Welcome to the APBWeb.
    10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO

A Painful Reminder To Not Hesitate To Kill

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/11...ffic_Violation

Texas Officer is shot and killed when he pulled over this 74 year old man. The man then uses the officer's radio to call for help. Melvin Hale was sentenced to life in prison.

It's easier said then done and hindsight is always 20/20, but always be on your toes out there guys and girls.

"I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6."

May Officer Randal Vetter rest in peace.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

“A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.”
    -Winston Churchill

Motorwaycop is offline Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Sometimes you just cannot believe what you are seeing.
    That is a very disturbing clip. The soundtrack more than anything.
    All credit to the proffesionalism of the attending officers for not just putting that low life out of his misery.
    You really do seem to have a country full of nutjobs ready to snuff you out as soon as look at you.
    As ever thoughts go to the families and friends of the downed officer.
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

General Patten is offline Surgeon General
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorwaycop View Post
    You really do seem to have a country full of nutjobs ready to snuff you out as soon as look at you.
    too true...

RIP
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
    Lead is very hazardous to your health.
    Always include Kevlar in your daily diet.

"I always believe in being prepared, even when I'm dressed in white tie and tails."
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewell View Post
    It's easier said then done and hindsight is always 20/20, but always be on your toes out there guys and girls.

"I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6."
    I understand your trying to do it tactfully, but your still doing it regardless. I'd rather you not monday morning quarterback the actions of an officer that has died in the LOD.

Just my .02

Maybe I'm overreacting...
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    I understand your trying to do it tactfully, but your still doing it regardless. I'd rather you not monday morning quarterback the actions of an officer that has died in the LOD.

Just my .02

Maybe I'm overreacting...
    I really didn't want to come across as a Monday morning quarterback, hence why I stated hindsight is always 20/20. That wasn't my intention in the least bit. I posted the video to raise awareness of all the Officer's and future Officer's on this board. Even though it's a reminder that none of us want to hear/see happen, it's a reminder no less. There's no such thing as a routine traffic stop, and you never know what you're going to come across at any time of the day.

Please don't jump to conclusions about me just because I don't have a "Verified LEO" title above my information. I have worked the job, I have worn the badge, and I have made arrests.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

“A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.”
    -Winston Churchill

tx-leo is offline Troll Hunter
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorwaycop View Post

No actually we do not. We have the nutjobs in congress and the senate.

97% of our contacts and arrests go without incident. Theres just a segment of Society that happens to be nuts, just like anywhere else. That guy could easily have lived in England and used a knife to kill an Officer like you who is probably unarmed. Am I making an assumption, yep. It's kinda annoying isin't it?

My point is, we don't necessarily have a good grasp of what is going on in the average day of a LEO from 7000 miles away. The people I contact on a regular basis ( in a metro area of 1.5million ) are cooperative and average citizens, who are usually non-violent towards the LE and in MANY cases are _ARMED_ with a rifle or handgun. This fact dosent bother me in the least.

If the guy wants to jump out of his car with a rifle, thats fine, I have one too, and I'm going to win the argument.

I do not fear armed citizens.

We had a revolution, and do not hail to queens. We are ( generally ) trusted to bear arms, and do not rely on the government to protect us, including the police.
    Last edited by tx-leo; 11-15-06 at 05:42 PM.
    "I'd rather hunt with VP Cheney than ride with Ted Kennedy ."

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little
    temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by tx-leo View Post
    No actually we do not. We have the nutjobs in congress and the senate.

97% of our contacts and arrests go without incident. Theres just a segment of Society that happens to be nuts, just like anywhere else. That guy could easily have lived in England and used a knife to kill an Officer like you who is probably unarmed. Am I making an assumption, yep. It's kinda annoying isin't it?

My point is, we don't necessarily have a good grasp of what is going on in the average day of a LEO from 7000 miles away. The people I contact on a regular basis ( in a metro area of 1.5million ) are cooperative and average citizens, who are usually non-violent towards the LE and in MANY cases are _ARMED_ with a rifle or handgun. This fact dosent bother me in the least.

If the guy wants to jump out of his car with a rifle, thats fine, I have one too, and I'm going to win the argument.

I do not fear armed citizens.

We had a revolution, and do not hail to queens. We are ( generally ) trusted to bear arms, and do not rely on the government to protect us, including the police.
    Well said. +1
    Calm Like A Bomb...

-Winston Churchill

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    We have argued over this video before. I think the last time it was posted, we made some comments about the lack of reaction by back-up. If I remember right, the responding was shot in the throat and died. Maybe a little more action could have saved him. Maybe not. I think the real point here is be careful on every call and Rest in peace, brother.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

depusm12 is offline Patrolman
    Verified LEO
    It's is very disturbing. RIP brother
    James
    Dept of the Army Civilian Police
    "Loyalty above all else, except Honor"
    Never forget those who fell on 9/11/01
    S&W beats 4 Aces every time

TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    What makes me sick about the video is the actions of the responding officers more than anything.
    They let the man get back in the car- what the hell?
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by tx-leo View Post

and do not hail to queens. .
    I think you probably have more queens than we do.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Thread Information