Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor

Ice Storm, Anyone have any good pics

We keep getting dumped on here in WI with snow but I was wondering how people are doing where they received the ice storms

Does anyone have any good pics from being on Duty?

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    No pics (I was lucky enough to not be working during the cluster), but we got it pretty good in the OKC metro...my big-ass bradford pear in the front yard split in two. The ice is gone now, though...it was slightly over freezing all day and rainy. If it'd been below freezing, we'd be looking at 2-5 inches of ice all over the place, and that would totally suck balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Bob

you end up with out power like many?

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    nope...I am a lucky one. A buddy from work who lives in a brand-new addition about a quarter-mile from my house lost his, as did a whole bunch of guys from work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

1*girl Guest
    Reason number...(oh hell I lost count) why I still live in Georgia. Although it has been damn near 80 the past few days. Did I miss Christmas or something?

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Was 82 and sunshine here today,if not for it getting dark at 1700 ,I would think it was May,not to make light of what is going on up north,(dont know how you guys handle it,at least during hurricanes we can work in shorts ,and short sleeves),but it amazes me how just a few miles can make such a difference.

TacticalII is offline Member
    Verified LEO
    Here's a couple pics from my back yard. Took these after the ice already started melting. Finally got power back after being without for a little over 2 days. Wished I would have taken more pics of the neighborhood, crazy how all the trees came down under the weight of the ice. Oh ya, I kinda feel bad a bunch of branches fell on my neighbors brand new shed and banged the roof all up.....

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    The shed is replaceable, at least we havent heard of any members getting hurt during this ordeal.
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

CT209 is offline Once..... Forever
    Verified LEO
    If the forecast is right, it looks like the storms are about due to arrive here in the East. Tomorrow, heavy snow and sleet (5- 8 inches expected) and then another one on Sunday, which is forecast to be sleet and freezing rain.

We really wouldn't have minded if you Mid-west folks had just kept the storms.
    "When a crime is committed, liberals blame society. Conservatives blame the criminal." -Debra Saunders

Old Scottish Motto- "nemo me impune laccessit". It still holds true today.

dkpd1384 is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Ice and Snow? short sleeve shirts is still the uniform of the day here. Don't think we have to worry too much about the bad weather we can't even get more than a inch of rain in a month, now running out of water might be a little problem here soon. But for those affected be careful out there and watch for the citizens if they have any common sense they loose it in bad weather.

mike01 is offline patrol deputy
    Verified LEO
    I have pics i will upload at later time.We had an icestorm in 2000 that left my family and the entire state of Arkansas without power.We were out a total of two weeks,and got hit with the storm twice. My pecan trees were destroyed as well as my roof on the house.It affected the entire state. There were only a few hotels available so we were out of luck.To the best of my knowlege,you could not buy a generator any where.That was 6 months before my time at the s.o but i have heard the stories. IT WAS A STEP BACK TO A TIME THAT I DO NOT EVER WANT TO LIVE IN! I am sure you can google the event. I will find pics of my town and house and post at a later date.
    Last edited by mike01; 12-14-07 at 10:42 PM. Reason: misspelled words

suellen446 is offline Officer First Class
    webb city, missouri - that is in the extreme southwest corner of the state
    we got hit pretty hard in missouri, when my power is back on i'll load some pics. at least they got my electric meter put back on the house today.
    dispatcher

Thread Information