POLICE OFFICER: Lewisville, TX
POLICE OFFICERAnnual Salary: $49,832 increasing to $51,809 after completion of the field-training program increasing through a step pay plan to $60,538. In addition, the City provides a full complement of benefits. Officers are also eligible for up to $150/month for education/certification pay after successful completion of the training program and $50/month Spanish bilingual pay. If you were referred to the City of Lewisville by a current City of Lewisville employee, you may name that employee on the application under Recruitment source and that employee will receive an incentive if you are hired by the City of Lewisville.
Closing Date: November 16, 2007
Announcement #: FY0607-83
INFORMATION regarding the written test and physical ability test please click here.
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of the written entrance examination
- Must be a US Citizen
- Be a high school graduate or have obtained a GED with 12 hours of college with a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 GPA scale or 2 years of active duty military service with an honorable discharge.
- Be fingerprinted and subjected to a search of records to disclose a criminal record
- Driving record in compliance with City of Lewisville Driving Policy
- Vision correctable to 20/20 binocular
- Ability to distinguish between red, green, and yellow
- Must pass Written Exam – Study guides are available for purchase at www.bannonandassociates.com for $9.50. You will NOT be notified to come to a test. It is your responsibility to come to one of the scheduled tests listed below. Please apply on-line.
***An application MUST be submitted to Human Resources prior to testing.
September 21, 2007
October 26, 2007
November 16, 2007
Test Address:Hilton Garden Inn
785 SH 121
Lewisville, Texas 75067
If you are coming from out of town here is the Room Rate
for City of Lewisville Police Applicants - $109
Test Check-In:8:00 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. UNo one will be admitted after 8:15U a.m. --Test begins promptly at 8:30 a.m.
- Successfully pass a validated physical ability test.
- Successfully pass a Video-based assessment (B-PAD)
- Successfully pass a background investigation (See background check for more information)
- Successfully pass a post-offer physical, psychological, and drug test.
LEWISVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT BACKGROUND CHECK
CAUSES FOR TEMPORARY REJECTION1. Unable to meet TCLEOSE licensing/certification requirements
LENGTH OF DISQUALIFICATION
Until corrected2. Unable to effectively read, write or communicate in English
Until corrected3. Unable to meet minimum qualifications
Until corrected4. Unable to physically/mentally perform necessary functions of position, unless a reasonable accommodation can be made.
Temporary or Permanent5. Failure to pay contractual debts (Factors will be considered)
Resolution may requalify6. Conviction, pleading to or admitting to Class B misdemeanor (except for admission to possession/use of marijuana which is 5 years)
10 years from date of occurrence7. Failure to complete/satisfactorily meet employment process req.
1 year from date of occurrence8. Unsatisfactory score on the written exam, B-PAD or oral interview
1 year from testing date9. Unsafe driving record as defined by City policy
(a) More than 3 vehicle accidents on DPS record in the past 3 yrs
(b) More than 3 vehicle traffic convictions (separate incidents) in the past 3 yrs
Until within policy guidelines10. Unstable work history including short terms of employment over the candidates’ employment history.
CAUSES FOR PERMANENT REJECTION1. Unable to physically/mentally perform necessary functions of position for which a reasonable accommodation is not available2. Conviction, pleading to, or admitting to conduct which would constitute a felony (this includes usage or possession of narcotics such as cocaine or speed)3. False statements, intentionally withholding information, practiced or attempting to practice any deception or fraud in the application, examination or appointment processes.4. Conviction of any one of the following driving offenses:
(a) Criminally Negligent Homicide
(b) Aggravated assault (involving a motor vehicle)
(c) Intoxication Manslaughter
(d) Failure to give information and render aid; or
(e) Using a motor vehicle for commission of a felony
(f) Conviction of a DWI or DUI5. History of employment in an illegal occupation6. Conviction, pleading to or admitting to Class A misdemeanor
City of Lewisville
Human Resources Department
151 W. Church St./P.O. Box 299002
Lewisville, TX 75029-9002
Job Line: (972) 219-5000 Code 1346
TTY Job Line: (972) 219-3448
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER