Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Android Discussion

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Are the Droid X and the Droid 2 the same device??
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Disregard. Looks like the 2 will have the physical keyboard, and the X won't. I'm actually torn, but I think I like the form factor of the X a bit more. Holy shit...the Incredible was at the top of the heap with the EVO 4G, and it's being displaced already??
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I really like HTC's commitment to Android. It's been interesting to see them pumping out phones at a furious pace and unfortunately there seems to be some quality control issues as a result. The EVO and the Incredible have users reporting the screens peeling away from the phone. There's also some other issues with the Incredible starting to surface.

The Mortorola Droid 2 looks like an improvement on the original, mainly in the keyboard department. The D-Pad is gone and the keys look much better.

The Droid X looks like it has a 4.3 inch screen which is the same size as the EVO.

I would seriously hold off on the Incredible right now and check out these Moto products. I know Reca's got some time before his Incredible is shipped and it may be worth a little extra wait for these phones.

We should get full stats on them the 23rd.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    I am getting my incredible. I have 30 days to test it. If the new one look much better I will switch but I can not wait any longer!!! Plus when I ordered I can not stop that order now.
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Reca View Post
    I am getting my incredible. I have 30 days to test it. If the new one look much better I will switch but I can not wait any longer!!! Plus when I ordered I can not stop that order now.
    Use that 30 days and see you find any problems with it. If you have a unit that isn't flawed it will be very nice!

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Oh yeah! 1 Ghz too!

http://phones.verizonwireless.com/droid/x/
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/15/e...oid-x-preview/

In short, it's pretty awesome. Call it a superphone or a mega-smartphone, but the 4.3-inch handset is absolutely Verizon / Motorola's answer to the HTC EVO 4G, and makes the Droid Incredible look like a bench warmer.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    *Grumble, grumble* Stupid Droid.

I want one, damn it!

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I might go the same route as Reca. I'll be paying full price so I'm taking advantage of the 30 days. Gonna try to score an Incredible in a store in the slim chance I can find one. I'll have 30 days to give it a go which will hopefully get me to the release date in july of the Moto stuff. We'll see how they stack up. The X looks beautiful, if a little large. And I'm not sure how I'll feel with those hardware buttons.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm hearing that Android 2.2 will speed up even the original Droid considerably.

Should be out next week, if rumors are true.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I went ahead and bit the bullet today and got an Incredible. This thing is freaking sweet!

I bought privately, just below full retail from a buddy in CO Springs. He wants a physical keyboard and has only had the Incredible for about a month. Still in flawless shape. He knocked about $100 off full retail (which I was prepared to pay to get away from the BB), and the phone came with an InvisiShield and an Black Amzer (?) cover already installed. So far, I love this freaking thing. I have an 8 hour hospital security detail tonight...0000-0800. Just me, a wonked out K-9 bitten suspect, my Incredible, and my laptop. Sounds like 8 hours of tinkering to me!

As for the Droid 2 and Droid X, they look badass to be honest. My only problem with them ultimately is their size. From their specs, they look to be bigger than the EVO 4G. I test drove that thing at a store about 2 weeks ago and decided it was too big for what I wanted, ya know? Just my personal preference. Also, like I said, I would choose the X over the 2, but I REALLY dislike hardware buttons.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Make sure you go back in this thread and read the app recommendations. I also posted an article here about some Android basics that is a must read.

The greatest thing about your phone is the integration with GMail. Use your Gmail contacts and populate them with everything you know (phone, fax, birthdays, etc) It will all be integrated with your phone. My life is in my Gmail calendar. It's totally synced between the computer and the phone. My wife's Gmail calendar is also included and I can see all her stuff along with mine on the phone. It's amazing. If you use the Facebook App you can sync your FB contacts with your phone contacts as well. I also used the avatars from this site with the other mods contacts in my Gmail contacts so that is what I see if you call me or I look you up in the contacts.

Have fun!

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Add "Layar" to the must have app list. Good for finding points of interests near you. Would really be handy in area you are not familiar with.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Google Voice has opened up and you no longer need an invitation. Go grab yourself a GV Phone Number and realize the awesomeness of managing your phone, voicemail, and SMS online and on your phone. https://www.google.com/voice

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I'm having a great time tinkering with this thing. It is beyond sweet.

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    New free app!

TiKL Push to Talk. I got another friend to download it. It's like using Nextel. Kind of buggy sometimes but not so bad. Uses data only, no voice. Great for short back and forth convos with other Android users!

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    New free app!

TiKL Push to Talk. I got another friend to download it. It's like using Nextel. Kind of buggy sometimes but not so bad. Uses data only, no voice. Great for short back and forth convos with other Android users!
    Accidentally beeped you at 2320hrs my time. Sorry.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    New free app!

Been meaning to try that myself...
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Accidentally beeped you at 2320hrs my time. Sorry.
    No worries bro. I've been tethering with my netbook for a while so it didn't even come through.

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Has anyone here gotten their Droid connected with their work's exchange server? I can't seem to figure out how. Web searches are talking about all kinds of talk about Active Sync, but my BB just went through my server's OWA web address. Can I manage this on my Droid??

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Has anyone here gotten their Droid connected with their work's exchange server? I can't seem to figure out how. Web searches are talking about all kinds of talk about Active Sync, but my BB just went through my server's OWA web address. Can I manage this on my Droid??

I have. Granted I didn't figure it out on my own.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information