Flower Mound, TX: Police Officer, Dispatcher
I didn't realize this was still posted till a couple of days ago... New improved salary! :D
All applicants who are applying for Police Department positions must submit an application and Personal History Statement. No on-line applications will be accepted for this Department’s positions. Applications returned to Human Resources will not be considered if the Personal History Statement is not returned along with the application. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday at 972.874.6011.
EDIT: INFORMATION UPDATE AS OF 1/23/07... the announcement has been admended to add Recruits and Test Date:
POLICE OFFICER/POLICE OFFICER RECRUIT
Announcement Number: 2006-0066
The Town of Flower Mound is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer and Police Officer Recruit. The minimum starting salary for a Police Officer is $3,845 monthly and for a Police Officer Recruit is $3,697 monthly, both with a full complement of benefits. Officers are also eligible for up to $150 per month for Education/Certification pay after successful completion of eligible programs. Salary progression is based upon an annual performance review. Applicants possessing a current TCLEOSE Peace Officer’s License preferred.
Test Date: Saturday, April 14, 2007
Test Site: To Be Announced
Test Check In: 8:00 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. Test begins promptly at 8:30 a.m.
For Police Officer Recruit;
1. Be at least 21 years of age at the time of licensing and;
2. Possess a High School Diploma or GED and 45 college credit hours with a GPA of 2.0 or higher or;
3. Prior active-duty U.S. Armed Forces Military experience with a discharge of not less than under Honorable conditions or a current member of the U.S. Armed Forces Military Reserve or National Guard combined with active-duty Military experience.
4. Meet the Town of Flower Mound’s driving requirements.
5. Have a valid Texas driver’s license upon hire.
6. Be able to distinguish between red, green, and yellow.
7. Be able to identify license plate numbers of automobiles at six car lengths while traveling. This requires vision correctable to 20/20 binocular.
8. Not on probation for any criminal offense.
9. Be able to pass a background investigation, a post-offer polygraph, psychological test and drug screen.
POLICE SUPPORT SERVICES
Announcement Number: 2006-0072
Receives and dispatches requests for Police, Fire, and Animal Control emergency and non-emergency services. Also provides Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) services. A High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required. Six months or more of municipal Police, Fire, and 9-1-1 enhanced dispatching experience is preferred. Telecommunications Certification, as issued by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officers Standards and Education (TCLEOSE), is preferred. Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and driving record must be in compliance with Town policy. Must train, test, and certify as an Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD) per Priority Dispatch standards. Must work flexible hours to include all shifts; nights, weekends, and holidays, and accept on-call duty status.
Application Information: Online
applications are not accepted for this position. Applicants are required to complete a Personal History Statement as well as an application. Testing Requirements: Must submit to and pass a post-offer, non-regulated drug test, psychological evaluation and polygraph test. Minimum Starting Salary: $2,728/month (dependent on qualifications). Closing Date: Open until filled.