Welcome to the APBWeb.
    bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO

Tribute To Our Fallen Brothers and Sisters

I got choked up after watching this. Officer Michael Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 04 and Officer Jose Vazquez E.O.W 12 Feb 07. Rest in peace brothers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNDC4Funn2c
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Wish I could watch it. My firewall at work blocks YouTube.
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Excellent video. Thanks for posting it.

It is my most fervent prayer that none of us ever forget the gravity of the responsibility that we have accepted in this profession, nor that society ever forget the sacrifices made by our brothers and sisters in arms, who have given their lives in service to their fellow man.

I have had the dubious honor of standing (in honor guard and/or in uniform formation) at seven funerals for peace officers killed in the line of duty. I vividly remember each one. Some I knew personally, three I called a friend, but all serve to strike deeply within my consciousness and remind me every shift that nothing on earth is more sacred than human life.

Sometimes we get caught up in the drudgery of our duties, and the evident limited capacity of human wisdom that we must bear close witness to daily, but complacency is folly and in our chosen path we must never lose vigilance. Every day, every shift, and in the walk of our lives, let us always remember that our dead brothers and sisters have left the watch here on earth to us. We must respect and cherish them always. We must carry ourselves in a manner that makes us a fitting representative of our office, our community, and most importantly, our fallen.

No, the above isn't an excerpt from some speech given at a graveside. It is just a statement of some of the principles that guide me whenever I suit up for another shift. Knowing that life is fleeting and uncertain, I only wish that should I ever become a name on a wall, my legacy be that I kept another's name from being engraved beside me, or a very least, my actions lengthened the life of an innocent, enabling them to enjoy further days of freedom and happiness.
    Last edited by countybear; 03-02-07 at 09:56 AM.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Thread Information