Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Radar is offline We all bleed blue
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO

Help with Police Trailer Lighting

I have two Pace-American CargoSport Single Axle 6'x8' Enclosed Cargo Trailers that have been donated to the Police Department for my unit. They are former Boy Scout Trailers and apparently were parked under trees for several years.

I've got to fix them up for us to use for transporting traffic and event equipment (cones, signs, barriers, etc.) and the worst part is my budget is $0.

AutoZone has been helping me out, They told one of their vendors and now i've got paint donated by Duplicolor, and AutoZone is offering a discount on replacement / upgraded trailer lights and wiring.

What I don't have but need is emergency lighting for the trailer so it can be used to help block lanes and alert traffic when it is behind the vehicle being used to tow it. What I'm looking for is surface mounted blue (preferrably LED) warning Lights, white scene lights, trailer lights and wiring / connectors if you have them, interior red/white dome lights (i'm going to wire up two dome lights inside the trailer and wire them together on one switch for interior lighting), amber leds, and amber external mount traffic directionals for both trailers.

I don't know if anyone has any of that stuff laying around, but as we are on a strictly no funds budget I thought I might ask. Who knows, maybe some of you guys are either in really good with a generous Lighting Manufacturer, or have a bunch of this stuff collecting dust in your garage.

If you think you can help. Thanks!
    Here Speeder, Speeder, Speeder

"Oderint dum metuant" - Caligula

"How come you only call me when someone's dead?"

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Nothing useful in our "surplus box" but I will keep my eyes open.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm afraid nothing here as well. A note worthy effort though.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Posted this on the site's facebook page. User srab is apparently having a hard time logging in to the site, but he commented on the fb post and said he may be able to help.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Had a lot of luck with the state Whelen rep here in Washington. He's probably dead by now but try your state rep....good company.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    Had a lot of luck with the state Whelen rep here in Washington. He's probably dead by now but try your state rep....good company.

Car 4

He's still around, and every time I see him he asks about you.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

srab is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Radar, I'm back in... Please PM me with your contact info. I know we have stuff laying around the PD, and some of my friends have things they can probably donate. May be a little aged, but in working shape. Car 4 is right on with tryig a company rep, we've done that before. Include Pelican in your contacts. They have self contained LED lighting. Generac is also great to work with (Generac Power Systems - Home Page)
    "The best tank terrain is that without anti-tank weapons"
    Russian military doctrine

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
    - Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

www.gruntsbbq.com

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Usually, if the department has a dealer for vehicle equipment that they routinely use, (or if neighboring jurisdictions have one who manages State purchase contracts), those guys are frequently willing to part with tear-out lighting and/or switches and wiring cheap/free to good cause.

Check with them.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Thread Information