Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

American Idol - Season 8

American Idol - Season 8

Discuss.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    This is my first year to keep up with it. Of course I was pulling for Jasmine Murray, the girl from Starkville, MS. I was disappointed but not surprised when she got cut. Nick "Norman Gentle" Mitchell was a hoot! I think he got exactly what he wanted from Idol - exposure. I think we will see him again on television. I'm pulling for Danny Gokey (music minister) now. I think he is definitely talented and his story is remarkable.

I never paid any attention to Idol until Miker41 talked me into watching this year. I'm enjoying it.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    This is the first year that I've sort of watched it beyond the initial auditions. I missed it this week, but I'm soooooo glad that Tatiana chick is gone, she was annoying.

I'm with Cidp24, I'm rooting for Danny Gokey.

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    I agree that Tatiana chick was real annoying and I am glad she is out. Danny Gokey is really good, good voice, good story. I don't know the guys name, he performed Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones, anyway, he seems so fake, from the haircut to his stage theatrics. Guess people like him though he made the top 12. There is some good talent this year!

I did not really start watching television until after I retired. I worked hours that really did not go well with primetime television. I used to hear people talk about American Idol all the time. So I wound up catching re-runs of season 4 almost in it's entirety on the reality network. After that I was hooked, show is losing some of its pizazz but it is still a good show entertainment and it is something the whole family can watch. And there are not too many shows you can say that.

http://www.officerresource.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic5657_1.gif
    Liberty & Justice For All!

The guy that sung Satisfaction has got to be gay. Danny Gokey is real good. I personally thought they cut some good singers too quick, but this season is interesting, and has some great singers.

JSO85360 is offline Coming soon through a door near you!
    Verified LEO
    They called and asked if they could try out for me.......I had to turn them down! Seriously, I can't watch shows like that. Now I did tape the Dirty Harry marathon this past week! Harry Callahan, now that's an officer to look up too! I think the record was seven dead in two days. No review board. Just keeps getting kicked out the homicide unit until a day or two later when they need him. I just saw Gran Torino last night. Funny as hell, but I wasn't happy with the ending. Just wasn't right......
    The six o'clock rule
    I tell them to act according to the six o'clock rule, a phrase that causes most of them to say, "Huh?"
    I tell them to use this little test before they decide to do something. If they were to do what they're thinking about, and it became the lead story on the six o'clock news, would they be proud? Would their department be proud, and would their family be proud? It's a simple way to live your life both personally and professionally.

Bruce Thomason

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." Mark Twain

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JSO85360 View Post
    They called and asked if they could try out for me.......I had to turn them down!
    Awww, you should have tried out!

JSO85360 is offline Coming soon through a door near you!
    Verified LEO

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Awww, you should have tried out!
    You don't understand, I'm not trying out for anything. They wanted to try out for ME......
    The six o'clock rule
    I tell them to act according to the six o'clock rule, a phrase that causes most of them to say, "Huh?"
    I tell them to use this little test before they decide to do something. If they were to do what they're thinking about, and it became the lead story on the six o'clock news, would they be proud? Would their department be proud, and would their family be proud? It's a simple way to live your life both personally and professionally.

Bruce Thomason

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." Mark Twain

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    You don't understand, I'm not trying out for anything. They wanted to try out for ME......
    OK now I get it.

You're right, they're no match for you!

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Danny Gokey is still doing great! What did y'all think about Adam Lambert's version of "Ring of Fire"?

I thought it was very weird but he did the Opry his way.

Any other favorites?
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    What did y'all think about Adam Lambert's version of "Ring of Fire"?

I thought it was the most bizarre, uncomfortable, awkward, and strangest performance in American Idol history.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Danny Gokey kicked ass again last night! I can't really figure out what is keeping Megan Joy on the show, maybe it's her looks because it CANT be her singing. Adam Lambert is odd. Kris Allen is coming on strong. Any winner predictions yet??

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I've missed the last couple of episodes, but I'm still hoping that Danny Gokey wins.

swaggon is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    They called and asked if they could try out for me.......I had to turn them down! Seriously, I can't watch shows like that. Now I did tape the Dirty Harry marathon this past week! Harry Callahan, now that's an officer to look up too! I think the record was seven dead in two days. No review board. Just keeps getting kicked out the homicide unit until a day or two later when they need him. I just saw Gran Torino last night. Funny as hell, but I wasn't happy with the ending. Just wasn't right......
    Un-ass my AO!!

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    Danny Gokey kicked ass again last night! I can't really figure out what is keeping Megan Joy on the show, maybe it's her looks because it CANT be her singing. Adam Lambert is odd. Kris Allen is coming on strong. Any winner predictions yet??
    I'm picking the final two as Danny and Kris. Both of those guys were awesome.

Adam was a hell of a performer at first when everyone was new and nervous, but the freak look and predictable screams at certain points of the song are getting old.

My girlfriend is in love with Kris. He's come on strong as one of the best, but isn't THE best.

Adam is talented, but weird and he overdramatizes his songs. The blind guy did well, as did Matt. I thought they were way too hard on Matt. I could literally see tears start to well up in his eyes. He needed a hug.

Megan was awful and needs to go.

Thread Information