Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: "Trauma"

JohnSmith is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO

"Trauma"

New show on NBC, I caught the first episode on Hulu last night. I actually really enjoyed it! Of course it is "TV-ed" up a little, but it was still rather good I think. Not much, well any, PD scenes/characters, as it's based on the EMS of San Francisco, but it was still really good I thought. It's much like an updated "3rd Watch" (One of my favorite shows), minus the Police.

Anyone else catch it?

Hulu - Trauma: Pilot - Watch the full episode now.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Seen the previews and it looks interesting. I clicked on the link you provided and it says 9:00 , 8:00 Central on Monday Nights. I wonder what is up with that? They must have did the preview on Sunday night. Now that I am scanning the show as I type, I realize that I did catch it. I thought it was pretty good. That Tom Cruise type guy piloting the Helo needs to get a hold of himself before he kills someone.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I haven't seen it yet but I may watch it tonight if I get a chance (on hulu).

I loved third watch, and have to first two seasons on DVD. I don't believe it will in any way be able match what Third Watch was, but it still looks good.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Earphone Guy is offline Authorized Vendor
    Authorized Vendor
    I was a huge Third Watch fan and while I generally don't get hooked in to the TV'ed up shows, Trauma rocks!

You can obviously see the "like that would happen" scenes, the rest make up for it.

Check it out...

http://www.earphoneguy.com
    http://www.epgtactical.com

Professional accessories for your two-way radio communications is what we specialize in!

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I haven't seen it, and honestly don't plan to. I have several friends who are medics who say that they can't even stomach how cheesy and self-worshipping it is.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    I haven't seen it, and honestly don't plan to. I have several friends who are medics who say that they can't even stomach how cheesy and self-worshipping it is.
    LOL!

This is true, but I haven't met a medic who wasn't cheesy and self-worshipping
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

triggerpull is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Just got done watching my first episode. a lot of drama happens in San Francisco, that's for sure! I thought it was cheesy to think that the SWAT team allows non-TEMS medics to just entered right behind them. Never seen or heard of this tactic used especially in an active shooter situation. Oh well, it's television, and it looks like my wife enjoys it so I'm sure I'll be watching it again.

1*girl is offline Very possible academy start date in 2012!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    I loved third watch, and have to first two seasons on DVD..
    Where did you get Third Watch DVDs??? I've looked everywhere before and can't find any! I miss that show!

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 1*girl View Post
    Where did you get Third Watch DVDs??? I've looked everywhere before and can't find any! I miss that show!
    Wal-Mart and Target had them when they first came out. Season 1 came out last year, Season 2 came out in July this year.

I'm sure you could find them online if they aren't on the store shelves somewhere.

It seems like they'll be releasing a new season each year.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

sgttom is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    agreed...

it's filmed all over SF. i've seen some of it but the show itself.. cheesy

Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post

Thread Information