Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Radar is offline We all bleed blue
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO

Advice/contacts appreciated

Wife is still pushing a move to a new town

The commander hasn't figured out exactly which one she wants to move to yet. She's had job offers from her company for any of these cities, and it's now up to where I can get a job, and where she can find a college that has the major she's wanting (music education), with a schedule that is workable with her schedule.

I'm not looking forward to moving from Memphis, I love what I do here, but as the wife points out, It's time to face it, It's time to get out of Dodge. The polictical agenda, media agenda, and our city's crime rate are all getting worse, department morale is horrible, and many officers are fleeing the sinking ship. I want to try and stick it out, in hopes that things will get better, but I think in reality the boss is right.

We're looking at moving to one of the following cities:

Maryville, TN
    Oak Ridge, TN
    Knoxville, TN
    Chattanooga, TN
    Tallahassee, FL
    Pensacola, FL
    Mobile, AL

Anyone have any advice? I would love to move to the gulf coast, but I'm not keen on the whole starting over from scratch at an academy again... I would consider a short academy time, a lateral class or something, but I'm weary of starting over. I've also been advised that i'm not allowed to go to a lock-in academy, although I'm sure I could change her mind if it's not too long, afterall, she knows I love this job and am only considering moving anywhere because I'm and I love her.
    Here Speeder, Speeder, Speeder

"Oderint dum metuant" - Caligula

"How come you only call me when someone's dead?"

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    If I remember right Florida has a three week academy for certified from out of state. I would take the gulf coast.

Thread Information