Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Hi!

imdapopo is offline No, I don't speak Spanish and my name ain't mami!
    Verified LEO

Hi!

I'm stuck in the house tonight, getting snowed in and thought I'd take the opportunity to introduce myself. I joined LEF last Sunday. As you can tell from my screen name, I want to be a police officer. This past Tuesday I received my notification for orientation at the Philadelphia Police Department. I haven't been able to wipe the big grin off my face. I've really been waiting for this. I look forward to meeting all of you!

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Welcome to the site and good luck in your Interview. You have a long road ahead of you but its well worth it when you are out here joining the rest of your brothers/sisters in blue.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

uspopo is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Welcome to LEF and good luck!
    "In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where we can see them."

MountainCop Guest
    Welcome to LEF!

FishTail Guest
    Hello and good luck.

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    good luck, im from the philly area. before i got hired by my current dept out here in MD i applied to philly. they told me they would hire me but that i couldnt start the academy for one year. apparently you must be an actual resident of the city for at least one year leading into your time of employment. i grew up 6 miles outside of the city limit, so did not qualify for immediate employment. i was a delaware state corrections officer at the time. needless to say i wasnt giving up my job to move back to the city and deliver pizzas or something for a year while living in the hood, so i declined. things worked out better for me anyway. however, i do love the area, all my friends and family live back there. good luck to you. E A G L E S eagles!

kateykakes Guest
    M.,

Nice to see another from Philly here - and a familiar name!

You'll love it here just as much as the Dome.

And as I've already said last week, best of luck to you w/ the PPD.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Oh yeah watch the women around here they are a bit fiesty, but we wouldn't know what to do without them. You could almost say we are attached to them.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2001
    Oh yeah watch the women around here they are a bit fiesty, but we wouldn't know what to do without them. You could almost say we are attached to them.
    Per our TOS, all hot girls between 18 and 30, are reqiured to PM me!!!!

26Trainer is offline Master Officer
    Welcome to LEF wannabeone Hope all goes well with the interview!
    "This flag, which we honor and under which we serve, is the emblem of our unity, our power, our thought and purpose as a nation. It has no other character than that which we give it from generation to generation." Woodrow Wilson, 1917

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout
    good luck, im from the philly area. before i got hired by my current dept out here in MD i applied to philly. they told me they would hire me but that i couldnt start the academy for one year. apparently you must be an actual resident of the city for at least one year leading into your time of employment. i grew up 6 miles outside of the city limit, so did not qualify for immediate employment. i was a delaware state corrections officer at the time. needless to say i wasnt giving up my job to move back to the city and deliver pizzas or something for a year while living in the hood, so i declined. things worked out better for me anyway. however, i do love the area, all my friends and family live back there. good luck to you. E A G L E S eagles!
    tapout,
    Thanks for the good luck wishes. I tested for the PPD last August and was so disappointed when I heard and read the recent news that there will be no more cops hired. Just a lot of OT for those already on. When I got the notification for orientation at the academy, it gave me hope again. Before Philly, I tested for Bucks and Montgomery County Consortiums, Haverford, Pottstown and West Chester. I passed all, written and physical. Never heard back from any of them. It's nearly impossible to get in. There's about 300 to 400 people applying for 3 or 4 jobs. I'm not giving up though. It's great to read that all worked out for the better for you. I was born and raised in Germany, but call Philadelphia my home now. I love this city. However, not the city's football team. No Eagles love here, honey. Can you say "Go Pack Go"!? One more year, Brett, please!!

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by kateykakes
    M.,

Nice to see another from Philly here - and a familiar name!

You'll love it here just as much as the Dome.

And as I've already said last week, best of luck to you w/ the PPD.
    Hi Kate,

Thank you for the nice welcome here and for the well wishes. I appreciate it. Did I mention that it was through you that I found out about this site? How's the snow situation this morning in Upper Darby? Here in Fox Chase, I'm pretty much snowed in. This blows - literally. Once it stops, I'm gonna have to get my butt out there and shovel. Take care. 'Til next time,

MC

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2001
    That's awesome - I'll fit right in. For now, however, since I just joined, I'll be on my best behavior.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator
    Oh yeah, where is that stated? I must have not paid attention again. Hate when that happens.

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    My brother lives in Philly, I love to visit, great city!
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

Cris1102 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator
    wannabeone and don't worry about missing the above "rule", Term makes his rounds.

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    Weclome to LEF!!!! good luck on the interview!!! hope it goes well!!!!
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

lesta311 is offline Evil is my business.......
    Welcome and good luck! A word of advice when it comes to interviews, be yourself, always make eye contact and don't forget to smile. Also, If you think you're making an impression by not wearing pants, you're wrong. Trust me on this one.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by lesta311
    If you think you're making an impression by not wearing pants, you're wrong. Trust me on this one.
    Huh?

Thread Information