Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Manager: Paula Abdul 'Hurt,' 'Angry,' May Not Return To 'Idol'

Paul Abdul may not return to "American Idol" for a ninth season, her manager claimed in a new interview with the Los Angeles Times.
    "She's not a happy camper as a result of what's going on. She's hurt. She's angry," David Sonenberg, the "Idol" judge's manager, told the newspaper on Friday.
    David, who said that he became Paula's manager just weeks ago, at the end of June, added that he has yet to receive a proposal for a new contract for Paula.
    "I find it under these circumstances particularly unusual; I think unnecessarily hurtful," he said. "I find it kind of unconscionable and certainly rude and disrespectful that they haven't stepped up and said what they want to do."
    The result of the stalled negotiations, David said, is that Paula is unlikely to be back on the show she's judged for eight previous seasons.
    "Very sadly, it does not appear that she's going to be back on 'Idol,'" he said.
    David's remarks come on the heels of the news of show host Ryan Seacrest's new contract, a reported $45 million, three-year deal that makes him the highest-paid reality host on television.
    Judge Simon Cowell is also in negotiations to renew his contract, while third judge Randy Jackson is attached to the show through 2011.
    Auditions for Season 9 begin on August 6, with the show set to return in January.

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    Yea, Simon probably pissed her off one too many times. Big Deal.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO

Wish I'd said that!

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    Wish I'd said that!

Car 4
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Another case of the nice guys loosing out to the sleezebags, I'd say.

I hardly ever watch the stupid show, but the times I have, I would say that Paula Abdul is one of only a couple of judges on the show who seems to give a flying flip about the contestants themselves. She's a bit of a ditz, but I like her.

I've read that she also is the only judge who coaches the contestants on her own time, something the others wouldn't bother to do - Or at least she did before some paper tried to make a scandal out of it. So I can understand why she's more than a little p'd off.

The other judges were pretty cruel when I saw it, not just Simon - although he's the worst by far. If they kick her off, I'll go from not caring about watching it that often, to totally avoiding it.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    Another case of the nice guys loosing out to the sleezebags, I'd say.

I hardly ever watch the stupid show, but the times I have, I would say that Paula Abdul is one of only a couple of judges on the show who seems to give a flying flip about the contestants themselves. She's a bit of a ditz, but I like her.

I've read that she also is the only judge who coaches the contestants on her own time, something the others wouldn't bother to do - Or at least she did before some paper tried to make a scandal out of it. So I can understand why she's more than a little p'd off.

The other judges were pretty cruel when I saw it, not just Simon - although he's the worst by far. If they kick her off, I'll go from not caring about watching it that often, to totally avoiding it.
    That's because Paula has class and gives something of herself and experiences back to those who wish to try and make it. She may be a ditz as you say but she does have experience in performing in a variety of venues.

Would you avoid the program if Paula left on her own accord? Just curious.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    That's because Paula has class and gives something of herself and experiences back to those who wish to try and make it. She may be a ditz as you say but she does have experience in performing in a variety of venues.

Would you avoid the program if Paula left on her own accord? Just curious.
    I agree with you about Paula.

I guess it would depend on why she left - If she was just tired of it and wanted to do something else it wouldn't affect me either way. If she left over something stupid that management was doing to her or to the show, I'd probably go out of my way to avoid it.

It's too hyped up anyway - Our local Fox news channel has a regular segment almost every morning on it while I'm getting ready for work, partially because they came to Dallas where thousands of people auditioned. Now they won't stop talking about it.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    +10000000000
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

ANI4ANI is offline Served my city 1972-1997
    Verified LEO

Thumbs down I want more attention!!!

Another Hollywood crybaby......... That entire scene out there can sink in a hole as far as I'm concerned.
    As today's police officers you are not unlike your counterparts of years past. You are an elite group of select members, a brotherhood of highly trained professionals, who are called upon to protect your community in a time of need. Guardians for safety. Being a police officer is not for the faint of heart. You must be honest, trustworthy and fearless in the face of evil. You are being watched everyday. Represent yourself, your department and the shield, for it should always be the embodiment of all that is good and justly. You are the thin blue line. Be proud, be tough and be safe.

Thread Information