Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TheOldRhino is offline Corporal

Police Officer tasers Security Guard trying to stop Shoplifter (who gets away)

It wouldn't be as bad if he wasn't WEARING AN EFFING UNIFORM!!

Click here for video.
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

General Patten is offline Surgeon General
    wow...
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
    Lead is very hazardous to your health.
    Always include Kevlar in your daily diet.

"I always believe in being prepared, even when I'm dressed in white tie and tails."
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    I had headaches for the rest of the day after getting tased. He shoulda had a jacket and the officer shoulda stopped the driver of that car.

TXCOP is offline Officer First Class
    They made a very good point in saying that they had no information about a security guard being involved. On the other hand my dispatcher would have left that part.

I hate my dispatcher.
    "Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you.
    He is training with minimum food or water, in austere conditions, day and night.
    The only thing clean on him is his weapon.
    He doesn't worry about what workout to do---his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
    The True Believer doesn't care "how hard it is"; he knows he either wins or he dies.
    He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home.
    He knows only the Cause.
    Now, who wants to quit?"

"I am only one, but I am one. I can not do everything, but I can do something. And because I can not do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do I should do. And what I should do, by the Grace of God, I will do."

Edward Everett Hale

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    It wouldn't be as bad if he wasn't WEARING AN EFFING UNIFORM!!

Click here for video.

If he's wrestling around in the car who's to say it could be seen, and if he didn't identify himself or confirm his intentions then the officer would not know. S/G's get arrested sometimes. They are not the same ethics of LEO and sometimes commit crimes.
    Last edited by Star Man; 12-24-06 at 10:20 AM.

TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    Yeah but come on. You get a call of a theft, and you see two people wrestling around when you get there- one of whom is wearing a security uniform- you don't need a week in detective school to figure out what's going on.
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Man View Post
    If he's wrestling around in the car who's to say it could be seen, and if he didn't identify himself or confirm his intentions then the officer would not know. S/G's get arrested sometimes. They are not the same ethics of LEO and sometimes commit crimes.

Im not sure how I feel about this statement. Sure S/Gs get arrested. So do Cops. Im confused about your ethics statement.
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm357 View Post
    Im not sure how I feel about this statement. Sure S/Gs get arrested. So do Cops. Im confused about your ethics statement.
    It was not a slam on security guards. It was based on my experience here where almost anyone can be one. There was a big problem with a certian company acting like SWAT in a housing project, kicking in doors without warrants and violating peoples rights. The guards ended up getting arrested for multiple counts of home invasion etc. They seem to get a poor pool of applicants here and the quality in my experience was that their motives can be suspect. I would not immediately give the guard the 100 % all clear just because he was a guard.

I would definetly look at the whole situation if I were there, but in the dark a black guard uniform could be missed if its just a patch on the shoulder. The officer may have had an "oh shit" moment when they realized it was not the BG, and then tunnel vision allowed the real BG to get away. Some officers do not handle stress as well as others. I'm an FTO and have had to recommend a recruit out of the program b/c they froze up at the wrong times.......
    Last edited by Star Man; 12-25-06 at 08:28 AM.

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bull3032 View Post
    "I still have headaches and my arm hurts from getting tased."
    What a load of shit...they only after-effect of getting tased is remembering how bad it sucked and understanding that you'd better comply when you hear "Get down...taser, taser taser!"
    Quote Originally Posted by BEK320 View Post
    I had headaches for the rest of the day after getting tased. He shoulda had a jacket and the officer shoulda stopped the driver of that car.
    That snip was cut out of the middle of a sentence. Could be from the tasing itself. Could well be he hit his head on the doorframe and fell on his arm after getting tased in the car. Latter seems likely actually in addition to any direct effects of the taser.

Cheech Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCOP View Post
    I hate my dispatcher.
    Yea I feel the same

On second thought it is just a unfortunate incident. It looked like a car jacking to me. Im sure he was hyped and focusing on not getting killed and didnt notice the cops. Just a mix up

Thread Information