Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Good luck!

JPMuscle is offline Rookie
    well managed to get a 3 day weekend this week so im going to go through and get all my stuff together and submit by monday. I still have to track down some contact info for some of my past landlords while I was at college. People have moved on so thats proving rather difficult.

real quick tho I noticed their is a percentage pay increase for proof of a bachelors degree, anybody know what the % is?

oh and thanks Jenna!

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Glad to hear this for you. I wish I were able to do it as well.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JPMuscle View Post
    well managed to get a 3 day weekend this week so im going to go through and get all my stuff together and submit by monday. I still have to track down some contact info for some of my past landlords while I was at college. People have moved on so thats proving rather difficult.

real quick tho I noticed their is a percentage pay increase for proof of a bachelors degree, anybody know what the % is?

oh and thanks Jenna!
    Make sure you check out PSEA | Providing protection and improving benefits for the Public Safety Employees of Alaska -read the current contract. Lots of good information about how you are treated, and why.

The bachelor degree increase is 1 step, or 3.75%. You will need your college transcript, and you have to submit it separately from the transcript you supply with your application. You apply for the increase after you are hired and start. Bring the transcript with you to the academy and when you get some free time, they will help you submit it.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Ah ic. Good info. I'll do some more reading.

It's definitely a great opportunity and given America's current economic climate there really aren't to many out there nowadays. So I'm treating this as one such opportunity. Does it fall in line with my long term career goals, admittedly no but I think it would lend itself to a a good foundation for federal employment. Ultimately, continuing the agent legacy in my family is something I want to achieve. It prompted my return to grad school since It became apparent a bachelor's degree just isn't sufficient anymore. I may pursue my doctorate as well, but I haven't decided yet.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Ah ic. Good info. I'll do some more reading.

It's definitely a great opportunity and given America's current economic climate there really aren't to many out there nowadays. So I'm treating this as one such opportunity. Does it fall in line with my long term career goals, admittedly no but I think it would lend itself to a a good foundation for federal employment. Ultimately, continuing the agent legacy in my family is something I want to achieve. It prompted my return to grad school since It became apparent a bachelor's degree just isn't sufficient anymore. I may pursue my doctorate as well, but I haven't decided yet.
    That was my plan as well. Until I found out where all the fun really is though.

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    That was my plan as well. Until I found out where all the fun really is though.
    2nd this opinion.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Bah... haha.

Time will tell I suppose.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Hey, I'm not knocking the excitement of throwing a press conference and taking credit for the cop's work. I'm sure that's thrilling, especially if your handcuffs are rusty.

Seriously though, you come here and fly an airplane to a domestic, and then ride a snowmachine looking for a lost hunter... The rest of that shit seems plain...

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    Hey, I'm not knocking the excitement of throwing a press conference and taking credit for the cop's work. I'm sure that's thrilling, especially if your handcuffs are rusty.

Seriously though, you come here and fly an airplane to a domestic, and then ride a snowmachine looking for a lost hunter... The rest of that shit seems plain...
    yea but its really really really.... cold

I digress, it would be a blast for a few years for sure. But I still want to make Quantico my second home away from home at some point lol

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    yea but its really really really.... cold

I digress, it would be a blast for a few years for sure. But I still want to make Quantico my second home away from home at some point lol
    You probably already know this, but don't tell anyone during your interview/application process that they are a stepping stone to another department or the feds. Nobody is going to want to spend time and money training you just to have you jump ship in a couple years. Good luck!

Well Apps submitted. Printed off the 41 page background document and that will get mailed out monday.

Xiphos im gonna shoot you a pm in the next day or so on a couple things im curious about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information