Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

US has 57 states??

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/b...-57-states.htm

LOL..Wonder if Barack has been hanging out with John Kerry and using too much Heinze 57 sauce?

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    I haven't run this through Snopes yet but it's interesting.

57 States

Patriot Brandy,USMC Ret., brings this item to our attention! Homeland security has been warning about "sleeper cells" since 9/11. What greater coup would the muslim-extremists have than to get one of their own into the White House!
    Jim

Wow, Very Interesting
    A slip of the tongue or what he has been working on?

From Rush Limbaugh's radio show May 26th....
    RUSH:
    Hey, folks, Want to participate in tweaking the Drive-By Media? You are aware, probably, that Barack Obama lost his bearings recently and said that he was going to campaign in all 57 states. You heard this? And everybody chalked it up to, 'Well, he's tired.'

You know, this is a Dan Quayle moment. I mean, Dan Quayle goes out there and misspells 'potato,' and we still hear jokes about it. Barack Obama says he's gonna go out and campaign in 57 states, he was just tired, you know, it's been such a long campaign, he's been so many places, he probably thinks there are 57 states. Well, I have here a printout from a website called the International Humanist and Ethical Union . And here is how the second paragraph of an article on that website begins. 'Every year from 1999 to 2005 the organization of the Islamic conference representing the 57 Islamic states presented a resolution to the United Nations commission on human rights called combating.'
    We're participating here in a tweak of the media. Obama said he's going to campaign in 57 states, and it turns out that there are 57 Islamic states. There are 57 Islamic states. 'Every year from 1999 to 2005, the organization of the Islamic conference representing the 57 Islamic states,' this is from the International Humanist and Ethical Union. And the title of the piece here is, 'How the Islamic states dominate the UN human rights council,' and there are 57 of them.

So did Obama just lose his bearings, or was this a more telling slip, ladies and gentlemen?

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    According to Snopes http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/57states.asp , Obama says it was a slip of the tongue and he meant "47 states" rather than "57 states." Come on, has no one here ever made that kind of slip of the tongue before? George W. Bush made enough of those to fill a "one-page-a-day" calendar. http://www.amazon.com/George-Bushism.../dp/0740759574

Still, I had to laugh at this flag pin some conservatives want Obama to wear:

Verified LEO
    According to Snopes http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/57states.asp , Obama says it was a slip of the tongue and he meant "47 states" rather than "57 states." Come on, has no one here ever made that kind of slip of the tongue before? George W. Bush made enough of those to fill a "one-page-a-day" calendar. http://www.amazon.com/George-Bushism.../dp/0740759574
    Well the last time I looked we had 50 states not 47. Maybe he figures there's three red states he doesn't want to count and they'll go to court to have them removed from the Union.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dadyswat View Post
    Well the last time I looked we had 50 states not 47. Maybe he figures there's three red states he doesn't want to count and they'll go to court to have them removed from the Union.
    He was saying that he had been to 47 states so far, and planning to go to another one, but couldn't go to Hawaii and Alaska because his campaign managers thought it would be too expensive. I doubt he'd want to have Hawaii removed from the union--he was born there and has a lot of support there!

Verified LEO
    I just love the way he covers his butt. Slip of tongue, that's not the minister I knew for 20 years, the Weathermen asscoiation was just business, Iran isn't a threat, etc and etc. The bad part is media covers for him.

Thread Information