Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!

Police Officer- US Capitol Police

"Wear the badge. Feel the honor."

http://www.uscapitolpolice.gov/home.html

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask...

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Whats the drop-our rate at the 2 academies? Whats the fail rate for the FTO program?
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Quote Originally Posted by chris2001
    Whats the drop-our rate at the 2 academies? Whats the fail rate for the FTO program?

Well, being out of touch of that aspect I can't give you hard numbers. But I will say this. FLETC is not that hard as long as you put your work before your party time. The people that fail FLETC are usually due to one of three things: Booze, unable to qualify, and not studying (those that are non-medical). The staff at FLETC will bend over backwards and help you anyway they can to help you to pass. The instructors will work with you if you ask for help or if they see you have trouble with a certain subject. All you have to do is ask. There are some great people at FLETC and they give some great training.

So to answer your question about that, I would imagine it would be low. In my class only two of us did not make it (USCP). One because he slapped around his girlfriend in front of an off duty Baltimore cop. I don't recall why the other one did not make it.... I believe he left but I am not sure it has been some time ago.

USCP academy's failure rate is also pretty small. At this time you have already made it though 8 weeks of FLETC so you are pretty squared away. Generally if you fuck up, it is at FLETC. Again, those that don't make it have one on more of the 3 reasons I mentioned earlier.

FTO fail rate is kind of low. The department already has so much invested in you, they won't let you go unless you really fuck up or are late to work. Being late to work is the big killer here because there are a lot of people that are not used to being in the DC area (bad traffic) and will be late to work. I have seen the department wait until the LAST DAY of probation to let someone go because they were late to work like 4 or 5 times. Do your job and do it correctly and FTO is a non issue (common sense).

I can't give any hard numbers because I have not been involved with that aspect in 15 years. This is just what I hear and some things that I have seen.

Hope this helps. Any other questions ask.

Bearcat06 Guest
    Where area of town do you live in...? PM me if you don't feel like posing it.....

PM sent

Bearcat06 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisGlock40
    PM sent
    Sent and returned.....

Thread Information