Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO

southland: season 2

spent most of the day watching the southland season 1 marathon on tnt. caught the premiere of season 2 tonight. it was pretty good. im liking this show more and more
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    spent most of the day watching the southland season 1 marathon on tnt. caught the premiere of season 2 tonight. it was pretty good. im liking this show more and more
    I think it will come into its own. Don't get me wrong, I love it. I think the first season was held back a little by being on broadcast TV. On TNT I think, they will cut loose more. It won't be The Shield, but it will be closer to that than another CSI or some such suck fest. Even though he's an asshole, I really like the FTO. He's got some classic one liners, and I think he and I would get along. He says the type of shit all the time that I constantly think of but can only let slip once in a while.

If you haven't watched any of it, here's one of my favorite scenes. Hurry up before it gets yanked from YouTube!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX8ukHpNSu8]YouTube - NBC's Southland- Garbage Calls[/ame]
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    Heh, me too - sitting on the couch coughing my lungs out, but the show made it worth it.

I decided to DVR the next season.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Nice LVNR!
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Loved it. Season 2 is a bit grainer (the color, etc) and gives it a bit more drama. I'm putting it right up where with NCIS.

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Not having seen the first season (nor having heard of this show...), I decided to DVR the episode last night and order season 1 on NetFlix. I must not have been the only one that thought this though, because disc 1 is now showing "A short wait"...oh well... plenty of room on my DVR to just save it until I can watch it
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

K9brando is offline Fun In The Snow!
    Verified LEO
    Watching now on DVR since I was sick as hell last night when it came on!
    I'm ready for spring!

Ace
    Ace is offline haud pacis pro scelestus
    Verified LEO
    Loved the first season, but missed the premier of #2...
    RIP Sarah Noll~11-8-87 to 4-17-08

moggsp98 is offline Press HARD, 5 copies
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I loved the show when it first camw out. I did not know that they made a second season. I heard that it was cancelled. What channel is it on now?
    Any day above ground is a fine day indeed!

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

SOME DAYS YOU ARE THE PIGEON, SOME DAYS YOU ARE THE STATUE

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by moggsp98 View Post
    I loved the show when it first camw out. I did not know that they made a second season. I heard that it was cancelled. What channel is it on now?
    TNT
    I'm your huckleberry...

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Last night was the best episode yet. They so nailed this.

The rookie and his FTO roll up on a triple homicide. They have to step around bodies to clear the house. You can't shut down, you gotta keep your head and do the job. Then it's off to the next call. Fucking right on the money.

And then Ben meets his sister and friends and has to deal with all the stupid comments and questions and he just up walks off. People don't know how to relate to us and don't understand how the stuff we deal with affects us. The only thing missing was the story about how they were pulled over once...

The more I watch it the more I like it. Some of it is hokey and exaggerated but generally I think this is the most accurate show I've seen about police work.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    The only thing missing was the story about how they were pulled over once...
    Well, you still got that vibe from that scene, because of the dude in the Porsche from the first episode making reference to Ben stopping him before.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaFuzz View Post
    Well, you still got that vibe from that scene, because of the dude in the Porsche from the first episode making reference to Ben stopping him before.
    Oh definitely, the nailed the vibe. "I put money in the meter!" It was perfect. He has less and less in common with his old life and friends and it's isolating him from his community.

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm getting a kick out of this show - I just wish it wasn't ANOTHER Los Angeles based show.

Lord, we all know that LA invented police work and they are the finest and blah de blah de blah....

:eyeroll:
    I'm your huckleberry...

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    I opted for no cable here since I really dont watch that much tv...now I am regreting it. I loved the 1st season of Southland...guess I will wait til it comes out on DVD and rent it on Netflix. That and Mercy, Bones and Castle.

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolven View Post
    I opted for no cable here since I really dont watch that much tv...now I am regreting it. I loved the 1st season of Southland...guess I will wait til it comes out on DVD and rent it on Netflix. That and Mercy, Bones and Castle.
    Full episodes are available online:

TNT DramaVision Videos - Watch Drama Series Full Episodes and TV Show Video Clips
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    I've seen 1 episode (sometime last season, I think, where the rook ends up shooting some guy and the Detective ended up finding some neighborhood guy who kidnapped and killed a litle girl).....and, for some reason, this show makes me uncomfortable. I don't really know why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    I'm getting a kick out of this show - I just wish it wasn't ANOTHER Los Angeles based show.

Lord, we all know that LA invented police work and they are the finest and blah de blah de blah....

:eyeroll:
    Mac, didn't you know, NY and LA are the only places cops do anything interesting.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    I've seen 1 episode (sometime last season, I think, where the rook ends up shooting some guy and the Detective ended up finding some neighborhood guy who kidnapped and killed a litle girl).....and, for some reason, this show makes me uncomfortable. I don't really know why.
    Bob, I think that was the pilot episode...where the rookie smokes the guy that shoots the cop when he puts him up against the car?

What do you mean by uncomfortable?
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I missed it, was out at da club...........ya right, had a few beers with some buddies.........'-)
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information