Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    IcyMist is offline Banned

New But May Not Stay

Hi everybody, it seems that most people here are members of law enforcement agencies.....I am not, so am not sure that I really belong on these forums. Not really sure what I was expecting and I guess I should have read some of the threads before joining. BUT and that is a BUT at least before I make a decision, I can at least tell you what I think of police officers.

Southwest47 is offline I have a member
    Hey Icy, I'm new here too, and from what I've seen so far, there are quite a few "civilians" on the forums. I think as long as you have a positive attitude towards law enforcement your more than welcome to stay. Thank you for your support of law enforcement!!
    If You Love Your Job, You Will Never Work A Day In Your Life...

Electra1978 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southwest47
    Hey Icy, I'm new here too, and from what I've seen so far, there are quite a few "civilians" on the forums. I think as long as you have a positive attitude towards law enforcement your more than welcome to stay. Thank you for your support of law enforcement!!
    Word to the wise: avoid the use of the "C" word around these parts.

.....and welcome all to LEF.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Welcome to LEF!!!! I think you'll enjoy it. We do have a fair share of non-law enforcement members.

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    Welcome, don't sweat your status. We welcome non cops more than some law enforcement boards. Enjoy yourself and have a good time. That's an order.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Quote Originally Posted by Electra1978
    Word to the wise: avoid the use of the "C" word around these parts.

.....and welcome all to LEF.
    My bad...I didnt think that it could be offensive to some.

Thank you for your welcome and does it count that at one time I was in the Navy? I won't say how far back that was, but was in for 4 years. I had extended to go to Greece on a ship in a pilot program. The ship was the first ship that had women onboard other than hospital corpmen and nurses. Sooo you could say that I wore the blue at one time.

Also my puppy Penny has aspirations to become a police dog. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I will show you her picture and you can tell me if she is police material or not.

Guess I really didn't introduce myself well. I live in Florida and I work for (please don't shoot) attorneys as a word processing operator. We do not handle criminal law in any way, shape or form, so my firm is not one of the ones that let out those that should be staying in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyMist
    Thank you for your welcome and does it count that at one time I was in the Navy? I won't say how far back that was, but was in for 4 years. I had extended to go to Greece on a ship in a pilot program. The ship was the first ship that had women onboard other than hospital corpmen and nurses. Sooo you could say that I wore the blue at one time.

Also my puppy Penny has aspirations to become a police dog. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I will show you her picture and you can tell me if she is police material or not.

Guess I really didn't introduce myself well. I live in Florida and I work for (please don't shoot) attorneys as a word processing operator. We do not handle criminal law in any way, shape or form, so my firm is not one of the ones that let out those that should be staying in jail.
    Hey IcyMist, I didn't mean any disrespect by calling you the "C" word. In my department we call all non-sworn the "C" word, not because sworn are better, but because thats how my department classifies it's employees. Im sorry if I offended you.

My only suggestion, is to change your dogs name to "50 cent." It will give her some street credibility.

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    Welcome. No big deal your not a cop, we got plenty around here.

And it could be worse, you could work for Disney instead of an attorney

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Southwest47
    Hey IcyMist, I didn't mean any disrespect by calling you the "C" word. In my department we call all non-sworn the "C" word, not because sworn are better, but because thats how my department classifies it's employees. Im sorry if I offended you.

My only suggestion, is to change your dogs name to "50 cent." It will give her some street credibility.

Same here. If your not sworn, your a civilian in my Department.

I get sworn at all the time.

PACMAN is offline Officer
    welcome Icy, even if a cop hater was on the baord we let him stay.....they're fun to laugh at....

Signal_W Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IcyMist
    I get sworn at all the time.

Welcome....

Go ahead and stick around you'll like it, and don't worry about the "C" word, its an inside joke.

If the worse thing that I have been called is the "C" word, then I am doing good. I was NOT offended.

Ken K is offline Banned
    Welcome to the site. We've got some highly respected non-LEO's here, although just who they are escapes me at the moment!

Whew, that makes me feel better. I don't want to get arrested, handcuffed and taken to jail for being the only "C".

Whitewolf is offline Hard Of Hearing Non-LEO
    You will enjoy staying here because this forum is addiction. Believe me, I'm hooked up to this forum.
    I SEE NEKKED PEOPLE! AIN'T SKEERED!!!!!

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Southwest use the "C" word all that you like. There is an inside joke with a few of us and Norm on here about that word. Hince his tag in Green. Either way you ICY are more than welcome to stay here cop or not. You will notice that yes there are a lot of cops both federal and local. But we also have a lot of Civilians on this board. Believe it or not we actually enjoy this site do to the civilians that we have on the board.

Welcome and please stay a while.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Dont Ust The Fucking C Word! :d

mxwelch is offline Kalashnikitty
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm357
    Dont Ust The Fucking C Word! :d
    Why not? You're a verified "C"!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information