Welcome to the APBWeb.
    tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO

bcopd, look into it

http://www.co.ba.md.us/Agencies/police/index.html

we just finished contract negotiations again, and it looks like we got a pretty decent pay bump. im not sure of all the particulars, but new officers after completion of the academy are projected to make about 47K-48K a year base. the web site is not updated, but its provided above. check it out. its a great department to work for. anyone wanting more info can pm me.
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    That's pretty good pay!
    This message was brought to you by Tampons. We
    aren't the best thing in the world but we are right up
    there next to it.

To them its always 'scary and aggressive' driving. To us its at times a matter of life and death." -LawnMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYie3bB3OU

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
    That's pretty good pay!
    Damn near what the feds make.

"Stupid should hurt."

Verified LEO
    That's pretty good pay!
    i believe its the highest paid dept in md right now...at least until everyone else renegotiates their contracts to keep up.
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

We just got a pay increase to 49k starting.

I believe BCPD is the highest in Maryland but beware of the cost of living!
    Last edited by Iron Man; 03-25-07 at 11:06 PM.
    there next to it.

To them its always 'scary and aggressive' driving. To us its at times a matter of life and death." -LawnMM

Verified LEO
    We just got a pay increase to 49k starting.

I believe that is the highest in Maryland but beware of the cost of living!

ok ok big shot...lol...couldnt let me have my moment of glory. ok, highest paid county department then. oh, and we make more than the city...for now

and the cost of living in md is an outrage. i paid $240,000 for a town house, 2 years ago...its a pretty sweet townhouse, but jeez

Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    ok ok big shot...lol...couldnt let me have my moment of glory. ok, highest paid county department then. oh, and we make more than the city...for now

and the cost of living in md is an outrage. i paid $240,000 for a town house, 2 years ago...its a pretty sweet townhouse, but jeez
    I'd say that's a good compliment. We are the highest paid uniformed Federal Agency. For many MANY years none of the counties came even close! Which is why I am where I am.

That better be pretty sweet for 240k!!
    there next to it.

Verified LEO

That better be pretty sweet for 240k!!
    its nice, but im already bored of it...looking for bigger and better

whats infuriating is when i get flyers from real estate agents in pa, particularly york county, where i see large houses just constructed with 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths, and a finished basement, sitting on an acre going for the same amount. if i could bear the approximate hour long commute, id make it happen.
    Last edited by tapout; 03-25-07 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    whats infuriating is when i get flyers from real estate agents in pa, particularly york county, where i see large houses just constructed with 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths, and a finished basement, sitting on an acre going for the same amount. if i could bear the approximate hour long commute, id make it happen.
    This comes from a person who drives about 115min to work everyday. The money is great for me, but the commute WEARS on you. After a rough shift, all you want to do is go home and relax, you don't feel like waiting another hour just to get home.

when I was working 12s, that makes for a LONG day.

Its really not worth it in all honesty but It's not an option for me to move closer.
    there next to it.

Thread Information