Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Android Discussion

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Just to add, the Incredible has the new Sony Super LCD which is supposedly on par with the AMOLED it originally had. It is hackable and there are Cyanogen (stock Android optimized for speed) ROMs for it. I have no idea how hard it is to root but based on previous experience with HTC it shouldn't be difficult and if you follow directions you won't brick it.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Justin, I'm not a fan of layered UI's over Android either, but I really am liking Sense on my DInc.That Verizon Galaxy S will be sweet though! The girl I'm seeing just got one for T-Mo (the Vibrant, I think?), and it is sick.

Side note: for anyone sick of the HTC native messaging app (RECA), try out ChompSMS. Awesome, snappier, and much more customizable!
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    Justin, I'm not a fan of layered UI's over Android either, but I really am liking Sense on my DInc.That Verizon Galaxy S will be sweet though! The girl I'm seeing just got one for T-Mo (the Vibrant, I think?), and it is sick.

Side note: for anyone sick of the HTC native messaging app (RECA), try out ChompSMS. Awesome, snappier, and much more customizable!

What size card did you get for your Dinc? I'm curious if the 3 gigs I have left on the one in my BB Tour will be enough for whatever gets stored on the card. If so, I won't have to worry about transferring any media I already have saved to another card.

I'll find out tomorrow when I'm eligible for an upgrade. I know we got our Tours for ourselves last Sept since it was an Anniversary gift to us, so I should be close, if not there already. I'm so back and forth between models, it's not funny. Fortunately my friend that's a rep has a pretty good hookup for me accesories too.

I just got done adding all 278 of my contacts into my new gmail account, and tomorrow I'll go ahead and play with the calendar to add my work schedule and life stuff.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Your 3gb card will be fine when you start your phone but you'll find it fills quickly with all the media and data from apps. I have found I am accumulating mp3 files for music and 3gb is insufficient. The Samsung phones have a 16gb internal Sd card as well as the expansion slot which is really nice.

My recommendation that you get a mini SD 8 gb card that is Class 6. Most of those cards that come with phones are Class 2 which crawl compared to the data throughput of the Class 6. If you want to utilize the Froyo's ability to store apps on the card you will want the 6 as well.

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries

reading the reviews on the chop and it has mixed reviews. I actually like the HTC message app that comes standard with the phone. But then again I have never used text messaging before so I have never used anything else, and I have nothing to compare it to.
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Froyo was pushed to my phone a couple hours ago and I'm installing now. Motorola Droid.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    Nice can't wait for this to get pushed to the D'inc
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    When you talk about Motorola's UI, are you talking about Blur?

I was under the impression the Droid phones were using Google's UI.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MacLean View Post
    When you talk about Motorola's UI, are you talking about Blur?

I was under the impression the Droid phones were using Google's UI.

From the reading I've been doing, the Dx and D2 have come with Motorola's own UI. The original droid was apparently Google's UI. From what I've seen, it's got a lot of Blur's traits, but they won't out and out admit that its Blur or Blur based.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    From what I've seen, it's got a lot of Blur's traits, but they won't out and out admit that its Blur or Blur based.
    Can you really keep a straight face while typing that something is "Blur based"?

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    @Mac, I think the new Droid's are indeed shipping with a toned down flavor of MotoBlur.

@Reca, I like the native messaging app too initially. Where it fails is when you start to accumulate a LOT of texts. I have some conversations that are several hundred messages long because that's over the course of weeks. The message app now bogs when I open those convos because it opens the entire string of messages. When I did a search for a solution, I found tons of people with the same problem. Preventative maintenence in the way of deleting messages every once in a while helps, but it takes the app over ten minutes to delete a thread that is a couple hundred messages long, if it does it at all. Mine just freezes and won't delete anything. Chomp, on the other hand, only opens the last couple dozen messages of a conversation, and it does it instantly...from there you can page back further into the conversation to read older messages, etc. It's also fully customizable with colors, etc. It's definitely free, so if you ever need another text app, give it a whirl.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The nickname of Motorola's new version of Blur is Ninja Blur. It's still an unnecessary layer on top of stock Android.

My experience with Samsung's TouchWiz is there are some nice visual elements but it introduces some lag. I can't wait for the Cyanogen 2.2 optimized stock Android ROM to get ported to my phone.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Woot Woot, just installed my 2.2 Froyo.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    For you Verizon guys, if the 4.3" Droid X is too big, but you want more than the 3.7" Droid Incredible, the Samsung Galaxy S "Fascinate" will be coming out soon. Best Buy is about to start taking pre-orders which means this phone is close to release. This is the Verizon version of my phone with the 4" Super AMOLED screen and screaming processor and large memory.

Samsung Fascinate Pre-Order Starts This Weekend at Best Buy | Android Phone Fans

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I will be joining the Android gang here in a few days..............I lost my phone sometime today, so here I come!!!!!!!
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I think my earlier debate has been settled.....now to wait.

New HTC Verizon Phone Looks Impressive, but What is it? | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Pudge, that phone looks badass. I need to do some reading up!

As for your earlier question, sorry, I must have missed it. 16gig card in the DInc.

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Never mind, found my phone in the trunk of my unit...........LOL I was a day away from purchasing the Samsung Captivate.......;-)
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Pudge, that phone looks badass. I need to do some reading up!

As for your earlier question, sorry, I must have missed it. 16gig card in the DInc.
    Yeah, there's speculation that it's the Droid Merge, or Sprint's Evo now carried over to Verizon.

I'm gonna sit tight on that one and wait and see. All the droid sites have been talking about it today, but there's no new info as of yet. It needs to come out very soon.

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Rumor is that the above is a new version of the Droid Incredible, dubbed the Incredible HD

HTC Droid Incredible HD release date is coming soon? | Morning City News

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information