Welcome to the APBWeb.
    BEB
    BEB is offline Banned

Wink Missouri: Police Roadblock Harassment Caught on Tape

Using the article title. Continue reading if you want a laugh.

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/15/1522.asp
    *transcript there*
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...82423715017278
    *18 minute barely audible video*

Missouri: Police Roadblock Harassment Caught on Tape
    St. Louis County, Missouri threaten to arrest a teenager for refusing to discuss his personal travel plans.

Missouri stopA teenager harassed by police in St. Louis, Missouri caught the incident on tape. Brett Darrow, 19, had his video camera rolling last month as he drove his 1997 Maxima, minding his own business. He approached a drunk driving roadblock where he was stopped, detained and threatened with arrest when he declined to enter a conversation with a police officer about his personal travel habits. Now Darrow is considering filing suit against St. Louis County Police.

"I'm scared to drive for fear of being stopped at another checkpoint and arrested while doing nothing illegal," Darrow told TheNewspaper. "We're now guilty until we prove ourselves innocent to these checkpoint officers."

On that late November night, videotape confirms that Darrow had been ordered out of his vehicle after telling a policeman, "I don't wish to discuss my personal life with you, officer." Another officer attempted to move Darrow's car until he realized, "I can't drive stick!" The officer took the opportunity to undertake a thorough search of the interior without probable cause. He found nothing.

When Darrow asked why he was being detained, an officer explained, "If you don't stop running your mouth, we're going to find a reason to lock you up tonight."

The threats ended when Darrow informed officers that they were being recorded. After speaking to a supervisor Darrow was finally released.

"These roadblocks have gotten out of hand," Darrow told TheNewspaper. "If we don't do something about them now, it'll be too late."
    Saw this over at FTL a couple days ago, and while a few responded I was glad to see they didn't fall for this bait. It's a laugh! Smart off to a cop at a DUI check and what do you expect? Uh..lemme think... And a burnt out clutch from one stall and driving the car 15 feet? Gotta love it. This wanna be social activist didn't defend anyone's rights or freedom, he just gave me a chuckle.

Sure, there are a couple points I'd take up if this was a discussion, but this is just for fun.

Dudleydoright is offline Officer First Class
    Can you say set up??????? I'm prejudiced though, my dept.

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    I have worked a few check points(this is my dept), and I have never seen this happen. I am sure this kid was looking for a fight. But since this is a public area, I will say no more!
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

Detective7653 is offline Police Detective
    Hey Beans you work any of those checkpoints there in Marlbourgh. Maybe I will see you sometime.
    Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friend. John 15:13

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    There is a long thread on this over at 911jobforums.com. The general opinion is that the officers here are morons and the kid was looking to set them up.

Mods, am I allowed to post a link to another LEO forum here?
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm357 View Post
    There is a long thread on this over at 911jobforums.com. The general opinion is that the officers here are morons and the kid was looking to set them up.

Mods, am I allowed to post a link to another LEO forum here?
    Sure not a problem at all as long as someone does not come here to spam our forums.

dlocke1419 is offline Officer First Class
    There has been a large number of groups going around doing this, we had one a couple weeks back and I know Belle Villa police had one about two weeks before that.

They are members of the Radar Jammer website.

BrickCop is offline "Shrinkage Proof"
    He (audio) recorded the officers without their knowledge or consent? He could be charged for that up my way, in fact there is case law based on the same type of incident.
    Why no, that's not a pregnant anaconda in my pants...why do you ask?

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

CelticCop is offline The Dark Lord
    Ok, I gotta say this... I watched the video, then I went to the other site and saw the alleged transcript. You couldn't hear any of what the kid put in his transcript. He's full of shit and the whole thing was a set-up.
    "Where's your towel Arthur?" -Ford Prefect

"You! On your knees!" -Green Jello

Some take delight in the carriages a rollin'
    and some take delight in the hurley and the bowlin',
    I take delight in the juice of the barley,
    and courtin' pretty fair maids in the morning bright and early...

"You are, without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of..." Cmdre. Norrington "Ah, but you have heard of me." Capt. Jack Sparrow

Warning my statements do not reflect the policies, procedures or views of my agency. As a matter of fact, they think I'm just as nuts as you do, so shove it and blow it out of your fart tube.

Thread Information