Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Just had my new Blackberry Curve 8330 Titanium delivered

I'll let you know what I think.....thing better scratch my balls for the $622.00 (including tax and shipping) that it cost me.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    $622???? Did you buy it out of contract??? If so what carrier? That is crazy talk.

I love BB though. Didn't you say a while back that you thought they were mostly hype?
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    $622???? Did you buy it out of contract??? If so what carrier? That is crazy talk.

I love BB though. Didn't you say a while back that you thought they were mostly hype?

Yes, I bought it out of contract. I use Nextel.

And I don't know what my exact words were back then regarding the Blackberry, but everyone jumping on the bandwagon so soon created a bunch of hype. Now the Blackberry has earned its place in the cell phone community and is a stable phone type that will last.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    I prefer a phone like mine that can't receive email - That way the sender has to limit their text messages to 200 characters, and I have an excuse not to write back because I can't read the letters on my phone's display or keys without my reading glasses which I only carry in secret

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    I prefer a phone like mine that can't receive email - That way the sender has to limit their text messages to 200 characters, and I have an excuse not to write back because I can't read the letters on my phone's display or keys without my reading glasses which I only carry in secret

The only email I have set up, and WILL set up, is my personal email. That's it, period!

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    That's a hell of a lot of money for a cell phone! I have the Blackberry Storm and it's a love/hate relationship. Sometimes it works great, sometimes it locks up and is slow for some reason...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Ho-leeeee shitballz!!!!!! $622??? I've got Verizon and getting one out of contract costs me $49.99 since they're running some sort of promotion. $119.99 without the promotional deal.

Blackberry Storm? $149.99

Preorder the upcoming Blackberry Tour 9630? $199.99

I've never had a Blackberry but was considering either that or the iPhone. Most likely stay with Verizon so I guess that answers THAT, eh?

Does the Blackberry calendar sync with any PC-based programs?

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I haven't had a Blackberry since working for the feds as a trainer - it was one of the first ones with an black and white screen like the old Palms.

They sure are getting pretty slick.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    I haven't had a Blackberry since working for the feds as a trainer - it was one of the first ones with an black and white screen like the old Palms.

They sure are getting pretty slick.

Yeah, this phone rocks, there isn't anything it can't do, practically.

On the downside, if you're not a bit technology or phone savvy, this might not be the phone for you.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    Does the Blackberry calendar sync with any PC-based programs?

Yes it does. Mine is synced with my Outlook Express.

Term, you'll love the Curve. They are damn near bullet proof.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    The only email I have set up, and WILL set up, is my personal email. That's it, period!
    Install Loopt on it, so your boss can track your movements on a map at all times - Uses your phone's GPS for the ultimate in "Electronic Leashes"

In the BRIGHT side, you can tell it to alert you when your boss is in the building, if he decides to share his location with you.

Your Social Compass | Loopt

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Ho-leeeee shitballz!!!!!! $622??? I've got Verizon and getting one out of contract costs me $49.99 since they're running some sort of promotion. $119.99 without the promotional deal.

I've never had a Blackberry but was considering either that or the iPhone. Most likely stay with Verizon so I guess that answers THAT, eh?
    I've been due to upgrade my Curve for a few months. Several people I know have the Storm. I like it, but have seen too many people have to replace them a couple times before they get a good one. I checked out the Tour last night after seeing your post, I think I'll be pre-ordering one within the next couple of days.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I am a known cell phone destroyer. Now that I have a BB and an Otter Case (or 'possum pouch, as a friend calls it) I have not even scratched this one. It appears to be tough and I love all the things I can do with it.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Verizon here too. I'm waiting for the Motorola Android phone they are picking up to see if I'm staying with Verizon or not.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    I've been due to upgrade my Curve for a few months. Several people I know have the Storm. I like it, but have seen too many people have to replace them a couple times before they get a good one. I checked out the Tour last night after seeing your post, I think I'll be pre-ordering one within the next couple of days.

It's a good move. You'll love it. I already love mine. It's revolutionized the cell phone industry.

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    Funny enough, today I just picked up my RED Curve 8330. I'm setting everything up on it now...so far, I LOVE it!!
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Yes, I bought it out of contract. I use Nextel.

And I don't know what my exact words were back then regarding the Blackberry, but everyone jumping on the bandwagon so soon created a bunch of hype. Now the Blackberry has earned its place in the cell phone community and is a stable phone type that will last.
    So wait, you got the Sprint Curve, not the Nextel Curve 8350i, right?
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    So wait, you got the Sprint Curve, not the Nextel Curve 8350i, right?
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    I'd join you, but I don't hit my "New Every 2" mark until 12/17/09. Looks like I'll be forced to stand by and see what's out around Christmas time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information