Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Android Discussion

Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    Read the article I posted above. The replacement for the AMOLED on your phone should be identical quality wise.
    I did read the article but I have also been reading Many different droid forums and I am hearing both sides. Some say same others say better others say it is worse
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'll watch my Android blogs. They will do a side by side comparison. That's the only way to tell. The EVO has an obvious loss in quality with its replacement. Spec wise the Sony screens should be the same but I'll watch for comparisons.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    sweet.

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    CyanogenMod to Target Droid Incredible, Too | Android Phone Fans
    The device was finally rooted recently – albeit with a very risky method – but it’s now just as free as any other phone that’s been rooted. The news comes to us as one of our tipsters spotted a recent commit to the project’s github source tree that shows a makefile named “cyanogen_inc.mk” (alongside the other supported devices) which – sure enough – contains build configuration information for the HTC Droid Incredible.
    This is what I've been running on my phone. You guys with the Incredible can now join in the fun!

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Droid Incredible Pre-Orderers encourage to switch to Droid X. (DO IT RECA!!!!)
    For those of you still waiting for your original HTC Droid Incredible to ship (you know, the phone that’s not expected to be readily available until late July), AndroidGuys has it on good authority via their Verizon source that the carrier will be allowing Droid Incredible pre-orderers to switch their orders over to the Motorola Droid X.

We’ve not heard anything regarding how soon this could start happening, but it should be great for those who’ve been waiting for the Droid Incredible and couldn’t pre-order the phone within the first round. The fact that the Droid X is launching July 15th – nearly two weeks before the Droid Incredible is expected to begin shipping again – should please a lot of you who have been captivated by what Motorola’s offering in the latest and greatest that’s been cooked up for the DROID line.
    Droid X User Guide Gets Leaked; Droid Incredible Pre-Orderers Encouraged to Switch? | Android Phone Fans

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Reca, does your appeareance on Talk last night indicate you finally received your Incredible??

If so, what do ya think?
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    got my droid incredible and i will tell you that i am totally blown away with with this phone can do i am now looking for some good applications anybody has some feel free to send them my way.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Rocking Android 2.2 on my HTC Magic with Cyanogen's latest. It's sweeeeet.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm loving Android 2.2. There's some great features and I'm still playing with it.

For those of you with the HTC Incredible, Unrevoked just put out a Windows, Mac, and Linux program that will give you a simple root method.

Even if you aren't up for running experimental ROMs like me, there are still great apps like Swap files, screen shots, backups, and others that require root access.

It probably won't get more simple than this to root your phone.

unrevoked

LawnMM is offline Oppressor of Crackheads
    Just jumped on the android wagon myself on thursday. Picked up the Moto X. Its an excellent phone, im lovin it thus far.

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Rocking Android 2.2 on my HTC Magic with Cyanogen's latest. It's sweeeeet.
    I'm very jealous! Still waiting for them to push it out to my Droid
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I really liked the improvements to the Market with Froyo. The ability to have apps automatically update is nice. As well as being able to "Update All". There are some other tweaks that are nice too. The performance boost for you guys with new phones should be phenomenal too!

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    One Click Root and unRoot for Droid X with a new windows app.

1-Click Rooting Comes to Droid X | AndroidGuys

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Good news, bad news.

Bad news is I am no longer running custom Cyanogen ROMs. I'm back to stock 2.1.

The good news is I'm running 2.1 on the new Samsung Galaxy S.

4 inch Super AMOLED screen, 480x800; 1 Ghz Hummingbird processor with GPU.

This thing screams! And the display is incredible.

One of the reasons I stuck with T-Mo and got this is because Samsung has been so open with the phone (the entire source code was released nearly immediately and there's no hardware impediment to modifying it.) It is prime for development. I had it rooted before I logged into Google on it. The Cyanogen team is currently working on a ROM port to the phone so it'll be no time before I'm rocking 2.2 on it again.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I can't afford to swap phones as regularly as you.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    I can't afford to swap phones as regularly as you.
    It's been a whole year.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It's been a whole year.

Yeah, I rest my case.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Alright boys, I'm getting closer. I think I'm at my upgrade date, but surely if I go look, I'll force a decision and get one just because I can.

The last several days I've been cruising Droid forums, checking apps, and reading specs and comparisons.

I'm at this point where I know I want one, but I'm weighing options in what I want. Do I want the D2 with the keyboard? Do I want the DX with the bigger screen and HDMI output? Do I want the Incredible?

I'm a texting/emailing/messaging freak so I like the keyboard on the D2 since I've never had a touchscreen phone, but the all touch screen on the DX is appealing. I'm kinda stuck for now.

I doubt there will be a BOGO sale on them any time soon, and I'm not sure Momma wants to leave her Blackberry until she actually plays with a Droid. I'm usually the guinea pig in our house, so I may just be getting one on my own rather than snagging whatever comes in Buy one, get one.

Help me out fellas. Give me the good, great, bad, and ugly. What'ya think?
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    This is a huge personal preference issue. I don't mind the on screen keyboard especially with Swype. Go to the store and play with the display models. See what you like best. I think the keyboards are less popular because the on screen models work so well with large screens.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information