Welcome to the APBWeb.
    2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO

Philadelphia PD LODD Tribute

Got this in an email today:

Please take the time to share this beautiful tribute with as many people as you can to show Philadelphia police you support them during this horrible time

http://blutube.policeone.com/player....790B1628689CCF

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Very moving. I have a picture of Giddings on my cell phone laying in the street dead after being shot by police in the latest incident. In my opinion it was the best picture ever taken of him.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-42Adam View Post
    Very moving. I have a picture of Giddings on my cell phone laying in the street dead after being shot by police in the latest incident. In my opinion it was the best picture ever taken of him.
    Very nice, Great job Philadelphia PD. Now I need to make a photo or 10 of my LODD officers killer to use for target practice, dartboard, take my frustrations out on, etc. There is nothing like seeing a pic of a dead thug. IMO

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Kate is offline Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-42Adam View Post
    The pics of the POS Giddings circled my son's high school. He forwarded two of them to me; one close up, the other a full body shot.

I thought at first I might have trouble looking at them, but not so. I also feel NO remorse, because everytime I look at the pic I see the life of a wonderful Police Officer who was taken too soon, and one who never had a chance with Giddings in the picture.

This whole incident would have NEVER happened if Giddings wasn't given an early parole release. From someone who's had such a violent past since the age of 10 should sent warning signs to the parole board.They're all cons in there, and it's apparent that not only do they manipulate the system on the outside, they're in full swing with it behind bars.

[B]Here are a few snipets from an article written by the Philadelphia Inquirer. You can read the rest of article here, which I strongly encourage you to do so:

• In his first encounter with the criminal-justice system in 1991, Daniel Giddings was convicted of beating and robbing a mentally disabled man in his North Philadelphia neighborhood.
    • Giddings was 10 years old.

• During the next seven years, Giddings was continuously in and out of juvenile institutions, where he was charged several times with assaulting staff, sending some to the hospital, according to court records

• He told a court in 2000 that he sold drugs on the corner, raised pit bulls for fighting, and gambled. He had already been shot twice and been arrested several times as a juvenile for assault, including several instances involving guns.

• When he faced Common Pleas Court Judge Lynn B. Hamlin as an adult in 2000, convicted of robbing and shooting a man in the kneecaps, Assistant District Attorney Joseph Coolican said there was "absolutely no reason to believe" that it would ever be safe to release Giddings.

To add insult to injury, friends and relatives are going to be holding a vigil for the man who took Sgt. Mcdonald's life on Tuesday, at 17th and Dauphin in Philadelphia. I didn't see a time posted at the Philly forum, but I can find out and edit the post later.

There has been talk that some groups offered to the PPD to get motorcycles to drown the idiots out, or just show up in force - and then at one point someone mentioned not showing up at all so the animals could just kill themselves. But I think we all know with these kinds of protests, there has to be police on details. I just pray that there is no rage directed towards the PPD, because it's obvious the idiots holding the vigil see nothing wrong with what Giddings did to Officer Mcdonald, and that's the scary part. They talk about wanting respect, but you can't get it if you don't give it. They are not part of the solution; they are absolutely part of the problem. When you walk around with Tshirts that say "Stop Snitiching", how is that helping your community?

BTW, it was a very beautiful tribute 2 Blue. Thank you for sharing.

R.I.P. Sgt. Mcdonald

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    The pics of the POS Giddings circled my son's high school. He forwarded two of them to me; one close up, the other a full body shot.

I thought at first I might have trouble looking at them, but not so. I also feel NO remorse, because everytime I look at the pic I see the life of a wonderful Police Officer who was taken too soon, and one who never had a chance with Giddings in the picture.

This whole incident would have NEVER happened if Giddings wasn't given an early parole release. From someone who's had such a violent past since the age of 10 should sent warning signs to the parole board.They're all cons in there, and it's apparent that not only do they manipulate the system on the outside, they're in full swing with it behind bars.

[b]Here are a few snipets from an article written by the Philadelphia Inquirer. You can read the rest of article here, which I strongly encourage you to do so:

• In his first encounter with the criminal-justice system in 1991, Daniel Giddings was convicted of beating and robbing a mentally disabled man in his North Philadelphia neighborhood.
    • Giddings was 10 years old.

• During the next seven years, Giddings was continuously in and out of juvenile institutions, where he was charged several times with assaulting staff, sending some to the hospital, according to court records

• He told a court in 2000 that he sold drugs on the corner, raised pit bulls for fighting, and gambled. He had already been shot twice and been arrested several times as a juvenile for assault, including several instances involving guns.

• When he faced Common Pleas Court Judge Lynn B. Hamlin as an adult in 2000, convicted of robbing and shooting a man in the kneecaps, Assistant District Attorney Joseph Coolican said there was "absolutely no reason to believe" that it would ever be safe to release Giddings.

To add insult to injury, friends and relatives are going to be holding a vigil for the man who took Sgt. Mcdonald's life on Tuesday, at 17th and Dauphin in Philadelphia. I didn't see a time posted at the Philly forum, but I can find out and edit the post later.

There has been talk that some groups offered to the PPD to get motorcycles to drown the idiots out, or just show up in force - and then at one point someone mentioned not showing up at all so the animals could just kill themselves. But I think we all know with these kinds of protests, there has to be police on details. I just pray that there is no rage directed towards the PPD, because it's obvious the idiots holding the vigil see nothing wrong with what Giddings did to Officer Mcdonald, and that's the scary part. They talk about wanting respect, but you can't get it if you don't give it. They are not part of the solution; they are absolutely part of the problem. When you walk around with Tshirts that say "Stop Snitiching", how is that helping your community?

BTW, it was a very beautiful tribute 2 Blue. Thank you for sharing.

R.I.P. Sgt. Mcdonald
    Just thinking of the story of what went down that day still makes me angry. Just picturing Giddings and all those POS scumbags laughing when he shot the Officer in the face to finish him off just shows what kind of people they are. Pathetic...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Thread Information