Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Cheech Guest

Hose draggers...

Watch as they watch the cops struggle with people
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pATjJVdalZc

LawnMM is offline Oppressor of Crackheads
    Pretty heroic indeed. Thats so blatantly cheap I'd probably cite them for failure to aid a police officer. The chief of police and the chief mattress-back can go back and forth over whether or not to reprimand me for it.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'd be tempted to get the two offenders cuffed, then knock the living &$%*@ out of the firefighters for good measure. Ree-friggin-diculous.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    It looks like the ass-kicking Sergeant or whoever that bald guy was ready to do just that when one of the cowards appeared to try the old "Dude, take it easy on him, brah" routine.

From reading the comments (which I have no idea if they're true) the guys they were wrestling were off-duty nozzle nuts that were involved in a DUI crash. That's why they just stood back.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Idiots. Too bad the hozers didn't realize helping to get there friends handcuffed would have stopped them from getting their asses kicked.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    That video is a CF!

The FDs where I work are great, and we show them a lot of courtesy in return. In some areas my backup is 30-40 minutes away and I'm appreciative when an off-duty or firefighter stops to make sure I'm alright. I have been dispatched as the only officer available to a violent domestic with possible injuries. The three volunteer firefighter/EMTs who arrived made it clear that if the suspect didn't want to cooperate with me, he would deal with all of us. THANK YOU!
    "never bring paws to a gunfight" - Jenna

Cst.SB is offline Officer First Class
    Ya, that was a bad day up here.

The reason why the FD is standing around (and actually beaking off at the VPD members!!) was that it was an off duty FD captain and his asshole son.

They had been at a St. Patricks day FD event and were drunk and got into MVI. And then the police showed up they were totally disrespectful and aggressive. A bystander attempted to provide a statement and the Capt's son attempted assaulted him. The officer nearest was assaulted while attempting clam the son down. The Capt seeing his kid assault the officer and then resisting arrest jumped in to the fight.

The officer fighting went 10-33 and two VPD vehicle collided well attempting to get to their members, which caused at least 2 or 3 of them to go to the hospital.

Also of note, one of the FD standing around watching had recently been arrested for shoplifting and possession (cocaine) and was released pending court.

It was a very very bad day for the Vancouver Fire Department, made worse when their Chief came out as said publicly that they were investigating the alleged assault and impaired driving. (Fuck you, it's on tape asshole.)

The Sgt, is an awesome cop. He's a bit of lightning rod with the media, but I'd work for him any day.

2525 probably has more info, it's his dept.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    I'm not going to pass judgment one way or another- I wasn't there.

But, if I saw my captain in a fight with cops, I'd probably- at the very- least try and hold him back. But, unlike hose draggers, we have two balls.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Cst.SB is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    But, if I saw my captain in a fight with cops, I'd probably- at the very- least try and hold him back. But, unlike hose draggers, we have two balls.
    No kidding!!!

The foundation savers were apparently yelling at the police to back off.

If one of my bosses was drunk and acting like an idiot I would have tried to help diffuse the situation.

Mind you when Capt's son assaulted the officer who attempted to diffuse the situation with the witness, it was pretty much over at that point.

Oh, and one more thing. All the FD guys standing there were pulled in for statements, and as you could probably guess didn't see a thing. That is, until the Sgt interviewing them said something to the effect of - is that you there in this video? Apparently they had a copy of video before taking the statements. I guess at that point the FD decided to talk.

These two idiots hired a lawyer and went on the news screaming police brutality, and that they weren't drunks etc. And I'll give it to the news, they tracked down the witness - a pro police American from Seattle! Who went on TV and that was the last we heard form Capt and his son.. lol

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Nice!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Hey, if they were smart, they would have been cops.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    I like our FD people here. They try to help us when they can. I think these asshats in this video need some sort of ass kicking themselves though........ And the 2 fighting the police need some real jail time!

Thread Information