Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Any Texas LEOs

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO

Question Any Texas LEOs

I've been looking around on the Net at homes around Tyler-Whitehouse area. From what I see it seems like a nice area. I'm getting fed up with these Ohio winters and would love to get some place where its warmer.

Just like to have any information as far as Crime rates(areas to avoid), ease of retired LEOs to qualify locally under LEOSA, housing prices, hunting, fishing and any other goodies that someone can offer.

Signal_W Guest
    We have a few LEO's from Texas on here.

I'm TX-LEO would help you out

tx-leo is offline Troll Hunter
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by dadyswat
    I've been looking around on the Net at homes around Tyler-Whitehouse area. From what I see it seems like a nice area. I'm getting fed up with these Ohio winters and would love to get some place where its warmer.

Just like to have any information as far as Crime rates(areas to avoid), ease of retired LEOs to qualify locally under LEOSA, housing prices, hunting, fishing and any other goodies that someone can offer.
    I live in the San Antonio area. I grew up in Ny and CT, and moved down here for the same basic reasons you are. Lower taxes, crime, higher income, property etc...

Not familiar with that specific area, but as far as Austin goes, I think it's typical for a liberal city. Austin is very expensive to live in.

Taylor I'm going to guess is most likely a decent place to live. A friend of mine owns some land in Elgin area south of you about 40 min or so. I think his taxes are pretty low, however he lives in the county.

I would suggest google.com and you can probably get most of the Numbers you are lookin for. If you are not dead set on Taylor area, think further south. The property is less expensive and cost of living is also, plus it NEVER freezes down here, where Austin area generally DOES get a little snow and freezing rain! eeeek!!
    Last edited by tx-leo; 04-19-06 at 01:15 PM.
    "I'd rather hunt with VP Cheney than ride with Ted Kennedy ."

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little
    temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO

Still stuck in Ohio

I'm still here in Ohio. Just wondering about the Tyler-Whitehouse area. Its a little N/E of Dallas according to the maps, looks like about 100 miles.

tx-leo is offline Troll Hunter
    Verified LEO

OOPS!! My bad!! haha I mis-read it as TAYLOR,TX... I would still check Google, and look up statistic information however.

Since you are thinking about NORTH Texas, beware. While it is Texas, they get some NASTY snow storms!!

PM me
    Last edited by tx-leo; 04-19-06 at 01:38 PM.
    "I'd rather hunt with VP Cheney than ride with Ted Kennedy ."

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little
    temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin

26Trainer is offline Master Officer
    Welcome and come on down south and get warm for a while. You will think clearer once you warm up and have a cold beer in your hand. Then you may decide to stay once you start eating the food.
    "This flag, which we honor and under which we serve, is the emblem of our unity, our power, our thought and purpose as a nation. It has no other character than that which we give it from generation to generation." Woodrow Wilson, 1917

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Just go to Southern California, that is where I am going to retire.
    At least that is my dream.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

Thread Information