Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TheOldRhino is offline Corporal

Gwinnett County SO Training

I figure I'd show this to y'all. It's some training on a poor-man's FATS machine done by the GCSO Rapid Response Team.

I used to work for GCSO for 3 years. Capt Sims trained me in a number of classes. He's a great guy- even though he can't sit still for a minute. He's the one that gave us the "Is this really what you want to do for a living?" speech in the academy as well- I think most of us were doubting our career choice after that speech.

Anyway, here it is: Click here for video
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Rhino - I found that very interesting. Both in the glimpse at training and what looked like CNN doing a fair report on something.

I'd be very interested in seeing a training session (nothing that would give away tactical secrets obviously). The guy choking the woman on the bed didn't look to my untrained eye like a deadly force issue - and that's a problem. Better the general public and police talk about these things beforehand, when it's just training, rather than civilians Monday morning quarterbacking an emotional situation.

Thanks for sharing this - if you can share more like I mentioned, I'll watch.

--BEB

CountyFourteen is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    That is a good question bugeyedbeast, for many (civilians) they may feel that choking the person is not deadly force, but it is. Anyone especially someone trained can kill by choking someone for only a second or two, the damage would be done and unless immediate medical attention is right there....the person will not live.
    Any Post I make is my opinion only!
    I do not have the authority or the permission to post for my Sheriff's Office.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by BugEyedBeast View Post
    Rhino - I found that very interesting. ..............and what looked like CNN doing a fair report on something.
    I'd agree with that statement. It looked like a fair explaination of the split second deciosions we have to make.

Quote Originally Posted by CountyFourteen
    Anyone especially someone trained can kill by choking someone for only a second or two, the damage would be done and unless immediate medical attention is right there....the person will not live.
    This is true. only a few pounds of pressure could kill someone. In addition to that it would be almost unrepairable without the proper medical tools/experience that a Doctor has.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    That's a poor man's FATS?! Damn! We use the same program, but nowhere NEAR the variety of areas of cover, choices in weapons, etc.

But I agree.....good vid.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Thread Information