Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Deputy Joe is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO

5.11 tactical pants

http://www.511tactical.com/weartest/

This program has been designed to give individuals directly involved in public safety the opportunity to try out the 5.11 Tactical Series TDU Pant for free.*

The application process is open to the public, but only select individuals who are involved in public safety will be accepted as participants. We will ask for the name of your agency, your role within that agency, and the name of the appropriate decision maker within that agency. Individuals will be selected at the sole discretion of 5.11. We reserve the right to remove individuals from the program without notice.

PLEASE NOTE: We have received notification that it is against some agency policies to participate in programs such as this. Please make sure that you can participate in this program before submitting your request.

The 5.11 Tactical 2008 TDU Wear Test Program begins January 15th and expires April 15th or while supplies last.

Jim1348 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO

5.11 Taclite Pro Pant

I see that they now have a 5.11 Taclite Pro Pant. Has anybody tried these yet? It looks to me as if the only difference between these and the classic 5.11 is that this is now 65% polyester/35% cotton blend. I think the classic 5.11 is cotton. I assume that these will wear better and not fade as fast.

Deputy Joe is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    I have never tried any of these pants. Hopefully I get picked.

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    I have a couple pairs of the 5.11 TDU RIP STOP Pant.

I absolutly love them. Much more comfortable than your regular BDU pant.

The TDU offers the BBS Pockets with inside dividers, reinforced seat, adjustable waist, PRYM snap, YKK zipper, draw cords, and Double Layered Knees.
    They also include the rubber knee pads to insert for extra knee protection.(removable).
    Theres a total of 6 pockets, but if you include the BBS pocket "dividers" its a total of 10 pockets. (one pocket is actually 3 pockets on the leg)

They are 65% Poly, 35% cotton.

Also another cool feature, it has Dupont Teflon added to the material, so basically it repels water, and oil based spills.

When i purchased mine a few weeks ago, i also got a $10.00 off certificate in each pack of pants. So i saved $20.00 right off the start.
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

OffDuty is offline The Shotgun is Family.
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I tried to sign up but goit declined, however if you want to buy a set, here's a promo code for 20% off a set of the 5.11 pants:

Thank you for registering for the 2008 5.11 TDU Wear Test Program. The number of entries far exceeded our expectations and unfortunately you were not chosen to participate in this wear test at this time.

All of us at 5.11 Tactical appreciate your interest in our products and hope we can assist you in the future with any purchases of 5.11 gear. As a token of our appreciation, we would like to take this opportunity to offer you a $20.00 OFF coupon towards the purchase the Black Ripstop TDU pants.

Simply print this email and redeem it at your local dealer or buy them online at www.511tactical.com. When prompted for the Promo Code during checkout, just enter TDUSAVE20 and click continue.

Thank you again for your interest in the 5.11 wear test program.

Sincerely,

Tony Lott
    Division Manager AL, FL, GA, IN, KY, MI, OH, PR, TN

There are only two kinds of real justice left: street and poetic...

Canada, huh? Almost made it...

*DISCLAIMER*The opinions expressed here are my own delusions. My employer administraton would at best shake their heads and sigh; or at worst severely repudiate the content of these posts, should it ever manage to appear on their radar.

Thread Information