Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Dallas PD Offering $10,000 Signup Bonus - 400 Openings

Dallas PD is hiring 400 new officers
    Dallas Police Department

$10,000 signup bonus (I believe this is paid in two parts). All major equipment paid for, including service pistol.

Salaries
    Dallas Police Department

College Requirement WAIVED for 3 years military or prior police service.
    http://recruiting.dallaspolice.net/i...=8399&subnav=0

Recruiting Page
    Dallas Police Department

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Hrmmm.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

I like the physical fitness, 4 pushups in one minute. Lol.
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn2009 View Post
    I like the physical fitness, 4 pushups in one minute. Lol.
    Yeah, I never noticed that - I might could even pass that part

(\__/)

IMachU is offline First Class Private
    Verified LEO
    Heh...depending on what the cost of living is, maybe I should lateral out there. I only make $5900 a month now anyway, and that's in So Cal.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Just don't stop any professional football players on the way to the hospital.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

JSO85360 is offline Coming soon through a door near you!
    Verified LEO
    I don't appreciate the age discrimination. I can meet all the physical and time of service requirements, but I'm over 44. They think they're the Feds?
    The six o'clock rule
    I tell them to act according to the six o'clock rule, a phrase that causes most of them to say, "Huh?"
    I tell them to use this little test before they decide to do something. If they were to do what they're thinking about, and it became the lead story on the six o'clock news, would they be proud? Would their department be proud, and would their family be proud? It's a simple way to live your life both personally and professionally.

Bruce Thomason

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." Mark Twain

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Well, if I hurry up and go I can make the age requirement.

And the physical fitness portion...geesh...piece of cake (even injured).

Salary a bit low but depends on the cost of living. But do I really want to move to Texas where I dont know anyone and dont have family?
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by JSO85360 View Post
    I don't appreciate the age discrimination. I can meet all the physical and time of service requirements, but I'm over 44. They think they're the Feds?
    I know..I am too old for Fed jobs too.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolven View Post
    Seems like I'm too old for anything.....well, ALMOST anything
    The six o'clock rule
    I tell them to act according to the six o'clock rule, a phrase that causes most of them to say, "Huh?"
    I tell them to use this little test before they decide to do something. If they were to do what they're thinking about, and it became the lead story on the six o'clock news, would they be proud? Would their department be proud, and would their family be proud? It's a simple way to live your life both personally and professionally.

Bruce Thomason

I know, someone should sue them... I think they're civil service, but not sure if that's the reason. I think the REAL reason is that the Brass doesn't want anyone working for them who is more experienced than they are.

(\__/)

Quote Originally Posted by IMachU View Post
    Heh...depending on what the cost of living is, maybe I should lateral out there. I only make $5900 a month now anyway, and that's in So Cal.
    You can put in a city name here, then click "Cost of Living".
    Sperling's BestPlaces

Dallas is significantly lower, I'm sure mostly in housing costs and taxes - We have no state income tax, for one thing.

Cost of Living - California, Santa Clara County
    Our cost of living indices are based on a US average of 100. An amount below 100 means Santa Clara County, CA is cheaper than the US average. A cost of living index above 100 means Santa Clara County, CA is more expensive.

Overall, Santa Clara County, CA cost of living is 185.19.

Cost of Living - Texas, Dallas County
    Our cost of living indices are based on a US average of 100. An amount below 100 means Dallas County, TX is cheaper than the US average. A cost of living index above 100 means Dallas County, TX is more expensive.

Overall, Dallas County, TX cost of living is 88.33.

(\__/)

Big Al is offline There is no place like home....
    Verified LEO
    We are definitely discriminated against by age. I submitted my app and got denied,,, said I was too old

I am going to file a law suit All kidding aside,,, 44 seems low to me for an age cut off.
    To be a good Law Enforcement Officer you MUST know the law!

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    I know, someone should sue them... I think they're civil service, but not sure if that's the reason. I think the REAL reason is that the Brass doesn't want anyone working for them who is more experienced than they are.
    Heaven forbid they get a few people with experience. Why don't they just go hang out at the high school and recruit the football team.....send them to a six month academy and put them on the street. I feel safer already. OH, I forgot about the two years in college where they learn how to drink beer from a hose, and run around the dorm in their underwear trying to remember where they hid the bong...........
    The six o'clock rule

Bruce Thomason

Verified LEO
    This was in no means a insult to the youth in law enforcement today. We have some really great guys, and soon they will have the experience needed to become excellent leaders. But I've been on calls with an active shooter and a young officer in front of me looked around and made the comment, "try not to shoot me in the ass"....I told him not to worry, because if I wanted to shoot him in the ass, he'd get shot in the ass, and the only thing he would be able to do is scream "help me!, I've been shot in the ass!" I turned in my M16 to the USMC five years before he was born.
    The six o'clock rule

Bruce Thomason

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    I turned in my M16 to the USMC five years before he was born.
    OMG..this explains soooo much to me.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Seems like I'm too old for anything.....well, ALMOST anything
    I totally saw that coming...subtle like a freight train you are.

Verified LEO
    OMG..this explains soooo much to me.

oh, you mean this....

"THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS...is over 225 years of romping, stomping, death and destruction. The finest fighting machine the world has ever seen. We were born in a bomb crater, Our Mother was an M-16 & Our Father was the Devil. Each moment that I live is an additional threat upon your life. I am a rough looking, roving soldier of the sea. I am cocky, self-centered, overbearing, and do not know the meaning of fear, for I am fear itself."

yeah, I guess that brainwashing technique they used on Paris Island kind of stuck with me....
    The six o'clock rule

Bruce Thomason

Verified LEO
    [quote=Wolven;440558]I totally saw that coming...subtle like a freight train you are.

Hey, I represent that remark!
    The six o'clock rule

Bruce Thomason

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    oh, you mean this....

"THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS...is over 225 years of romping, stomping, death and destruction. The finest fighting machine the world has ever seen. We were born in a bomb crater, Our Mother was an M-16 & Our Father was the Devil. Each moment that I live is an additional threat upon your life. I am a rough looking, roving soldier of the sea. I am cocky, self-centered, overbearing, and do not know the meaning of fear, for I am fear itself."

yeah, I guess that brainwashing technique they used on Paris Island kind of stuck with me....
    yes, yes...that would be it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information