Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 66

Thread: Crime

  1. #21
    Jks9199 is online now The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    04-16-06
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    4,126
    Rep Power
    6583115
    So... What's your question this time? I still don't see one. I see observations, I see rambling commentary and explication... but no question!
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

    TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

    "Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

    All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

  2. #22
    rdonovan1 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    11-18-10
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm trying to get some ideas as to some of the ways that you might handle some of the situations that I've encountered because I'm looking for ways to not only prove my legal cases, but to also defend myself.

    None of that is going to happen though if you've got the weak demeanor of the meek black girl from the Movie Police Academy.

    I've learned from both personal study and from experience that the only way that a person can really get ahead is to think positive and to maintain an authoritative demeanor.

    It's kind of like what my level three security instructor was talking about. When I was training with them we were taught to not hesitate to tell someone to lay down on the ground or to cease and desist from doing something that they weren't supposed to do.

    None of this should be very hard to figure out at all because it's all basic common sense.

  3. #23
    cajunguy's Avatar
    cajunguy is online now I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    12-03-05
    Location
    South La.
    Posts
    1,938
    Rep Power
    2627362
    Quote Originally Posted by rdonovan1 View Post
    None of this should be very hard to figure out at all because it's all basic common sense.
    Basic common sense to me would make this one a PRIME candidate for the Holding Cell.

    But then, what do I know? I'm just a silly old Po-Po.


    .
    The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"
    .

  4. #24
    Five-0's Avatar
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    05-15-06
    Posts
    10,982
    Rep Power
    8357019
    Could you give us break down on the different levels of security instructors? All the way from new first day instructor to Godzilla in God Mode level. Thanks.

    Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

    The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

  5. #25
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar
    Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-16-06
    Location
    America, 2505 A.D.
    Posts
    2,840
    Rep Power
    3732207
    Quote Originally Posted by rdonovan1 View Post
    I'm trying to improve my own personal security both online and offline while at the same time desiring to start my own businesses.
    Ok...I'll indulge you for a moment. I don't mean to sound glib, but one way to improve your security online is to stop trying to meet strange broads on the internet. Also, if you're trying to start your own business, don't solicit of accept investments from people you don't know. There are always strangers trying to make a buck off of the unsuspecting. You should probably start being more suspicious of people that you don't know. Especially strange women who ask for money.

    Out of curiosity, what kind of business are you trying to start up? Beware: if you say that it's an escort service, be prepared for everyone to laugh at you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

  6. #26
    berserk is offline The reason they do psych evals
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    11-24-08
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    749
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    603397
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    edited: for those who have never heard of The Mall Ninja, here ya go: Shrine of the Mall Ninja LonelyMachines
    Holy hell, that was funny!

  7. #27
    berserk is offline The reason they do psych evals
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    11-24-08
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    749
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    603397
    The first rule of level three security is don't talk about level three security.

  8. #28
    rdonovan1 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    11-18-10
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    You're right and I am being a lot more suspicious. I'm also trying to think tactically as well by as much as possible without making myself look or sound paranoid.

    Several years ago I came up with the idea's getting into both the Import/Export business and real estate investing and I've tried to do a lot of studying relating to those topics, but because of something one business guru said I realized that I would have to come up with something else.

    Because of that I eventually got interested in the idea of selling on eBay and in creating both eBay stores and my own e-commerce websites and I've tried to do a lot of studying relating to those types of subjects. I've also been introduced to things like Google's AdSense program and Search Engine Optimization and because of stuff like that as well as my studies of things like NLP and psychology I've become very attuned to what are known as keywords.

    A couple of books that I've read and am currently reading by Dr. David Lieberman discuss the importance of paying attention to verbal keywords and so does a video that I purchased several years ago called 'Do you see what I'm saying'. That video was published by a former law enforcement officer and a lot of it tends to relate to body language and as to how the body will often tell you if a person is lying or not if it's a face to face encounter.

    That works on when the encounter is face to face, but it doesn't work on the Internet at all because on the internet anyone can be anything that they want and can say anything that they want.

    I've also studied the martial arts in the past and because of the martial arts I know that body language can and often does play a huge role in determining what your opponent is going to do next.

    I only mention the level 3 training because whether I like it or not I am going to have to buy myself a gun so that I can maintain my level 3 certification with the state. The last time that I shot at the range I scored an 85 and an 86 with a 38 special. That's not bad, but I know that I can do better than that and I expect myself to do so as well, but as we all know guns aren't cheap and the only way that anyone can get good at anything is through constant practice.

    Because of what's been going on with Paypal and the unfounded accusations that they've made which are nothing more than unfounded assumptions I've been having a lot of financial problems.

  9. #29
    rdonovan1 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    11-18-10
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    One thing that needs to be taken into consideration with all of this is that I currently live in a bad neighborhood and it's often visited by the Albuquerque Police Department and on several occasions they've had serious problems in my neighborhood.

    One such problem they had in my neighborhood occurred last year. A guy in another building shot someone and was running around with a gun. When the APD caught up with the guy they ordered him to drop his weapon. He refused their orders and they ultimately had to shoot the guy.

    There's also been a case in which a woman killed a man on the third floor of the building that I live in, but across the courtyard. According to her the guy made sexual advances on her. She later admitted to police that she did have emotional and psychological problems and that she was using both drugs and alcohol.

    That's pretty scary to think about if you're a guy because if a woman can do that to a man, then she's capable of anything.

