance, tell them when you apply. They can decide whether it's something they can work around, and you won't waste anyone's time if it's not.

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Sounds bad to me. Amoung other things, I do back grounds for my agency. If this came up in the begining, you would have had more time to apply somewhere. Just can't take the chance.

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    you would be denied with our dept.
    bottom line is it was a prescription drug and you sold it to someone else.

you dealt a drug

be honest with every agency because having it flagged looks a lot worse.
    though i dont know who will hire with that.
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

MacLean is online now O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'd suggest next time being honest completely. You stand a better chance.

Not every department is going to turn you down for what you did, but damn near all of them will for hiding it.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Up to the individual department, but basically you sold drugs man. Doesn't look good.

BTW, feel free to introduce yourself in the introduction section.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    Quote Originally Posted by lehope42 View Post
    I was at the final stages of the hiring process and had to take my polygraph. The Polygrapher said I was "flagging for sale of drugs and lying on my app." I then explained to him I was prescribed to adderral back in school and gave it away to friends up to 20 times and occassionally took 5 bucks for a pill in HS and College) I told him that the last agency I applied to told me that i should not have put I sold drugs on the app as these werent illegal. So on this new department who I was taking the polygraph for I didnt and this came up. He said it was going to be sent for adjudication to determine if they can retest me........How bad does this look? Is what I did a huge showstopper?

Thanks!
    Sounds as if you are a drug dealer that is trying to get into law enforcement. They will catch your sins. If you were applying at my department and did not give this information on the application I would arrest your drug dealing ass for lying on your application.
    I do have a way out for you though. Practice saying "would you like fries with that combo".
    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

Kpdpipes is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Automatic Denial, Sorry but this profession isnt for you with that history.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    You have asked this question on other LE forums and got the same answers. YOU SOLD DRUGS AND LIED ABOUT IT!!

What part of this do you not understand?

This trollish thread is moved to the Holding Cell.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

and gave it away to friends up to 20 times and occassionally took 5 bucks for a pill in HS and College)
    This makes you a dealer old boy.

I told him that the last agency I applied to told me that i should not have put I sold drugs on the app as these werent illegal.
    So you've applied to more than one agency and you wonder if this is a showstopper? The possession of the drugs may not have been illegal but the distribution certainly was.

in HS and College
    Took you a while to figure it out did it?

Turn your life around, find Jesus, or devote your life to serving food to the homeless.
    Is it just me or is there an odor here? My trigger finger is itchy.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Nope, I smell it too, Lew. Here is what he wrote somewhere else on the 16th of Nov :

Polygraph confusion for employment
    Hi all,
    I have been a couple months (5) into the hiring process with a federal police agency. I recently just took the poly...it was pretty much my last step before making the cut (besides the background, which I am totally clean on) I took a poly before and passed it. This time, the polygrapher came around and said "Hey youíre not doing to good, whatís up with sale of drugs? And lying on your app the poly is showing deception to me?" Now you'll just have to take my word for it its the best I can do. I literally have never sold drugs. I told him well all I can think of is I was prescribed to Adderall in college and gave it to some friends at a few points but never exceeded 20 times or made more than $50 from it.....thats the truth, once again just going to have to take my word for it. he couldnít get in touch with HQ to verify a retest so said to wait to hear back from an adjudication.
    In all of your professional opinions what is your take on this? good/bad, should of kept it to myself?. Lastly he asked why I didnít tell him and this is honest, I said because I said on my last app at another dept. I had sold drugs and they told me I hadnít because it was my prescription and I should have checked "no".

Appreciate your time,

LE hopeful
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Yeah. Found him there too. Good move on his new home.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

hush29 is offline Corporal
    Wow, if I would have known about his little antics and posting this shit in an earlier post, I wouldn't have been such a nice guy in my response. What a dipshit.

Don't even try to be in LE, dude, you won't make it even if somebody actually hires you.
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by lehope42 View Post
    I was prescribed to adderral back in school and gave it away to friends up to 20 times and occassionally took 5 bucks for a pill in HS and College)
    Got any extra?

"When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    Quote Originally Posted by hush29 View Post
    Wow, if I would have known about his little antics and posting this shit in an earlier post, I wouldn't have been such a nice guy in my response. What a dipshit.

Don't even try to be in LE, dude, you won't make it even if somebody actually hires you.
    yup... you took the words out of my mouth
    now i just want to ask him if he is really that fucking dumb.

http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    Quote Originally Posted by TheeBadOne View Post
    Got any extra?

I'm watching you boy!

Then your going to see the back of my

The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information