Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    GarcoDeputy is offline Officer First Class

Anyone want to move to Colorado!!!

Let me know and I can give you advice as far as location/ agencies.

I have alot of connections throughout the State. Of course I will be partial to where I work.
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."
    Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

chris2001 is offline Captain
    I have family there just would hate to go through the academy and FTO again. But who knows.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    I have family in CO too.......and one day, just one day we hope to end up in CO.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Cochese is offline The Grand Royal
    Verified LEO
    I will pay you if you can smuggle me back into CO.

The target: Ft. Collins area.
    (I'm in the process with GreeleyPD (19/54 on the Civil Service List)

I need to send in $50 for my provisional POST. Paperwork and prints are complete. I am poking along on a Windsor PD packet right now but don't think they have any spots open. I'm working on my benchpress to apply with Loveland again next hiring phase. Not enough credits to apply at Fort collins PD (I have 46 of the req. 60)

I am a State Police Officer in Texas at a large university since 2004. Moved to Texas in july of 04 and sent myself to the academy. Graduated 2nd in the class. I am a IPMBA bicycle officer, SFST certified, have an intermediate crime scene investigator cert and all around snuggly guy. I have already moved my soon to be wife (10/06) back to Fort Collins. Just waiting for a job near larimer county.

Help!

zpd307 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    i have been bugging my wife to move out west forever....... its a no go, too far away from her family. otherwise you'd be my new best friend ha ha!
    MANNNNN.... YOU MUST BE FAST, BECAUSE I WAS HAULIN ASS WHEN I PASSED YOU!

CO_Cop is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Cochese,

Did you take the COPS test?? Just wondering if you are putting papers for Windsor PD.

Good Luck

Pat

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by CO_Cop
    Cochese,

Did you take the COPS test?? Just wondering if you are putting papers for Windsor PD.

Good Luck

Pat
    My COPS scores were:

cognative: 93
    interpersonal: 81
    overall: 87

Not sure if windsor uses the overall or just the cog score. Apparently, I'm not a people person!

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Ft. Collins huh thats exactly where my aunt lives .
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Terminator is offline BANNED

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by chris2001
    Ft. Collins huh thats exactly where my aunt lives .

GOOD FOR HER!!!!

Verified LEO
    Want me to go say hi?

Is she hot?

Verified LEO
    Cool then, you should be ok. I would guess, all them departments up there use the COPS test. You might have to apply to the State and go to the Evans Troop. Ft Collins is hard to get.

Anything I can do, let me know.
    Good Luck

Pat

PS, I hate to bring it up, but Weld County is hiring Jail People too.

Verified LEO
    I have been thinking hard about CSP since my buddy just got hired by them. I have rode out with them a few times and have gone to the jobfair. I think I could handle being a trooper. Would have to to Evans or 3C in Larimer. I think they are still shipping folks off all over the state. I wonder if Weld is hiring patrol deputies?

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Cochese, check out Brighton PD. I have friends that are MORE than happy there, and I guess they are opening up a process for a couple spots.

PM me for more info!
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Verified LEO
    How far a drive do think Brighton is from FTC? Commutable, or would I have to move closer?

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Brighton is a ways east of I25 down Hwy7. It is just south of the Weld Cty line. I sometimes stop by their PD when coming back from visiting a "friend" in FTC, and it isn't that long a drive. 30-40 mins maybe from the Harmony Rd exit.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Verified LEO
    I could handle 30-40 minutes. Unless it was a really crappy snowstorm..

Oh, and "Friends" rule!

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cochese
    I could handle 30-40 minutes. Unless it was a really crappy snowstorm..

Oh, and "Friends" rule!
    It reall isn't bad, and I25 is plowed well. Hwy 7 on the other hand...

Bright side is there are TONS of other routes.

And a big AFFIRM on the "friends." Especially when they're hot cops who like to wear the uniform, er, off duty sometimes...just for the hell of it.

When you coming out again? I go back to graves on Monday night. I can't WAIT. We don't take riders on graves due to the types of calls, but active LEOs are the exception.

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    EDIT: Duplicate post.

gmcbodacious is offline bike officer

info

does the state take the TX peace officer lic. or do you have to be in another academy for the CO lic?

Verified LEO
    Last edited by CO_Cop; 06-26-06 at 01:36 PM.
    "Regulators, we regulate any stealin' of his property and we're damn good too. But you can't be any geek off the street. You gotta be handy with the steel if you know what I mean, earn your keep, Regulators! Mount up!"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information