Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hopeful is offline Banned

California DOJ background check for Insurance License.

Hi all,hoping I might benefit from of your insight.I am currently attempting to obtain my California Life Insurance salespersons license.Since I did have some past lapses of judgement years ago,I had a D.O.J. Lifescan done on myself.I had a total of 3 misdemeanor convictions.The first was in 1977 and was a conviction for v.c.10851 taking vehicle without owners consent.The second was in 1978 and was a conviction for 487.1 grand theft property.The third was in 1991 and was a conviction for 7028 contracting without a license,later that year I did obtain my contractors license and it has been in good standing to this day.Given the age of these convictions,and the fact that they dont define who I am today,do I stand a chance of passing the background check criteria for the Dept Of Insurance? Thanks for any assistance.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Hi all,hoping I might benefit from of your insight.I am currently attempting to obtain my California Life Insurance salespersons license.Since I did have some past lapses of judgement years ago,I had a D.O.J. Lifescan done on myself.I had a total of 3 misdemeanor convictions.The first was in 1977 and was a conviction for v.c.10851 taking vehicle without owners consent.The second was in 1978 and was a conviction for 487.1 grand theft property.The third was in 1991 and was a conviction for 7028 contracting without a license,later that year I did obtain my contractors license and it has been in good standing to this day.Given the age of these convictions,and the fact that they dont define who I am today,do I stand a chance of passing the background check criteria for the Dept Of Insurance? Thanks for any assistance.

Not being familiar with the background process for the Dept of Insurance it's hard for me to give you an answer.

The only thing I can offer is to be completely upfront and honest with them when they do the investigation. You may also want to explore getting your record expunged.

Good luck

Also, Welcome to LEF, feel free to post an introduction.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Probation13-901 is offline Master Officer
    I would have to agree about being up front and honest, If you lied then that would be a deal breaker!

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Check out this website for information:

http://www.insurance.ca.gov/

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Grand theft property huh....what did you steal?

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Thanks for the replies,much appreciated.To be honest I dont recall what was stolen.I intend to be 100% truthful about everything,problem is seems some of the arrest and court records may not be available due to the age of the cases.Thanks for the input.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Thanks for the replies,much appreciated.To be honest I dont recall what was stolen.I intend to be 100% truthful about everything,problem is seems some of the arrest and court records may not be available due to the age of the cases.Thanks for the input.

I play poker a lot. I don't usually remember the big hands that I win. However, I remember in vivid detail the big hands that I have lost. Grand theft property sounds like a pretty big deal to me, and you lost that hand since you were convicted. Careful you don't step in the BS around here guys. Something doesn't pass the smell test.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Stealing the item must not have been a big deal if it's not remembered (and/or indicative of a lack of shame/conscience?). Seems to me the theft of anything at all should be a big deal. Just my opinion.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    You are asking around aren't you....

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?p=153403

You can choose to believe me or not,truth is I dont recall the item that was stolen,it was thirty years ago.I have requested the records of the case.I will be more than happy to post the results.I suppose I could make up a fictional answer to your question but what good would that do? I have come clean here in the hopes of getting some experienced help.Thanks.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    You can choose to believe me or not very well,I don't believe you,truth is Truth is huh, that means you're really not going to lie this time right?I dont recall the item that was stolen,Like when I ask people if there are any drugs in a car and they say, "not that I know of"it was thirty years ago.I have requested the records of the case.I can even remember my first speeding ticket and how fast I was driving even after writing thousands for other people.I will be more than happy to post the results. Why bother, sounds like the you're going to run head first into a back ground check anyway.I suppose I could make up a fictional answer to your question but what good would that do? Wouldn't do any good unless you are really funny. I like to laugh. I have come clean here in the hopes of getting some experienced help.Thanks.Yeah my experience tells me you are full of it.

Hope this helps.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    H'mmm....

He don't remember what he stole.

Just making a wild stab from what he's listed... I bet I can guess.

I bet it was bigger than a breadbox... and had wheels. Like 4 of them.

And, for what it's worth, I think the picture that these offenses paint is probably still accurate... You don't care much about obeying the law when it's inconvenient. (You did contracting without a license pretty recently, huh? And I bet there's more that you haven't fessed up to since you weren't caught.)

You guys are about as useful as teats on a boar.You actually create story lines where none exist.I had forgotten how cynical cops are,thanks for the refresher course.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I had forgotten how cynical cops are,thanks for the refresher course.

That memory must have been tucked away with the items you can't remember that landed you a Grand Theft conviction.

Maybe some time in the box will further help your memory. I feel we're making progress here. Off to the holding cell we go..........WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    And good day to you sir.

Open the hanger cause here comes the plane.....Yeaaaa!!!

Illiy is offline Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Hope this helps.
    HAHAHA damn...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Five-0 again.

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    You guys are about as useful as teats on a boar.You actually create story lines where none exist.I had forgotten how cynical cops are,thanks for the refresher course.
    The bullshit you just stated about not remembering what you had stolen to get a grand theft charge is the biggest load of bullshit I have heard here in a while. You want cynical? Go fuck yourself you Goddamned thief. How's that for cynical? That line of shit is just as bad as the crackhead telling me that the crack I just found in his front pocket was not his because it was his friend's pants. What a nimrod. You should have another grand theft charge for all that oxygen you are regularly stealing. Here's some neg rep for your trouble, now go find someplace else to go.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiy View Post
    HAHAHA damn...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Five-0 again.
    Done! I liked it also.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Illiy is offline Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by ex401mp View Post
    Done! I liked it also.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ex401mp View Post
    The bullshit you just stated about not remembering what you had stolen to get a grand theft charge is the biggest load of bullshit I have heard here in a while. You want cynical? Go fuck yourself you Goddamned thief. How's that for cynical? That line of shit is just as bad as the crackhead telling me that the crack I just found in his front pocket was not his because it was his friend's pants. What a nimrod. You should have another grand theft charge for all that oxygen you are regularly stealing. Here's some neg rep for your trouble, now go find someplace else to go.
    Where id like to go is upside your head,you crackhead dick sucking loser.Typical tough guy shit.Probably couldnt bench press 100lbs on your best day.Fuckin' puke.I do have to thank you all for inspiring me though,due to your biased,cynical attitudes I WILL succeed.Out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information