Welcome to the APBWeb.
    gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO

Airport Police - Minneapolis/St. Paul

Job posted today.

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mac...FwddxPacket%3E

I've heard reports that we're authorized to hire 4 this year. Not sure how many they want in this posting.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Jim1348 is online now Rookie
    Verified LEO
    What can you tell me about the guys that are retired and hire on part time at MAC? I flew out of Humphrey a couple of weeks ago and I ran into a guy that retired from IGHPD. He told me that until now the guys were somehow exempt from the PERA cap on earnings without being penalized. I am less than three years away from being eligible for early retirement, but still it is nice to know now what is available. I would be interested in doing somethingafter retirement, but I don't want to be penalized by PERA is I make too much money.

Verified LEO
    The part-time guys are only allowed to work a maximum of 1040 hours during the year. I think the PERA cap came into effect in the past year or so. I'm not too knowledgeable about the PERA stuff (since I have a long way to go until retirement), but I could try to pick their brains next time I talk to one of them. Their current pay rate is somewhere north of $26/hr and they work 4 on / 6 off (8 hour days).

The part-timers are funded by the TSA, so their duties are pretty much limited to hanging out near the checkpoints and responding to calls in their immediate area (contraband, weapons in the scanner, suspicious persons, irates, medicals, etc.). They do not patrol in squads.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Verified LEO
    The PERA cap is in effect again because the law that lifted it expired. How it was explained to me is that, with the PERA cap, after a part-time officer has earned $13,000 for the year, for every two dollars they earn after that, one dollar is placed into an interest-bearing account that is accessible after reaching age 65.

To get the cap lifted, someone would have to submit a bill in the state legislature and get it passed. It would stand a very good chance of getting reinstated.

Verified LEO
    Looks like they're taking 4 in this process. They want them off of FTO by the time the Republican National Convention rolls around in September.

jim dandy is offline Jim Dandy, Black Oak Arkansas
    Always guys available from Meeker County.

Thread Information