Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Beach Biker is offline Narcissistic Swinger

Hey from so. Cal.

I am a veteran of message boards, and was really glad to find a place with my own kind. Yes, I ride a bicycle at the beach. We are used to being poked fun at, but we are also a group with a long waiting list to join.

The thing most people have commented upon with my posting is my southern California attitude. Los Angeles is a national trend setter, anything new, we get it first. We are America's entertainment capitol with celebs and affluence. We also have some of our nation's worst slums. It has been said that out here we live about 15-20 years in the future compared with the rest of the nation.

We have also been called the land of fruits and nuts!

So, I try to gear my posting to the reality of the rest of the nation. Sometimes I slip - intentionally like now. For example my wife and I believe it makes no sense that anyone would ruin a perfectly good marriage due to outside sex.

When the time came for my wife and I to seriously discuss marriage, I said I did not want to give up my nights out (when she is out-of-town, she is a flight attendant), and I initially declined her proposal. You understand it is not as much the outside hookup as it is the freedom to hookup. Oh, hell, I am usually out with the guys at the Penguin beach bar in Venice after work and go straight home!

So, part of our marriage is nights out on our own if desired. Even some of the guys I work with struggle with our idea, (probably jealous). We are not swingers. That settled neither my wife nor I have been outside the relationship in years. I tell this now, because perhaps some here will have a problem with it. Well, I feel sorry for them. This is 21st century marriage where you write your own rules into a marriage contract that will work for a lifetime. Infidelity would not be grounds for a divorce for us.

So, things that may seem commnon place to me, may not be to you. Please feel free to call me on it. I believe sexual frustration has ruined many good marriages, if I can offer any ideas to help here, please let me know, but I am no expert, and my reality is not always easy.

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    Welcome from Oregon! Enjoy your stay!
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Welcome!

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Hello and welcome aboard from Louisiana.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Hello and welcome aboard from Louisiana.
    My wife and I had our honeymoon in New Orleans before Katrina. Wow, OH WOW!

I hear New Orleans has come back strong in spite of FEMA?

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Biker View Post
    My wife and I had our honeymoon in New Orleans before Katrina. Wow OH WOW!

Sounds like you may have had a good time. I was stationed in SoCal when I was in the military many moons ago ( Ronald Reagan was my Commander-in-Chief). Enjoyed most of my time there , accept for the eartquakes.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I hear New Orleans has come back strong in spite of FEMA?

Yeah , despite FEMA's best efforts the tourist areas of New Orleans are about back to pre-Katrina conditions.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Welcome from Ohio! Don't forget to get your information sent in for verification so that we can get you to the secure side of the site as well.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Welcome from Mississippi!
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Welcome from AL.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Hello and welcome!

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Welcome to OR BB. Nice intro. I dated a flight attendant once, oy vey!

What's for dinner?
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

iso607 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    Welcome from Louisiana.

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    howdy from crab bay
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    Welcome from Ohio! Don't forget to get your information sent in for verification so that we can get you to the secure side of the site as well.
    Did I miss something? I have not provided any information to OfficerResouce.com besides my details in my profile. Someone please let me know if there are further requirements to fulfill.

I am glad to be more a part of straight talk here. I have some questions I want to get around to in "Ask a cop" in time. Where I live and work. Santa Monica's affluent conservatives and liberals, are mainly white anglo saxon protestants requiring officers sensitive to our citizens. You do not treat a person like, (for example), Alan Alda the same way you treat a Vice-President of the Bank of America. Directly south of Santa Monica is Venice where I live because I can afford it, and it is close to work. It is a lot like living in Greenwich Village with carnies on the street every night!

In Santa Monica we have a beautiful four story American Youth Hostile. These young people come from powerful families around the planet which is why we have a police substation across the street. Problems with these young people can involve the U. S. State Department. One screw up can be all she wrote for a police officer. But, I do not think I need to tell you that. Every community has its outside influences.

I would imagine other communities do as we do with our homeless. Every homeless person eventually decides they want our climate, and to benefit from our welfare. The City Fathers of Santa Monica built a facility with dorm rooms. I myself go over a couple times a week (out of uniform) to fix gourmet hot dogs on the grill. Most homeless come to Santa Monica and we send them to an extremely devout evangelical shelter 15 miles inland. The homeless we keep are mainly military veterans who are down. They sleep in the dorms during the day, and sleep in Ocean Park or around town at night with a cell phone, (though most of them do not need it - they can take care of themselves). The City of Santa Monica believes that the homeless should be seen around affluence, perhaps because it is a wave of the future, but certainly because it is added security. People in Santa Monica are very concerned about "keeping it real," which can be difficult as we live in the Twilight Zone. Meanwhile, down in our Venice apartment my wife and I practically have to walk over meth freaks to get to our cars.

While the politics of police in our area is diverse, we all agree with constructive problem solving, and there are few disagreements. I would not want to be anywhere else.

Santa Monica Pier, the official beginning of the famous Route 66.
    Anyone can park all day in Santa Monica for $5.
    Santa Monica sees itself as an "open door," and downplays elitism.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Did I miss something? I have not provided any information to OfficerResouce.com besides my details in my profile. Someone please let me know if there are further requirements to fulfill.

Here ya go!

http://apbweb.com/forums/general-sit...eo-area-38288/

In order to maintain the integrity of Officer Resource and prevent impersonators from representing themselves as law enforcement officers, we require all members who meet our criteria for LEO verification to private message to Countybear, Lewisipso, MacLean, or Pudge, with the following information within seven days of registering:

Username -

Real name -

Department name -

City/State Department located -

Department contact number -

Personal contact and a good time to call -

Assignment or Division -

Direct supervisor -

Academy attended and year or class number -

If retired, a known, trusted contact still employed by department retired from -

If retired, approximate end date of service -

If Reserve or Auxilary, what nature of work is your full time employment (specific full time employer information not required) -

If R/A, did you attend a state or department run academy, and where? -

* You will be contacted via private message by the Site Staff Member assigned to your verification within 24 hours. Failure to respond to your initial private message, and failure to provide the information requested will result in the verification placed in an inactive status and will resume when contact or information is obtained.
    *The information provided is for O/R staff to verify not neccessarily for the staff to contact.

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    Here ya go!

http://apbweb.com/forums/general-sit...eo-area-38288/

In order to maintain the integrity of Officer Resource and prevent impersonators from representing themselves as law enforcement officers, we require all members who meet our criteria for LEO verification to private message to Countybear, Lewisipso, MacLean, or Pudge, with the following information within seven days of registering:

Username -

Real name -

Department name -

City/State Department located -

Department contact number -

Personal contact and a good time to call -

Assignment or Division -

Direct supervisor -

Academy attended and year or class number -

If retired, a known, trusted contact still employed by department retired from -

If retired, approximate end date of service -

If Reserve or Auxilary, what nature of work is your full time employment (specific full time employer information not required) -

If R/A, did you attend a state or department run academy, and where? -

* You will be contacted via private message by the Site Staff Member assigned to your verification within 24 hours. Failure to respond to your initial private message, and failure to provide the information requested will result in the verification placed in an inactive status and will resume when contact or information is obtained.
    *The information provided is for O/R staff to verify not neccessarily for the staff to contact.
    Per your request, PM sent to MacLean regarding this subject.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Per your request, PM sent to MacLean regarding this subject.

Thank ya, sir!

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Greetings from just up the 99 a ways. I'm near Modesto.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Welcome to the site and enjoy.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information