Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Android Discussion

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Ok. We are done with AT&T. I'd rather have good service for most of my area than bad service for all of my area. AT&T is just useless. I'm looking myself now but if anyone is already in the know what is a good Droid phone through Verizon? I need the ability to purchase and change batteries. I can't stand running out of power. Our change over won't happen until October when my part of the contract runs out.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Motorola is rumored to be announcing a phone with an edge to edge screen (no bezel.) There's also a rumor of 5 Nexus devices from different manufacturers celebrating Android's 5 year anniversary this fall. Wait and see.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    Ok. We are done with AT&T. I'd rather have good service for most of my area than bad service for all of my area. AT&T is just useless. I'm looking myself now but if anyone is already in the know what is a good Droid phone through Verizon? I need the ability to purchase and change batteries. I can't stand running out of power. Our change over won't happen until October when my part of the contract runs out.
    Hubby loves his G'zOne CASIO but I don't know about the battery thing.
    lewisipso likes this.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

code3bg is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    You can't go wrong with the RAZR MAXX, especially if you need long battery life. They've got a new RAZR phone (Moto RAZR HD) coming in about a week but it won't have the same long life battery as the MAXX. I'm due in October for upgrade, I'll probably look at the MAXX or the Samsung Galaxy S III. Most likely the MAXX though.
    lewisipso likes this.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    Motorola is rumored to be announcing a phone with an edge to edge screen (no bezel.) There's also a rumor of 5 Nexus devices from different manufacturers celebrating Android's 5 year anniversary this fall. Wait and see.
    Roger that. Thank you. Rumor is a possible Sept. 5th release date.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I've been running stock Jelly Bean since it was available. I decided this weekend to upgrade back to Cyanogenmod since their Jelly Bean ROM has been out a while. It's running slick. I also decided to load some themes.

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I'm looking for a new phone as well, I can get an upgrade at any time now but I'm not sure what I want to get.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Just purchased "Tasker". Very powerful app that will take me awhile to figure out.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Oh and finally purchased tapatalk too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Ok. Bad news for me. Our contract will not run out until 2013. AT&T finally got around to sending out ICS about a month ago for the Inspire, which I had to call and have pushed. Ever since installing it my phone has been running like it has a stutter. Glitching bad. If i have to run AT&T for another year I think I want to root this thing and try something else. I know this has been addressed here before but I do not want to f this up. Will the experts please, once again, point me in the right direction? (rooting for dummies) I'm looking to save the apps I have since most were FAOTD and I don't want to purchse them if that is possible. Thanks.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Ok. Bad news for me. Our contract will not run out until 2013. AT&T finally got around to sending out ICS about a month ago for the Inspire, which I had to call and have pushed. Ever since installing it my phone has been running like it has a stutter. Glitching bad. If i have to run AT&T for another year I think I want to root this thing and try something else. I know this has been addressed here before but I do not want to f this up. Will the experts please, once again, point me in the right direction? (rooting for dummies) I'm looking to save the apps I have since most were FAOTD and I don't want to purchse them if that is possible. Thanks.
    ICS should have been a dramatic improvement in performance and battery life.

When you got that upgrade did it save all your information so all you had to do was reboot? Upgrading the system and retaining settings and information can be problematic. What I would do if I were you is a factory reset. This removes everything except the base operating system. Go to Settings and then Backup and Reset. Select Factory data reset. This will wipe your phone so make sure you backup your music and photos first. Your phone will be restored to "out of the box" condition. When it's done you'll have to sign into your accounts again. If this does not cure your phone's performance you need to complain to AT&T their upgrade hosed you and get it replaced or fixed.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Ok, thanks.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I see today Apple has revolutionized the iPhone with 2011 technology. 4" screen, no NFC, 8MP camera. The Apple zombies will line up for hardware that's been in Android phones for several years now. You can't claim you're being copied when your competitors have taken over innovation.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MacLean View Post
    Rooted Nexus 7 - loving it.
    Mac,

How are you liking your tablet thus far? I'm picking one up tomorrow and figured I'd look for some insight.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    So far I love my Transformer Prime tablet. It's got a 10.1 inch screen. It's not too big and heavy to hold reading Kindle books. It's large enough I can have apps like Google+ or web pages like OR open and not scrunched up.

At this point I don't intend on keeping up with Microsoft anymore. I'm getting a nice little Bluetooth keyboard for when I want to type a lot and otherwise I rarely use PC's. A large NAS plugged into my home network will work nicely for long term storage which is all I use the PC for anymore.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Downloading Jelly Bean upgrade now.
    Pudge likes this.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Downloading Jelly Bean upgrade now.
    I'm loving JB on the tablet.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    For anyone still waiting on the Jelly Bean upgrade for their phone (pipe down Xiphos) you can push it even if you are stock like me.

1. Go to settings
    2. Go to Apps
    3. Click All
    4. Scroll down to Google Services Framework and click
    5. Click Force Stop
    6. Click Clear data
    7. Go back to settings
    8. Scroll down to About phone and click
    9. Click System Updates
    10. Click Check for updates

If you did this right it should say last checked for updates on 12/31/1969. Click check now. When I did this the JB update was there. You have to be connected to wi-fi to get it at this time.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    For anyone still waiting on the Jelly Bean upgrade for their phone (pipe down Xiphos) you can push it even if you are stock like me.
    I actually downgraded back to ICS. The new Google Search that pulls up the cards and other info just loaded too slowly on my phone. There is no traffic here so it was completely useless to get the traffic and weather updates (I already have a weather widget.) The search app loads that other garbage before it will give you the search field and let you start typing in it. My Nexus S is almost 2 years old and I don't think it has the horsepower JB needs for that search. So I'm on the CyanogenMod 9.1 ICS ROM. It runs like butter. I'm waiting to see what the next Nexus phones are this fall and I'm going to go with one of them or the LG Optimus quad core that's coming out. JB ought to run well on one of them.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Worth trying to get it on my couple months old Samsung Nexus? Or is it going to be "upgrades" to stuff I don't really care about?
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread Information