Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    oh yeah? Bothers you? Find a new job. Two, never called you a liar. Read the statute. Never used the word verified. Which leads me to believe that yet again you are blowing yourself up to be more than what you are. Three,Relax, man. You are getting yourself very worked up only to get smacked. Four, I have worked security before. Not bashing you, but hey, it is security. Don't start acting all billy badass in here about having cuffs and being trained and licensed and verified. No one is all that impressed. You wanna chat and talk in the forums, cool. But don't try to impress people with what you do or how you are trained.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

FishTail Guest
    Now careful guys...this here security guard thinks some of us real LEOs are "unprofessional"

How will I sleep at night!

bigdog21 is offline Officer First Class
    I will explain the verified thing again the only reason i said verified licensed security officer is that is what the prerequisete was to taking the course being verified as a licensed security officer. I didnt mean the the statute said verified. You must have misunderstood. Also all i asked was how to get oc off of cuffs and answered a question of Chris's that was why i carried handcuffs and oc and my answer was im a security officer trained how to use them, So chill man ok?

Quote Originally Posted by LongTail
    Now careful guys...this here security guard thinks some of us real LEOs are "unprofessional"

How will I sleep at night!
    Hmm never heard of a fake leo have you ?

FishTail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog21
    Hmm never heard of a fake leo have you ?
    Yes I have. I've dealt with quite a few on here. All the ones with LEO tags on here are real LEOs. I find it funny that a security guard is calling real LEOs unprofessional.

Verified LEO
    Fake Leo? Isn't that security at the mall?

Haha possibly mall ninjas.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Isn't this arguement really over the fact that he defended a 3rd party and did a citizen's arrest on the attacker?

If Florida is anything like Texas, it doesn't take an LEO to do that, legally speaking - Any citizen can do it if they have the physical ability. Give him a medal for risking his life.
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 06-20-06 at 01:44 PM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

the only diff in texas and fl is texas citizens arrest is stautory florida"s is common law. Breach of peace or felony are the only two situations that a citizen can arrest(detain).

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    You are under arrest for asking how to wash pepper juice off of metal. Book 'em, Head Mod.

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    If you can't take the heat get out of th kitchen. I work security, as a police officer. I have never worked as one b4 the police department. Now, you know how most po's regard security guys right? So you come in here and get your panties in a bunch when it seems like you are trying to, like someone else said be billy bad ass. That is exactly why most coppers dislike security in the first place. If you cant take a few rib shots then u need to change proffessions.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie
    Isn't this arguement really over the fact that he defended a 3rd party and did a citizen's arrest on the attacker?

Not exactly. It's more about him as a member since he first joined. He's butted heads with several LEO's since he first joined. I get the impression he's the C/J student/security guard who thinks he knows just as much about law enforcement as actual LEO's. That is a major turn off to the LEO's here.

Maybe you should check his opinions on the topics in which he has posted. He generally only posts here when it is to stir things up with LEO's.

Here are a couple of posts he made:

Quote Originally Posted by BigDig21
    Holy crap a leo who thinks hes not better than a security officer because of the position he hold and hes sworn.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDog21
    i think you guys are mad because yiou think that by detaining a person . i am in essense doing you job.
    Im no ttrying to starta fight ITs just my opinion and im A first year cj student working toward a career in law enforcemnt and yes in some areas i do have similar knowledge of the law as you

So which is it?
    some times i have to for my safety or the safety of others perform a private arrest
    most citizens arrests are made by private security
    oh by the way we detain and you arrest.
    Last edited by Terminator; 06-20-06 at 03:13 PM.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    All I know is the grammar police would lock him away.

General Patten is offline Surgeon General
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian
    You are under arrest for asking how to wash pepper juice off of metal. Book 'em, Head Mod.
    ...but what if theyre the plastic-coated ASP cuffs...?

LOL... J/K... sorry, I just had to be a smartass...
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
    Lead is very hazardous to your health.
    Always include Kevlar in your daily diet.

"I always believe in being prepared, even when I'm dressed in white tie and tails."
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    I used to be a security guard. Something I did between the military and LEO. I was a supervisor for a small mom and pop security company until they screwed me over. Then I went on to be a mall ninja and then I did loss prevention (and that was fun- I could wear whatever i wanted and still chase people). So I'm not going to give the guy any unneccessary crap.

But I will say this, BigDog21, just let it go. There are cops out there who have a prejudiced opinion against SecGuards. Whether it's justified or not, it's still there. So stop trying to prove yourself- especially to a bunch of strangers who you will, in all liklihood, never meet.

And although you say your CJ student, here's something to ponder: If you detain someone for making a citizen's arrest, you are arresting them. That's how it works in Georgia anyway. I'll be damned if I'm going to arrest someone on your behalf, and you make a weak case in court. Then the guy turns around sues me for false arrest. It's just not going to happen.

We have a saying: You catch 'em, you clean 'em.
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    After washing them in soap and water, use dry graphite on them instead of oil. Oil attracts dirt.

Centurion you are absolutely right. i apoligize to the leos on the site for my actions. I just hate having people that challenge me. I will be more open minded to the info you guys give me when i post a question etc. I will try to keep my opinion under control.

katiemh Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog21
    I just hate having people that challenge me.

Are you serious? If that's the case then you might want to check your temper before getting into LE because EVERYONE is going to challenge you. A gun and a badge isn't going to make the people you deal with scared of you. The uniform doesn't cover your ass.... being able to deal with people in a calm, rational manner will. If you're having issues taking the heat in an internet forum, you might want to consider working on that flaw. Just a suggestion... for your safety and the safety of your co-workers.

Verified LEO
    That is good advice. I admit, I was hot tempered once, too. Even more so than now. But... I knew it was a problem and I found jobs that would help mellow me out. Security is no good for that. Katie is right, dude. You need to re-think some things a little deeper than a few postings.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information