Results 1 to 1 of 1
06-20-08, 10:01 AM #1
Police Officer or Recruits - Flower Mound, TX - Ongoing Hiring Efforts
POLICE OFFICER/POLICE OFFICER RECRUIT
Announcement Number: 2008-0010
The Town of Flower Mound is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer and Police Officer Recruit. The minimum starting salary for a Police Officer is $4,015 monthly and for a Police Officer Recruit is $3,861 monthly, both with a full complement of benefits. Officers are also eligible for up to $150 per month for Education/Certification pay after successful completion of eligible programs.
Salary progression is based upon an annual performance review and subject to budgetary approval. The Town of Flower Mound is not a Civil Service employer. Applicants possessing a current TCLEOSE Peace Officer’s License preferred. Non-certified applicants that are hired will be sent to the next available regional police academy.
Applications must be received by Human Resources by Monday, June 23, 2008 @ 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, June 26, 2008 @ 8:00 a.m. at the Flower Mound Police Department. Check-In Time will be from 7:45 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
[NOTE - Watch this posting for future application and testing times, which occur periodically:
The written test, physical agility test, and the BPAD (time permitting) will all be administered on the test date. Applicants should be dressed in appropriate business attire for the written test and should bring a change of clothes that is appropriate for the physical agility test.
Written Examination which measures the ability to learn police information, observation and memory, verbal and reading comprehension, and situational judgment and problem solving (no study guide given).
Physical Agility Test consisting of a timed obstacle course (including: 2 six foot walls, balance beam and 170lb dummy drag). •
B-PAD Test where candidates view video-based simulations on a TV monitor and respond verbally. These responses are videotaped and scored based on people skills and common sense judgment.
Interview with Background Investigator
Medical Examination / Drug Screen
Please note that the order of these steps may vary according to departmental needs and schedules. Continuation to the next step is contingent on passing the previous step.
1. Be at least 21 years of age at the time of licensing,
2. Possess a High School Diploma or GED,
3. Possess a Basic Peace Officer License issued by TCLEOSE,
4. In lieu of a TCLEOSE certification, the applicant must have at least:
45 college credit hours with a 2.0 grade point average or higher on a 4.0 scale or;
Page 5 06/17/08
Have two years prior active duty U.S. Armed Forces Military experience with a
discharge of not less than under Honorable conditions, or a current member of the U.S.
Armed Forces Military Reserve or National Guard with two years of current service.
5. Have a valid state issued driver’s license. If hired, out of state applicants must obtain a Texas
driver’s license within 30 days of establishing residency,
6. Not have more than 2 chargeable accidents within the last three years, or any combination of
chargeable accidents and moving violations which equal four or more in the last three years,
7. No convictions of a Class B misdemeanor or greater under the Texas Penal Code or any
comparable state or federal law, to include the Uniform Code of Military Justice,
8. No convictions involving family violence,
9. No convictions of a Class C misdemeanor or comparable law within the last five (5) years
(excluding traffic violations),
10. Not on probation for any criminal offense,
11. Not have any criminal charges pending or under indictment for any
12. No illegal drug use within the last five years. Other drug use will be
considered on a case by case basis,
13. Be able to distinguish between red, green, and yellow,
14. Be able to identify license plate numbers of automobiles at six (6) car
lengths while traveling. This requires vision correctable to 20/20
15. Be able to pass all steps of the hiring process and meet all other
TCLEOSE minimum requirements.
COMMUNITY SERVICE OFFICER
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)