Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Android Discussion

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    Battery life. How is the battery life under heavy usage? That is a very big deal with me. Although my Inspire is rather old and uses battery life pretty quickly I can change the battery out.
    I've only had it for a day, it was fully charged at 6 this morning and right now the battery is at 62%. After a few more days I'll have a better gauge of the battery life and will let you know.
    lewisipso likes this.

Bjohnson63 is offline King of the Shit Bucket
    Verified LEO
    Well, my old flip phone finally crapped out. So, I finally dove into the smart phone market and got a Motorolla Razr Maxx HD with Android Jelly Bean. So far I like it but at the same token, I just realized how little I use a phone, since I havnt even made a call or sent a text on it since I got it. LOL. So far I downloaded a FB app, weatherbug, and google earth... thats about it. call me a simpleton I guess.

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjohnson63 View Post
    Well, my old flip phone finally crapped out. So, I finally dove into the smart phone market and got a Motorolla Razr Maxx HD with Android Jelly Bean. So far I like it but at the same token, I just realized how little I use a phone, since I havnt even made a call or sent a text on it since I got it. LOL. So far I downloaded a FB app, weatherbug, and google earth... thats about it. call me a simpleton I guess.
    You are miles ahead of me and my Samsung 3g whatchamacallit. I would download an app if I knew what an app was.

Hein42.gif
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Check out Tapatalk, HD Widgets, Hill Climb Racing, Evernote, Dropbox, Handcent SMS, PicSpeed Wallpapers, FML, TFLN...
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Verified LEO
    slow down...LOL. thanks for the suggestions. I will look into them.

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    Check out Tapatalk, HD Widgets, Hill Climb Racing, Evernote, Dropbox, Handcent SMS, PicSpeed Wallpapers, FML, TFLN...
    Dropbox is incredibly handy, especially if you have it sync with your home computer. I was using it as my cloud storage for Titanium Backup, except being a digital packrat I soon found it was taking up most of the space and the live syncing was more annoyance than benefit. Switched Titanium to backup to Box.net and keep Dropbox for pictures, docs and such.

Mentioning this since Box is giving away up to 50 gigs right now, no doubt in response to the new Mega nonsense. Normally 5 gig, need to follow a Dell promoted link to get more so I'll leave that for Google or any deals site to provide.

Jim1348 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO

Android Discussion

.....I finally dove into the smart phone market and got a Motorola Razr Maxx HD with Android Jelly Bean.....
    I have an Android, but I have found that I only use a few applications. For example, when the weather is warmer, I will go out horseback riding and stream audio while on the trail out in the woods. I do like maps and I bring my phone with while ATVing. I get to some pretty remote areas. Actually, since you are in western Wisconsin, you might know exactly where the Gandy Dancer Trail is. Anyway, since the areas I get to are remote, having maps stored on the phone are critical, that way I can still use the GPS even if I have no cell coverage.

Also, at the risk of pointing out the obvious, get a good phone case to protect it. I have used OtterrBox, but there are others, too. I have heard too many stories of broken phones.

Verified LEO
    Thanks all for the info/tips. I do have an otterbox defender case for it.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I upgraded a few months ago to the HTC One X. It was loaded with Sense 4.0. I left it stock (but rooted) because Sense is pretty. It has nice design elements. Over time though I began getting frustrated with what was essentially a pre Gingerbread interface that basically downgraded Android. Last week I finally got fed up and switched to Cyanogenmod 10.1 which is Jelly Bean. It's nice returning to what I was running on my 2 year old phone, now with a quad core Tegra 3. It's screaming now and themes have gotten me back to a visually appealing interface.

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    I picked up a Samsung Galaxy 3 today the verdict is still out it seems to have a lot of features and very fast.
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The hard reset on my Inspire didn't work the first time so I've been suffering through all the lag issues since then. Got fed up and did another one 2 days ago. So far that seems to have done the trick. The phone is well out of warranty so I am considering rooting the phone and see what happens.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If you root, check out Lagfix and Seeder. They will speed your phone up.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Not really seeing anything that is making me feel comfortable doing the root. I do not have a vast understanding of tech. I'm checking xda-developers but I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I do it. Anyone know of a tutorial video that could assist me. Again, I want to make sure I'm looking at the right rooting information. Thanks.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Find the XDA forum for your phone, go to the Android Development sub forum. There will be a thread, probably stickied, that is a Root guide. That will link all the threads, guides, tutorials, and videos for unlocking and rooting.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Hmm. Apparently I'm blind. I'm checking again but I don't see my phone at all.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    What's the make and model name?

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    HTC Inspire 2.3.5 I think I found it but if you would double check and make sure I would appreciate it. Although my phone is older and out of warranty I do not have one to replace it so I really want to know what I am doing. Thanks.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Been putting off upgrading for a while, but now thanks to tax refund cash, my wife's nagging, and Reca talking up his new S3, I may be on a new device tomorrow. Wife is torn between the Galaxy and the Droid 4 (wants a keyboard again). Unless someone knows something I don't, I'll be going with the Galaxy.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If you can wait to get your phone until the spring, there's some badass phones coming. The HTC One is supposedly being released in March. Amazing specs. The Motorola X phone is rumored to be coming soon and is the first phone Google has had direct input on since purchasing Motorola Mobility. I'd go buy the One but I want to see the specs and release for the X before I decide.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    If you can wait to get your phone until the spring, there's some badass phones coming. The HTC One is supposedly being released in March. Amazing specs. The Motorola X phone is rumored to be coming soon and is the first phone Google has had direct input on since purchasing Motorola Mobility. I'd go buy the One but I want to see the specs and release for the X before I decide.
    Its tempting, but both the Droid X's are tired old dogs and don't have much life left.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread Information