    Another incident that occurred last year involved a man that I caught in my car trying to steal my car. If he had been a smart thief and hadn't of been honking the horn while he was doing it, then he might have actually gotten away with it, but apparently he wasn't that smart because I caught him in the car.

    I yelled at him, but that was all that I could really do at that time because I didn't have anything that I could use to either protect myself, detain him, or even try to mark him with. The police came and took down the information that I was able to give them about the guy and they did look for him, but they couldn't find him. Maybe next time I'll have something like a paintball gun that I can use to mark him with.

    That sure as hell would make the job of the officer a lot easier because unless the guy just came from a paintball fight with his buddies and he can prove it I somehow doubt that an officer is going to believe him especially after just receiving a report of an attempted auto theft.

    Since that incident and because of my desire to protect myself I've purchased police grade mace, an expandable baton and some handcuffs. I'm still lacking a gun or something like a taser.

    The thief caused a lot of damage to my car and at the moment I'm currently working on trying to get it and two computers fixed, but at the moment it's tough going because of the economy and what I'm currently making with the employer that I'm currently working for.

    That guy along with an incident that happened a year prior to that in which someone broke all the glass on my car and slashed my tires has created a lot of financial stress on me above and beyond what I had before that occurred.

  10. #30
    MacLean's Avatar
    MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    09-05-07
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    11,803
    Rep Power
    4604044
    Well, he found his period key.

    I still don't see a question from you, but I have one.

    WTF are you going to do with handcuffs?
    I'm your huckleberry...

    Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

    You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.


    I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...



  11. #31
    MacLean's Avatar
    MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    09-05-07
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    11,803
    Rep Power
    4604044
    Moved to the appropriate forum.
    I'm your huckleberry...

    Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

    You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.


    I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...



  12. #32
    rdonovan1 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    11-18-10
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm seeking advice because the issue with Paypal is very sensitive and at the moment I don't see as to how they can make any of the claims that they are making because most people are not law enforcement and do not have access to the kinds of resources that they are trying to allude to.

    The company is trying to play the blame game and it's very irritating to say the least.

    If there's anyone out there that can help me to prove Paypal wrong, then that would be even better. I've been doing what I can to show that they are legally wrong, but in order for me to win the case I'm going to have to have clear, concrete evidence proving that they are wrong.

    I'm not perfect at all, but I am far from being as stupid as they seem to think that I am. I'm just you're average guy that's trying to do what he can to improve both his overall financial situation and his love life, but until the issues with Paypal are properly addressed and I take care of the security issues it's going to be very difficult, if not impossible to do.

    When it comes to things like lies and criminal behavior I'm like McGruff the crime dog because I won't back down. I'll stand my ground and do what I can to put liars, cheats, thieves and anyone else that chooses to lie, cheat, or steal out of business.

    In a Utopian society everyone would be honest all the time and would never lie, cheat or steal, but whether we like it or not that is just not very realistic at all and as we all know Law Enforcement is at war with crime and those who choose to commit crimes of any sort.

  13. #33
    MacLean's Avatar
    MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    09-05-07
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    11,803
    Rep Power
    4604044
    Well, good luck trying to improve your love life.

    My tip: Don't use the handcuffs for that. Or, uh - the mace.
    I'm your huckleberry...

    Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

    You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.


    I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...



  14. #34
    rdonovan1 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    11-18-10
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    Wouldn't it be easier for LEO's if average citizens could help detect and deter crime by as much as possible and detain those that do choose to violate the law when possible long enough for you to arrive and take them into custody?

    I'm not looking to create any kinds of problems, but I am looking to take a bite out of crime while at the same time doing what I can to make my life the best that it can possibly be.

  15. #35
    countybear's Avatar
    countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    01-18-07
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,512
    Rep Power
    4611628
    Quote Originally Posted by rdonovan1 View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier for LEO's if average citizens could help detect and deter crime by as much as possible...
    Yes.

    and detain those that do choose to violate the law when possible long enough for you to arrive and take them into custody?
    No.

    I'm not looking to create any kinds of problems, but I am looking to take a bite out of crime while at the same time doing what I can to make my life the best that it can possibly be.
    You'd do a better job with a notepad and a pen. Leave the apprehension to the police. If you confront the average thug as a concerned citizen, you're asking to have your skull cracked and your mace shoved where the sun don't shine. I'd rather work a theft with a good witness than a murder, anyday. Save the McRuff stuff for the lawdogs.

    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

    Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

    The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

  16. #36
    rdonovan1 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    11-18-10
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    Is there any kind of justice left in the world?

  17. #37
    countybear's Avatar
    countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    01-18-07
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,512
    Rep Power
    4611628
    Quote Originally Posted by rdonovan1 View Post
    Is there any kind of justice left in the world?
    Ask your friendly neighborhood Probation and Parole Officer...

    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

    Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

    The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

  18. #38
    rdonovan1 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    11-18-10
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't know any and it's probably a mute point anyhow since the criminals tend to have more rights than honest people.

  19. #39
    rdonovan1 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    11-18-10
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    It's pretty sad when the criminals tend to get treated like royalty and honest people get treated like common criminals.

  20. #40
    MacLean's Avatar
    MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    09-05-07
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    11,803
    Rep Power
    4604044
    Quote Originally Posted by rdonovan1 View Post
    Is there any kind of justice left in the world?
    Yes sir, there sure is.
    I'm your huckleberry...

    Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

    You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.


    I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...



 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •