Welcome to the APBWeb.
    dj9579 is offline Rookie

hwy patrol lateral to out west

Hey folks,
    I've been POST certified now in the Richmond area for around 2 years now and am interested in doing a lateral to a SP/hwy patrol somewhere out west. Anyone have any good OR bad experiences OR helpful knowledge about UT, NV, AZ, NM, WY or MT state police agencies? I'm trying to factor in cost of living, retirement benefits, and (if possible) trooper job satisfaction into my equation. Also, things like MDT's and equipment are huge to me. I'm with a frugal dept right now. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by dj9579; 09-11-07 at 03:01 AM. Reason: I left a few minor details out

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    I know AZ Deptment of Public Safety(their HWY Patrol) takes laterals from out of state. I don't know about the other states you listed.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Shoot a post in the introduction thread and let everyone know who you are. That may help with some responses. Also PM Conalabu with your information so you can get verified.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Most State Police/Highway Patrol organizations do not accept lateral officers. AZ is one that does. Here is a website that gives you information on all SP/HP :

http://www.statetroopersdirectory.com/#CA

Good luck!
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Thread Information