Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!

US Park Police - $42,086

MountainCop Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisGlock40
    DC rate is $43,691 (2006) - is that on the LEO rate or just GS with locality?

And they don't tell you that you can't carry over your comp time from one year to the next...

(non-LEO Fed here - LEO in my other job)

3 years, 10 months, 13 days, 5 hours, 33 minutes and 2 seconds until retirement MRA and 20 years service, but who's counting??

Welpe is offline Wannabe NFL Ref
    The job doesn't sound too bad except I wouldn't want to work in any of the locations. D'oh.
    "To the German commander: 'Nuts!' The American Commander" - General Tony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne Division

Bearcat06 Guest
    I have rode with DC Law a couple of times and that job is a kick ass job.....

More of a Federal Highway patrol because they really don't take calls for service per say.....and are allowed to roam a lot. We did speed/DUI enforcement on the parkways around DC.....and patroled the areas around the momuments....

Too bad my ass is over 37.....

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Ehhh, me personally, if I wanted to not answer calls, stop cars all night, and get paid good money, I'd go State Police/Highway Patrol. I'm sure the Park Police is a good job, especially for the guys winding down in their careers.

MountainCop Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat06
    I have rode with DC Law a couple of times and that job is a kick ass job.....

More of a Federal Highway patrol because they really don't take calls for service per say.....and are allowed to roam a lot. We did speed/DUI enforcement on the parkways around DC.....and patroled the areas around the momuments....

Too bad my ass is over 37.....
    Yeah, that 37 limit is a bummer (of course, they can waive that whenever they want to...).

Is DC Law with FPS? They're more into patrol, at least here in Denver. Some of their upper ranks here are mad that POST won't give them Colorado Peace Officer status (even though one Denver court honored their status, the rest of the state does not). The guys who actually do the work don't care - and they are really great.

Bearcat06 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainCop
    Is DC Law with FPS?
    No....He is with USPP....which falls under (as stated about) The Dept. of Interior.....

As I said, I have rode with him a couple times and it's a pretty good gig in the DC area. They patrol a lot of the DC area including MD/VA sides. They seem to have a lot of discreation on where they can patrol and what they do........

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I agree with Bear on this...let's not forget that USPP is also somewhat plugged into the federal pipeline. That's a big perk in and of itself. I think DC flies armed if he so wishes.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Thread Information