Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Cochese is offline The Grand Royal
    Verified LEO
    That doesn't sound too favorable.

The Glendale website claims 4000 full time residents and 70k people during the day..

It can't be any worse than day shift at a university during the summer :-D

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    haha, well if you put it that way, it should be a downright good time!

Best bet is to check it out when you come out here next.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

CO_Cop is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Shotgun Willies is in Glendale..

Seriously, One of the guys going to my academy just quit Glendale after 3 years. He did not enjoy it there. I will talk to him on Monday and let you know what he says. Otherwise, good luck. If Collins is where you want to go, I would definitely go with the State until a position in the city PD opens up.

Let us know what happens

Pat
    "Regulators, we regulate any stealin' of his property and we're damn good too. But you can't be any geek off the street. You gotta be handy with the steel if you know what I mean, earn your keep, Regulators! Mount up!"

Verified LEO
    Hmmmmmmmm.

That is 2x bad things I've heard. I think 121 is right about maybe checking it out next time I come home. I guess I also need to consider filling out my CSP app again and getting it sent in to Ms. Snyder in Lakewood...

C'mooooooooon Greeley!

Verified LEO
    If you need any help with the State call Dawn Berry at the academy;
    303 273 1747. She is good people and I went to the academy with her. I think that they are still taking apps for the January class.

P.
    "Regulators, we regulate any stealin' of his property and we're damn good too. But you can't be any geek off the street. You gotta be handy with the steel if you know what I mean, earn your keep, Regulators! Mount up!"

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by CO_Cop
    If you need any help with the State call Dawn Berry at the academy;
    303 273 1747. She is good people and I went to the academy with her. I think that they are still taking apps for the January class.

P.
    Cool! Would she wonder how the heck I got her number, or is she a BI or recruiter in Golden?

Thanks Pat!

Verified LEO
    She won't wonder, I have her cell phone but the number I gave you is her office. She is the recruiter for the Metro area and yes she is Golden (Academy).

Pat

Verified LEO
    I found her on the website..

She happens to be the out of state recruiter too! I think I will be calling her soon. The more apps I have out, the quicker I get home..

Verified LEO
    Glendale called again. Sgt. advises I am on top of the list! I am interviewing 8/3/06. I checked out their website. Nice cars and it looks like they have bikes and motors.

Do y'all know what they carry? I'm just happy to be possibly coming home!

Verified LEO
    Cochese,

CONGRATULATIONS, I have the phone number of one of the guys Im going to the Academy with now, he just left there and says that they are hurting BAD, they are like 4 short out of 9. PM me and I will send you his number (he says its fine to call him) and hell give you the inside on the interview.

Pat

Verified LEO

bluescop is offline Officer First Class
    Two of our ex officers went to Colorado...one to Denver...kinda paid...the other to Aspen...CHA-CHING...paid!

Verified LEO
    I dont know about the CHA-CHING aspect of working for Aspen. Their laterals make 22.34 an hour with 5% after FTO. That might seem like a lot of money if you are in Alabama but the cost of living up there is lots more than what that pay can get you. Denver pays more to laterals than 22.34.

Pat

Verified LEO
    That's what I was thinking..

Greeley pays about 53 a year or about 27.xx an hour out of training with POST and experience. The cost of living in Weld county is a fraction of the mountain region..

YMMV

bluescop is offline Officer First Class
    the friend that went to Aspen is living with a couple of other cops in an apartment to save dough...smart....

Verified LEO
    Well..

Things are looking very good. Oral board yesterday. I was told they would contact me in a few weeks and let me know what my ranking was. There were present; a commander, 2 lt's, a patrol sgt and a det.

They told me to go ride out with an officer before I left, so I was paired up with a really cool guy and we hit the road.

20 minutes into the ride along, the commander nextel'd the officer I was riding with and told him to tell me to be back at the PD the next day (today) at 0900 for the chiefs interview.

Chief is a very cool, patrol cop's chief. Started on the street with the agency as a patrol officer and worked up to chief over 25 years. He concluded our interview by telling me that if I pass the poly/CVSA/background/psych, I am hired.

He told me I am tied for 1st/2nd place out of all of the candidates. I had my background portion after the chiefs interview and will be flying or driving back in a week or two for the rest.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Sweet man keep us all in the loop. Good to see people getting to departments that are more suited for them where they can be a lot happier.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Verified LEO
    I heard you were on top of the list. Congratulations..

Pat

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by CO_Cop
    I heard you were on top of the list. Congratulations..

Pat
    A little birdy tell you?

Make sure you tell him thanks for the info! I will call him when I get a written offer. I got two emails and a phone call from the BI today. They are really wanting to get me done with the poly, etc. May be as soon as 08/17!!

Verified LEO
    Thats what the birdie told me... So if you get this job.. you now its going to be a long drive to Fort Collins. Neverless, hope you get it at least to be in the same State with your wife. My buddy has a freebie apt in Glendale maybe he can hook you up there too.

Good Luck. P.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information