Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cops

Cheech Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mid_Ohio_Po View Post
    I was wondering how long it would take that to get posted. I laughed my ass off when I watched that episode....mainly at the officer for not just tacklin the little fucker and throwing him in the trunk!
    Trust me there is way more stuff to do then take this guy to jail. He has not committed the crime of the century. Also that Is south central area command. They again have better things to do!! Cant take everyone to jail

Cheech Guest
    I can vouch for that officer. To each his own opinion. That officer is not a complete fucktard. Everyone on is squad has impressed me a great deal. I have rode with them numerous times.

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    They again have better things to do!! Cant take everyone to jail

Nope, but you can damn sure try.

As one of my Sgt's told me one time "Take the number of individual ass cheeks that were brought into jail tonight, divide them by two, and that better be your amount of arrests by the end of the night!"

Cheech Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cntryboy0531 View Post
    Nope, but you can damn sure try.

As one of my Sgt's told me one time "Take the number of individual ass cheeks that were brought into jail tonight, divide them by two, and that better be your amount of arrests by the end of the night!"
    THe distance from that officers location to the Clark County Detention center via strip is a entirely long drive including traffic...keep in mind that shift is one officer down, And transporting someone who just ran from the police without a major crime happen and who is also a little mental. Not worth it. Technically In Nevada its not illegal to walk away or run away from the police if no crime has been committed. A cop can go up to someone and try and make a consentual stop and that person can say " fuck off I dont want to talk to you " I cant do a damn thing ( if no crime has been committed)

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    ok, I want to toss in my .02...again.

Like I already said, if I have to chase someone, they go to jail.

Tony, you make a good point. Not everyone HAS to go to jail. I feel like the copper in the video didn't have very good control over the situation, but I do think he did good by getting the guy a job, thus minimizing any future contacts with that guy.

My previous statement, of "If I run, someone's going to jail" stands true for me, because, our local jail will very very rarely take misdemeanor arrests, unless it is a "targeted misdemeanor" (it's a MN thing...stupid). So, stuff like trespassing, obstructing, DAS,DAR,DAC, No MN DL, Minor Consumption, disorderly conduct, fleeing on foot, etc....they won't accept them into the jail.

Sooo....if I have to chase somebody, basically I'm going to be chasing them because they committed an arrestable offense. It sucks chasing a guy for 6 blocks, tackling him, scratching out a ticket, taking his handcuffs off, and sending him home....
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Cheech Guest
    understood jmur. only thing is the midget dood can't run far or fast. how much did that officer have to run?? is this guy a danger to society?? Now iF ThE chase was on different story. they merely went a street pole. I'd save the time and save the report for something more severe.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    understood jmur. only thing is the midget dood can't run far or fast. how much did that officer have to run?? is this guy a danger to society?? Now iF ThE chase was on different story. they merely went a street pole. I'd save the time and save the report for something more severe.
    Well, that's kinda what I was getting at in my second post.

Screw him, let him run. Maybe he'll run into a different sector. haha.

And also, being as it's a local video for you, you have a little more knowledge of call volume, types of calls, dept. policy, etc, etc...

But, whatever. I hate armchair quarterbacking cops, and I'm starting to do it right now. So I'm done.
    Last edited by jmur5074; 03-04-07 at 07:47 PM.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Cheech Guest
    jmur I agree let him go to a different sector lol

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    You all are just not thinking properly; you have to ask yourself, WWJD?

(What Would Jenna Do)

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information