Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Aegis is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO

Police Officer-Danville KY

The Danville Police Department is starting a hiring process for at least one and possibly two police officer positions.

The application is available here City of Danville, KY - Official Website.

If the job doesn't show up on the listing the specifics are as follows:

Opened on 01/14/2010
    Apps due by 01/29/2010

contact dpeek@danvilleky.org for more details.

Starting pay is $26,082 as a recruit.

After you complete an 18 week basic training academy at the Department of Criminal Justice Training at Eastern Kentucky University you are eligible for a $3,100 certification incentive for a total starting yearly of $29,182.

The Danville Police Department provides full health benefits and dental for the employee and their immediate family members at no cost to the employee.

The department has a take home fleet program for officers living inside the Boyle County limits. Officers living outside Boyle county will have a specific cruiser issued to them, but will not be able to take it home.

Danville PD issues a vest, all uniforms and equipment, and provides a yearly $350.00 uniform allowance.

Officers are issued Glock model 22 and 27 handguns, Bushmaster .223 patrol rifles, an X26 TASER, and 12 ga. "less lethal" launcher.

The Danville Police Department falls under the KY CERS (County Employees Retirement System) "Hazardous Duty" retirement.

Contact me on these boards if you would like any further details.

Msblum01 is offline Rookie
    Thanks for all the informative information. I have applied and am scheduled for the PAT and Written test this Saturday at 10AM.

Do you know how many people are scheduled to test for the one or two positions? Have they decided how many they are going to hire? Also, are they going to be hiring a recruit for sure or are they thinking about hiring a lateral.

I am currently a probation/parole officer in KY. My Girlfriend was hired as a teacher in Franklin county so the proximity is perfect and would love to begin my career in this department.

Any further information would be great and thanks again!

Thread Information