Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: New Guy

23753 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO

New Guy

I did 27 years with the LAPD and have been retired for three years. What caught my eye about this site was a member identifying themself as "Captain America". I knew a motor cop back in the day who had that title. Haven't talked in about 15 years. Any tips on contacting and finding out if its the same person?

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Send him a PM. He is already looking at this thread though. Did he look like this?

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/im...GHSKKylZWT3KwL

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    It's not. Sorry. I was homeported in San Diego during most of the 1980's when I was in the Navy. Made a couple of trips to L.A. to see the Dodgers play in Chavez Ravine. Bob Welch was the starting pitcher for the Dodgers , that's how long it's been since I was in L.A. Didn't go by motorcycle as I do not have a death wish.

Hello and welcome aboard from Louisiana , anyways.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Send him a PM. He is already looking at this thread though. Did he look like this?

Your just jealous.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.

23753 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    It's not. Sorry. I was homeported in San Diego during most of the 1980's when I was in the Navy. Made a couple of trips to L.A. to see the Dodgers play in Chavez Ravine. Bob Welch was the starting pitcher for the Dodgers , that's how long it's been since I was in L.A. Didn't go by motorcycle as I do not have a death wish.

Thanks. Yeah, I could never understand being out on the street on a motor either. He was a good cop though. Take care.

23753 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO

Nope. I sent him a reply. Thanks

abom334 is offline Every Meth Head's nightmare
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post

NAVY?! What was your rate?
    "Fear not the night. Fear that which walks the night. And *I* am that which walks the night. But only evil need fear me …and gentle souls sleep safe in their beds…because I walk the night".- Dave Grossman

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by abom334 View Post
    Petty Flagpole Sitter, First Class
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post

Hello and welcome from NJ, 23753!

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    PR1

Easy moose breath, I'm not responsible for the incident all those years ago that left you mentally anguished and walking funny.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    $10 a time unless he really liked you.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42 View Post

I do sense resentment on your part as you have been performing services as a matter of hobby. Well at least your doing it safely , Trojan Man.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Welcome!

IMGreat101 is online now The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42 View Post
    lol, secret service

Welcome to OR, 23753!

What's for dinner?
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

abom334 is offline Every Meth Head's nightmare
    Verified LEO
    LOL!! I spit sunflower seeds on the screen when I read this! hahaha

I was a SN until my discharge for asthma. Was going for MAA back when they required E-5 rank but didn't make it that far.
    "Fear not the night. Fear that which walks the night. And *I* am that which walks the night. But only evil need fear me …and gentle souls sleep safe in their beds…because I walk the night".- Dave Grossman

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Welcome aboard, 23753. As you can tell by the bantering, there are cops here; some retired like yourself and many still plugging away.

We find this little corner of the interweb a home of sorts. It is a place where we can kick back, share our opinions, war stories, or just enjoy the camaraderie of guys and gals who are on the job, (or were), and interact with those who support LE.

We have a solid, unobtrusive verification system which, once completed, allows access to secure areas of the site for current and retired LEO's. Gaining access to these areas only requires submission of required information to SuperMods lewisipso or maclean. Both are current veteran cops and all information is handled securely and is never shared or sold.

How to gain access to the Forums Verified LEO Area

Feel free to look around. Make sure you read the terms of service. Again, welcome.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

I was a SN until my discharge for asthma. Was going for MAA back when they required E-5 rank but didn't make it that far.

Semen huh ? Were you stationed at 32nd Street ?
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Thread Information